Rocket Girls 101

Foreign Love

Dylan rushed over the building where he will wait for the finals. Adrenaline rushed through him as he passed people on his way. Finally, he found a seat where he can see the stage clearly and sat there. 

 

"I hope she's on the Top.", Dylan whispered to himself as he rubbed his hands together. He was definitely nervous for this one, he doesn't even get nervous on his performances, yet this made him nervous when he's not even performing.

 

Dylan opened his phone and look at the rankings. "You can do it, just five more rankings and you'll be on the Top 11.", he said to himelf as his right foot stomped lightly and repeatedly, showing his nervousness. He then took out his little banner and held it tight, the live show was about to start.

 

Dylan watched after the mentors and as the contestants appeared on stage. He searched for someone in a rapid speed. His eyes landed on a girl with a short blonde hair. He finally found her, but seeing her made him more nervous.

 

Relax Dylan, you're not the one performing for you to debut, relax and believe in her! Dylan told to himself. He calmed down and watched the show. He was standing up at times and smiling whenever he heard her singing, Her voice is so angelic... 

 

He then realized that it was finally the time to announce the Top 11 who will be in the girl group. Dylan became nervous again, he looked at her and saw that she was nervous as well, a lot more nervous. He relaxed his features as he stared at her.

 

Sunnee was looking around the place and her eyes found Dylan, who was looking at her with a gentle look. Dylan saw the nervousness and gave her a reassuring smile. Sunnee gave him a small smile. 

 

"I will announce the first contestant to make it into the group.", Ella announced. "Entering the group at number 8 received from girl group founders 106, 536, 863 votes", she continued and stopped for a while.

 

"She was inspired by her idol and it planted a seed in her heart. She also strives to be the strongest on stage and move each and every audience. She is...", Ella stopped and that made everyone more nervous. 

 

"Who is she?", Huang Bo asked and it added more nervousness to everyone. "She is...", Ella started again but stopped. "I'm about to have a heart attack.", Ella joked. "I've always thought highly of her.", Zhang Jie admitted. "Yes, I typically ease heart attacks.", Huang Bo joked as the thick atmosphere lessens. 

 

"Okay, we will eventually have to announce it. Mentor Ella, please read out her name.", Huang Bo said. It took a second before Ella said the announcement, "She is... Sunnee Yang Yun Qing!", she finally announced the first contestant. 

 

Sunnee cried as she heard her name. She felt numb at the moment, she wasn't ready for this. The other contestants gathered around and congratulated her. She kept on crying, she doesn't know if it it's tears of joy or surprise. After a few moments she calmed down a little and went in the middle front of the stage where the mic stood.

 

She turned around a couple of times trying to calm herself down. "First one to enter the group, Sunnee. This is the first time I'm seeing her standing on stage like this. This is really a big surprise." Huang Bo said trying to calm her. "What would you like to say to everyone?", Huang Bo asked.

 

Sunnee huffed and calmed herself and faced the audience, "Hello girl group founders, I'm from Comic Lead Culture, Sunnee Yang Yun Qing.", she started but her emotions took over her again as she stopped talking for a moment. "Lao Shi, in the past three days of rehearsals I haven't tried this, I really don't know what to say...", Sunnee admitted as she cried again.

 

Dylan watched her and laughed a little at what she said and puts his little banner over his mouth. "I didn't think that I would make it into the group.", Sunnee continued and cried a little again. After a few moments, she finally calmed herself down and put her hands on the mic, signalling that she was about to say her unprepared and unpracticed speech.

 

"Thank you everyone for your support. Your love... To receive your love was not easy. In these seven years, I've been searching for this strength but didn't received it before. After coming on Produce 101, I felt a lot of love. Thank you to all the staff, thank you girl group founders, thank you to all the mentors, thank you Produce 101 for giving me this opportunity to be on a stage. Thank you!", Sunnee finished her speech and bowed down.

 

After a moment, Sunnee finally walked to her seat and the mentor told her to sit on it. Dylan watched her features and he could see that she was relieved but was still in shock. Dylan finally smiled in joy and victory, not because someone from their company made it, but because of his friend made it.

 

A few hours later...

 

After Rocket Girls 101 celebrated, Sunnee sat on her spot at their bus and opened her phone. She was surprised to see that a lot of people messeged and texted her 'congratulations'. She scrolled through her inbox and clicked a contact number with the name of 'QiQi". She smiled as she read the text.

 

Congratulations! I knew you would make it. All you hard works got payed off. I can't celebrate with you but I'll let you know that I'm always here for you, my dear wifey. Haha, okay jokes aside. Just have fun and don't pressure yourself, okay? Do what you love and you'll have your own stage. This journey is worth it and I'm sure you won't regret it, right? I'm happy for you and my choice is always you. Now, you're on the road of your dreams. Congratulations again, Sunnee! We love you.

 

- QiQi

 

She scrolled until she found a picture that 'QiQi' sent to her. It was Dylan with a picture of him showing his little banner. Sunnee smiled as she saved the picture and close her phone, but of course, replied to Dylan.

 

Hahaha, thank you my handsome hubby! I knew you would say this hahaha. Thank you for supporting me through my ups and downs during this journey. I won't forget you and your love. I love you guys too!

 

Sunnee fell asleep with a smile on her face.