Chapter 8

A Hunter's Secret

Things changed as word from the other teams said they were on their way back. Kangmin knew that he had to tell Wooyeop but he also had Hayoung to deal with before he got everyone together to tell Taeseon. Luckily local missions were giving him some time to think about what he was going to say to Wooyeop and Hayoung and Taeseon weren't due back for another couple weeks at most.

Missions with Wooyeop were... Interesting to say the least. Wooyeop was more extroverted around Kangmin and he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was his attempt at flirting, but everyone knew how oblivious Kangmin was when it came to people flirting with him. He had learned to pick up on flirting but he was still oblivious to most flirting.

"Man, I know how you feel with these local missions now," said Wooyeop as Kangmin drove home after mailing the items back to Boston. "Yeah, well," said Kangmin as he shrugged. "At least I'm getting paid," he said. "Not as much as we do though," said Wooyeop. "You guys are doing international missions and such," said Kangmin. "Of course you get paid more," he said. "Half the pay goes towards getting you home," he said. "Well, true," said Wooyeop.

When they got home Kino was in the front yard playing fetch with Changgu and Kangmin went to join him while Wooyeop went into the house. "Hey, how was missions?" Asked Kino as he threw a ball for Changgu. "Horrible," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "I hate local missions," he said. Kino laughs. "Yes, you keep telling me that," he said.

Changgu came back with the ball, dropping it at Kangmin's feet. "Hey Changgu," said Kangmin as he pet Changgu on the head. He picked up the ball and threw it, watching as Changgu ran after it. "I'm getting dense vibes from Wooyeop again," said Kino as Kangmin threw the ball for Changgu again. "I see," said Kangmin as he nodded.

"He may be stuck in the belief that you're seeing someone," said Kino as Kangmin picked up the ball, examining it. "I see," said Kangmin as he threw the ball again. "I don't know about Wooyeop but," he said, shrugging. "He was never really that open with Jisung and Kihyun," he said. "At least, when it came to their relationship," he added. Kino hummed, watching as Changgu came back with the ball, his tail wagging. "Good boy Changgu," said Kino as he pet Changgu on the head.

"Who do you think's coming back next?" Asked Kino. "The American team," said Kangmin. "We already got word about them being over in Chicago so," he said, shrugging. "They'll be back tomorrow at the earliest," he said. "Taeseon, Hayoung and Jihun are in Berlin right now, last we checked," he said, shrugging. "But from this point on, who knows what their reactions will be," he said.

"I can tell you this," said Kino. "I think that it'd be easier to ask what he thinks about it," he said. "Then sort of ease him into the thought of it," he said. "I don't know," said Kangmin. "I think he's hoping that I am looking to be in a relationship," he said. "Well," said Kino. "Maybe he is looking for a relationship," he said. "Maybe with all the missions he's doing with Hyunwoo you can push him in the right direction," he said. Kangmin hummed in response. "I do see them together at some point," he eventually said. Kino chuckled some.

Shinwon came outside to see what they were up to, and Changgu went to see him. "What are you two doing?" He asked. "Just talking," said Kangmin as he turned to Shinwon. Shinwon tilted his head to the side. "Nothing bad I hope," he said. "No," Kangmin said with a chuckle. "Nothing bad," Kino said, laughing some.

"Am I needed for something?" Asked Kangmin as he tilted his head to the side. "No, just came to see what you were doing," said Shinwon. "When do you plan on coming out to him?" He asked. "I don't know, probably after dinner," said Kangmin. "It's my turn at the lake so," he said, shrugging.

"Wasn't aware of you taking turns," said Kino. "Well, Jisung insisted that I went today with Wooyeop so," he said, shrugging. "We're usually left alone, unless I decide to ask someone from the pack to come along," he said. "I see," said Kino.

"Do you mind if I take Changgu along?" Asked Kangmin as he turned to Kino. "Not at all," said Kino. "Alright, let's go and get some dinner then," said Shinwon. Everyone went inside, and Kino went to get Changgu's dog bowl and filled it with some food and got a bowl of water for him.

Dinner was different, the atmosphere was tense at first. Wooyeop wasn't liking the way the atmosphere was but he chose to ignore it. Kangmin was nervous, but he tried to hide it as much as possible. Everyone made small talk amongst themselves, talking about missions and things they did while away from the team house.

After dinner Kangmin got ready to head out to the lake, grabbing his phone and calling for Changgu before asking Wooyeop to go with him. "Good luck," called Kino as Kangmin left the house with Wooyeop and Changgu.

"Do you want to pay respects to the graveyard before going to relax?" Asked Kangmin as he turned to Wooyeop. "Sure," said Wooyeop. "I never really done this before, what do I do?" He asked. "I'll give you a bunch of flowers and we drop them off at each grave," said Kangmin. "Easy enough right?" He asked. Wooyeop nodded. "Yeah," he said. Kangmin nodded and went to get some flowers before handing a bunch to Wooyeop.

After showing Wooyeop how he put the flowers down Kangmin stepped back and let Wooyeop do his thing, petting Changgu on the head and waiting patiently. When Wooyeop was done they headed over to the lake and sat down by the shore with Changgu sitting beside Kangmin.

"So," said Kangmin. "Do you have any interests in finding someone as your significant other?" He asked. "I mean," said Wooyeop as he shrugged. "I guess," he said. "Do you have a crush on anyone?" Asked Kangmin as he turned his head to look at Wooyeop. "I'd be lying if I said no," Wooyeop said, laughing some.

"Who is it?" Asked Kangmin. "Hyunwoo?" He asked. "How'd you know?" Asked Wooyeop. "I think you're trying to make him jealous, it's not working," Kangmin said, shaking his head. "I don't like him in that way anyway, I told him that," he said. "Well darn," said Wooyeop.

"So are you seeing someone?" He asked. "No," said Kangmin. "I'm not," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I don't want to be in a relationship," he said. "I don't think I ever will be in a romantic one anyway," he said. "Oh," said Wooyeop.

"Are you okay with that?" Asked Kangmin. "I mean, sure," said Wooyeop. "It lets me know that I can confess to Hyunwoo with no problems," he said. "Unless he likes someone else," he said. "He doesn't," said Kangmin. "I asked Kino," he said. "You know, since he's really perceptive and such," he said. Wooyeop nodded. "I am going to wait until Taeseon says something," he said. "Before completely saying I'm okay with this, who knows what my opinion will be when that happens," he said. Kangmin hummed. "I'm heading off then," he said. "If you want to come with me anyway," he added. "Nah, I'll be here for a bit longer, thanks for telling me," said Wooyeop. Kangmin nodded and headed back to the house with Changgu.

"How'd it go?" Asked Kino once Kangmin returned to the house. "Fine," said Kangmin. "We should go tell Chan then," he said. Kino nodded and headed upstairs with Kangmin.

"How'd it go?" Asked Chan as he sat down with Jinwoo. "Went fine," said Kangmin as he explained what had happened. "He was jealous huh?" Jinwoo asked, laughing as he shook his head. "Apparently," said Kino as he chuckled some. "Well, the teams should be back within the next couple weeks," said Kangmin. "We're in Chicago now, I had to come here on a mission," said Jinwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "Your American team is here, we'll come over with them," said Chan.

"Oi, get Jinho in frame will you?" Asked Kino. "So he can stop worrying," he added. Chan laughs and called for Jinho, Jinho soon coming into view. "What?" Asked Jinho. "I'm fine damn it," said Kino. "We're completely fine here," he said. "I know, but I can't help but worry, you're our youngest," said Jinho. "Yeah, yeah," said Kino as he sighed, scratching the back of his head.

"Well, one more person before Taeseon," said Chan. "I'm nervous," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "Hayoung and I weren't particularly close and Taeseon's the team leader," he said. "We'll see what happens when it happens," said Chan. "Right," said Kangmin.