Chapter 11

A Hunter's Secret

"Kangmin," said Chan. "Where is home to you?" He asked. "Detroit," said Kangmin. "I want to go back to Detroit," he said. "We'll take you back," said Jinwoo. "But you need to bring this up to the vampire hunting association," he said. "No!" Said Kangmin as he turned to Jinwoo. "If this involved just Hayoung then I'm all for it," he said. "But this involves the entire team," he said.

"Kangmin," said Jinwoo. "You realize you need to tell the vampire hunting association that you left your team and faction?" He asked. "This will involve your entire team regardless," he said. "I don't want to face them yet," said Kangmin. "Okay?" He asked. Chan, being the tracker he was, picked up on fear as he put a hand on Jinwoo's shoulder. "Don't push it," he said softly. "We should get him home first," he said.

When they got back to the pack house Changkhyun didn't look happy. "It didn't go well did it?" He asked. "No," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "I don't want to cause tensions between my old team and your pack so I'll be leaving, whenever I can at least get some of my things," he said. "Kihyun and Jisung should be coming over with some stuff," said Changkhyun. "Kihyun had texted me saying he was moving back in," he said. "I see," said Kangmin.

"You know," said Doyoung as he walked over. "In all my years of being a hunter this is only the second time a team has kicked one of their members out for going against someone's uality," he said. "The first time it happened with hunters it happened with Taehyun and his pack, and the person against it got kicked out," he said. "I do believe that he is back though," he added.

"Taeseon wasn't justified in the slightest for what he did, despite the fact that he did the smart thing and had his team choose what to do with you," he said. "I'm surprised that you didn't leave after everything happened," he said. "I wanted to confront Hayoung about it," said Kangmin. "I was expecting Taeseon to be on my side but," he said, sighing as he scratched the back of his head.

"Can't have everything," said Changkhyun. "What are you going to do when you get to Detroit?" He asked. "Talk to Taehyun," said Kangmin. "I used to live in his apartment building in Detroit," he said. "He gave Jisung, Hohyeon and I a place to live before we came here and he said that if I was to ever come back then my old apartment would be open for me," he said.

"We'll get you there," said Chan. "We will," said Jinwoo. "You have your jeep don't you?" He asked. "I don't know," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "I hope someone brings it over, I know Jeongin and Kihyun won't be coming back until they get everything that I need, including my laptop," he said.

"It was nice having you around kid," said Sunggyu as he walked over. "Out of everyone next door, you and Jisung were my favorite," he said. "That sounds creepy," said Kangmin as he laughs. "But thank you," he said. "I suggest not coming to Detroit unless you let me know, we don't want any accidents happening," he said. "Noted," said Sunggyu.

Shinwon walked into the house with Kino on his back and Changgu beside him. "I think we're due to head home," said Shinwon. "Need help packing?" Asked Kangmin. "Nah, I got the truck packed, we were heading back regardless, Kino's exhausted," said Shinwon. "Hope he snaps out of it soon," said Kangmin. "Yeah, see you around," said Shinwon. "See you," said Kangmin. Shinwon nodded and left with Changgu.

Kihyun, Jisung, Hohyeon and Jeongin came over after a few hours, bringing Kangmin's jeep with them. Kangmin headed outside, putting his hands in his pockets. "We tried to convince them to let you stay but," said Jisung. "It's alright," said Kangmin. "Your stuff is in the jeep," said Hohyeon. "Did they destroy anything?" Asked Kangmin. "No, but Chan and Jinwoo need to get their stuff before they throw it out," said Jisung. Chan and Jinwoo ran to get their stuff.

"You're going home huh?" Asked Jisung as he turned to Kangmin. Kangmin nodded. "At least I know that back home I'm wanted," he said. "If we ever move out, you're welcome to visit," said Hohyeon. Kangmin nodded. "Finish the school year on a good note," said Kangmin. "We will," said Hohyeon. Jeongin nodded in agreement.

Chan and Jinwoo entered the house after packing up their stuff in Kangmin's jeep. "Ready?" Asked Kangmin as he turned to them. Chan nodded. "Do you know the way?" He asked. "Yeah," said Kangmin. "Have a safe trip then," said Jisung as he went over and hugged Kangmin. "And don't fret over us alright? We'll do fine on our own," he said. "Sure, hyung," said Kangmin as he hugged Jisung back. He moved away, grinning. "I'll do fine on my own, I got Taehyun hyung," he said. Jisung laughs. "Of course," he said, tousling Kangmin's hair. "I'll see you around then," he said. Kangmin nodded and turned to Hohyeon.

"I didn't want to cry over this but damn it," said Hohyeon as he wiped away tears. "You'll do fine," said Kangmin as he brought Hohyeon into a hug. "Don't drop out when you're this close to graduating alright?" He asked. "Make it til the end of the school year, then come and see me," he said. Hohyeon nodded and moved away. "We'll make you proud," he said. Kangmin turned to Changkhyun. "Tell the others I left alright? I think Jeno and Jungwoo will be the ones who will miss me the most," he saiad. Changkhyun chuckled, nodding. "I will," he said. Kangmin grinned before leaving with Chan and Jinwoo.

"Hello?" Came Taehyun's voice once Kangmin was driving. "Hey Taehyun hyung," Kangmin said. "Oh! Kid! What's up?" Asked Taehyun. "I got kicked out of my team, can I come over and stay for a while?" Asked Kangmin. "Oh? Sure," said Taehyun. "But you're telling me why before I go and declare war on them," he growled. "It's to do with my uality," said Kangmin as he sighed. "Okay what the hell?" Asked Taehyun. "I'll tell you when I get there okay?" Asked Kangmin. "Sure," said Taehyun.