Chapter 12

A Hunter's Secret

They had stopped in Chicago to make sure Kino and Shinwon made it back safe, with Jinwoo having a reunion with MJ before they continued onto Detroit. Jinho was livid with what the decision was, and the only thing stopping him from declaring war was Kangmin begging them to not do anything. For now Kangmin wanted time to collect himself, and eventually get back to doing missions. He would deal with his ex team when the time came.

When they got to Detroit it was late at night and Jinwoo was driving with Chan in the passenger seat while Kangmin was curled up in the back seat sleeping. Just a few hours earlier they had to listen to Kangmin fight back his sobbing as he cried himself to sleep. Kangmin was stubborn and refused to let them stop for him, needing to cry this out.

Taehyun came outside when he spotted a new car in front of his building as Jinwoo parked the jeep. "Well, this is awkward," said Taehyun as he scratched the back of his head. Jinwoo turned and woke up Kangmin before getting out of the jeep, letting Kangmin out as Chan got out from the passenger side. "Hey hyung," said Kangmin as he gave a tired grin.

"I haven't had a werewolf in Detroit in who knows how long," said Taehyun. "Well, other than the hunters anyway," he said. "I've never had one ask for residence before," he said. "I hope you don't mind," said Kangmin. "No," said Taehyun. "A promise is a promise," he said. "Go get your stuff, your apartment is open," he said. Kangmin nodded and went to unpack with Jinwoo and Chan going to grab their things and follow Kangmin up to his apartment.

"Kangmin," said Chan. "Can you hear your wolf yet?" He asked. "No," said Kangmin as he looked down. "We'll figure this out alright?" Asked Chan. "There's no reason for you to not feel your wolf right now," he said. Kangmin nodded.

"Well, we're here," he said, standing in front of his apartment door. "There's two rooms, my room has a K on the door," he said. "Unless they removed it," he said, opening the door and going inside. "Looks like all they got rid of was the food," he said, looking around. "And kept it clean," said Chan. "Yep," said Kangmin as he went to his room. "Your room is next to mine, it used to be Jisung and Hohyeon's room," he said, turning to Chan and Jinwoo. Chan nodded. "Yell if you need anything," he said. Kangmin nodded and entered his room. Chan and Jinwoo entered the other room and got situated.

Early the next morning Kangmin had woke from nightmares, crying out as he sat up. Chan and Jinwoo ran into his room, with Chan going straight to Kangmin to see if he was alright. "Kangmin," said Chan as he put his hands on Kangmin's shoulders. "Kid, you okay?" He asked. Kangmin shook his head no. "Was it a nightmare?" Asked Chan. Kangmin nodded, looking down. "Don't worry about them alright?" Asked Chan. "It was just a dream," he said, bringing Kangmin into a hug. "I-I know," mumbled Kangmin. "But I can't help but be scared of the dreams," he said. "We're here," said Chan. "Nothing is going to happen to you while we're here okay?" He asked. Kangmin nodded.

"Besides," said Jinwoo. "They'd have to go through Taehyun and his pack before getting to you," he said. "Jinwoo is right," said Chan. "I've studied Taehyun and his pack for a bit," said Jinwoo. "They do care for you kid," he said.

"Anyway," said Chan. "It's still rather early but let's go on a morning walk," he said. "To clear our heads," he added. Kangmin nodded. "I know a spot in walking distance," he said. "I used to go there when I was younger," he said. "Sure," said Chan. "We'll leave you to get dressed then," he said. Kangmin nodded and went to get dressed with Chan and Jinwoo leaving to get dressed.

Kangmin met them in the livingroom, dressed and ready to go. "Ready?" Asked Chan. Kangmin nodded. "Let's go," he said. They headed out after Kangmin grabbed his phone and wallet, taking a walk to a nearby park. Chan and Jinwoo followed after him, walking in silence.

"I keep having nightmares," said Kangmin as he went to sit down on a swing. "About what?" Asked Chan as he went to sit next to Kangmin on another swing. "My wolf attacking me," said Kangmin. "What?" Asked Chan. "Why would it be attacking you?" He asked. "It might have to do with you being basically human now?" Asked Jinwoo. "How so?" Asked Kangmin.

"Well," said Jinwoo. "You smell human to me, I don't think werewolves can tell a difference with their kind but," he said, shrugging. "Your wolf is basically rejecting you, thus the nightmares," he said. "I suggest doing some meditating to try and contact your wolf," he said. "If that doesn't work then the last resort thing is to turn you again," he said. "If only it'll get your wolf to respond to you again," he added. Kangmin hummed in response.

"I think I want to try the meditating thing," said Kangmin as he looked down at his feet. "I don't want to be turned again, unless we need to," he said. "Who knows what would happen if I get turned again," he said. Jinwoo nodded.

"This is where you guys went to?" Asked Taehyun as he walked over with Timotheo. "Hello Taehyun hyung," said Kangmin. "Timotheo," he added. "Hello Kangmin, Jinwoo and Chan," said Timotheo as he put his hands in his pockets. "Hello you three," said Taehyun.

"Care to explain what had happened for you to get kicked out of your team and faction?" Taehyun. "Well," said Kangmin as he looked down. "I came out to my team and well, they weren't too happy for it," he said. "So basically what happened with Sungwoon and I," said Timotheo. "Except he was the one against it and he got kicked out for it," he added. "Basically," said Kangmin.

"What had happened between you two?" Asked Jinwoo. "Moonbin was there for it but he never really gave us a straight answer as to what had happened," he said. "Well, I'm aual," said Timotheo. "The idea of anything to do with just disgusts me," he explained. "Luckily everyone was on my side for it, and thus Sungwoon ended up leaving," he said. "But I don't know why Moonbin was involved," he said.

"I invited Moonbin over for a week to be aware of the vampires in Detroit," said Taehyun. "Hojung was busy with missions at the time so he wasn't around until the end of it," he said. "Moonbin got involved when it escalated to a fight between you two, and it caused everyone to try and break it up between you two," he said. "I wasn't even the one who initiated that fight," said Timotheo. "We know," said Taehyun.

"Well," said Taehyun as he turned to Kangmin. "I'm okay with you being here," he said. "But, any visitors are to come by me first," he said. "Jinwoo and Chan are okay because they came with you but," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Anyone else is to be run by you," said Kangmin. "Fine with me," he said.