Chapter 17

A Hunter's Secret

"Well, hello Kangmin," said Yedam as he was the first one to pick up. Mashiho was sitting beside him. "It's time then?" Asked Mashiho as he grinned. "Ah, I was waiting on this call," said Moonbin as he appeared next with Jinwoo and Chan sitting beside him. "Hey Jinwoo, Chan," said Kangmin. "Hello Kangmin, Kihyun, Jihun, Jisung," said Chan. Jinwoo waved. "Hello everyone," said Jihun. Jisung and Kihyun waved.

"And I was dragged into this call why?" Asked Nickhun as he appeared in the next window. "We're welcoming a new faction that I approved of, and I'm stripping the top team of their title," said Mashiho. "Well, this was something I didn't want to come into but I'm dragged into it anyway," said Joshua as he appeared next. "Same, but let's hear it," said Kyuhyun as he appeared next. "I'm curious as to what will happen then," said Chanyeol as he popped up next.

Hojung soon entered the apartment and went to sit down. "Hello Hojung, missions treating you well?" Asked Yedam. "Yeah, could say that," said Hojung as Taeseon soon popped up last, with Hayoung sitting beside him. "What is it?" Asked Taeseon.

"Well, I was building up a case against Taeseon and his faction," said Mashiho as he sent screenshots of the testimony to the chat. Everyone took a minute to read it. "You can't be serious?" Asked Taeseon. "You can't pin anything against me without evidence," Hayoung said with a smirk.

"That, is where you're wrong," said Kangmin as he got up, turning around and lifting up his shirt to show the giant scar across his back. "See this? Yeah that happened," he said before putting down his shirt. Hayoung sputtered, looking surprised. "You sneaky little-" He said before he was interrupted. "That's enough evidence isn't it?" Asked Mashiho. Moonbin hummed, knowing the full story behind the scar but he didn't say anything. "I'd think so," he said. "Yes," said Joshua. "I'd agree," said Kyuhyun. "Only if it made this conversation go faster," said Nickhun. Chanyeol hummed.

"I'd like to add," said Hojung. "When he got here Kangmin didn't smell like a werewolf, he smelled completely human," he said. "Ah, there's rumors of a drug going around," said Moonbin. "Eunwoo mentioned something about it," he said. "It renders the person completely human until they get in touch with their wolf again," said Yedam. "Yedam and Mashiho were here to oversee me getting in touch with my wolf again," said Kangmin. "It did work, after an hour he smelled like a werewolf again," said Mashiho.

"So it's true then," said Joshua. "Taeseon kicked Kangmin out because of his uality," he said. "As a witness, I testify for that," said Kihyun. "Same," said Jisung. "I also do," said Jihun. "As someone who wasn't a hunter and was just visiting, I testify for that," said Chan. "I followed along due to the situation involving a hunter," said Jinwoo.

"What do you plead?" Asked Chanyeol. "Innocent!" Said Taeseon. "It was a team decision!" He said. "A decision that involved half the team going to your side because they waited on what you would say," said Kangmin. "What does the witness say?" Asked Nickhun. "I, as a non-hunter witness was there for the whole thing," said Chan. "It in fact came down to a team decision," he said. "But when we talked about it before the confrontation with Taeseon, the members who were on Taeseon's side it were only waiting on Taeseon's decision in the matter before anything else," he said.

"Is there another witness to testify for Kangmin?" Asked Nickhun as he leaned forward, resting his chin on his hand. "Kino and Shinwon of Jinho's pack," said Kangmin. "After hearing of what happened, Jinho and MJ personally went to Taeseon's team house and declared Chicago off limits to his team," he said. "I can attest to that," said Hojung. "I was there when Jinho called Taehyun and Taehyun declared Detroit off limits to Taeseon's team, except for these three here," he said, motioning to Kihyun, Jisung and Jihun. "In fact, all of my pack were there when Taehyun declared Detroit off limits to Taeseon's team," he said.

"A bit much isn't it?" Asked Chanyeol. "Actually, they both had the right to do so," said Kyuhyun. "No matter the reason, if a pack doesn't want you to enter the city they can ban teams from entering," he said. "An old loophole," said Joshua. "One that hasn't been used in a long time but a loophole nonetheless," he said. "It's a compromise," said Nickhun. "I remember when we had to make sure everyone had to get permission to enter certain cities if a pack occupied it," he said. "Now we just tell them we're coming," he said.

"Most of the time we avoid cities that now have hunters in it," said Moonbin. "At least, that's what I think should've been the case since MJ started living in Chicago and Hojung's in Detroit," he said. "I'd like to state the fact that I now have called Detroit my home," said Kangmin. "Taehyun has allowed Kangmin to stay as long as he has work," said Hojung. "It was the compromise we had when he was living here before," he said. "That would also extend to anyone who decides to come stay with him," he added.

"It's settled then," said Mashiho. "I agree with banning Taeseon and Hayoung from ever becoming hunters again," said Joshua. "You know what that means?" Asked Moonbin. "It means all your bank accounts are off limits, given to the person who brought up the case," said Chanyeol. "You done goofed bud," said Kangmin as he snickered when Taeseon and Hayoung protested. "Karma!" Said Jisung as he gave Jihun a high five.

"All in favor of Kangmin say aye," said Joshua. "Aye," said everyone in the call but Taeseon and Hayoung. "Meeting adjourned, bye Taeseon," said Mashiho before he kicked Taeseon out of the call.

"Alright," said Kangmin as he addressed the remaining people in the call. "I would like to announce a new faction, my own," he said. "All in favor of Kangmin gaining his own faction say aye," said Mashiho. "Aye," said everyone in the call. "It's settled then," said Joshua. "Come to Boston to fill out your forms," said Joshua.

"Before you do that," said Mashiho. "Who there is joining your faction?" He asked. "I am," said Jihun. "Same," said Jisung and Kihyun. "I'm a werewolf hunter so I can't," said Hojung. "Alright," said Mashiho. "We'll see you in Boston then," said Joshua before leaving the call. "Good luck kid," said Chanyeol before he left the call. "Good luck then," said Moonbin. "I'll be coming over soon to congratulate you," said Chan. "Yeah, good luck," said Jinwoo before Moonbin hung up the call.

"Man, I never thought I'd get dragged into a case like this," said Nickhun. "Neither did I," said Kyuhyun. "Well, we have to remember to not discriminate against anyone's uality, that was a wake up call," said Mashiho. Nickhun nodded. "Good luck with your faction," he said before leaving the call. Kyuhyun waved before doing the same.

"Aw man, the look on their faces," Yedam said, bursting into laughter as he fell onto his back. "It was a losing battle regardless," said Mashiho as he chuckled. "Good luck to your new faction Kangmin, you deserved it," he said. "Thank you, Mashiho," Kangmin said with a grin. Mashiho smiled before ending the call.

"Well," said Kangmin as he turned to everyone. "That was awesome!" Said Jisung. "I am still finding it hard to believe you won that battle," said Hojung. "It shows that what goes around comes around," said Kangmin. "That it does," said Hojung.

"Also, that scar wasn't inflicted by Hayoung was it?" Asked Kihyun. "No," said Kangmin. "But the only people who knew were Chan, Jinwoo and Moonbin," he said. "We wouldn't've had any evidence otherwise, I had to pull that trump card," he said. Kihyun hummed in response.