Chapter 13

A Hunter's Secret

Before Kangmin could do any meditating Jinwoo and Chan had to return to Berlin and London respectively. Missions were keeping Kangmin busy anyway, as he still got them despite the fact that his team kicked him out. He had to earn money for food somehow.

Hojung started accompanying him on missions, more to provide back up. And since they were all in Detroit Hojung could stay around with the pack more. Werewolf hunting missions were always out of state, and Hojung didn't have many left without targeting those who were working for Kris so he just went with Kangmin to help him with missions.

"Did you ever think to become a vampire hunter?" Asked Kangmin as he finished his latest mission with Hojung. "Not really," said Hojung as he shrugged. "With werewolves it's easy, just take a picture of their wolf form and send it to the office," he said. "What if the objects that vampires had get lost in the mail? Some people can't make it to any of Dragon Enterprises's banks," he said. "Lately they've been having us email a picture of the item," said Kangmin. "They are aware of stuff getting lost in the mail so," he said, shrugging as he went to look for the item and found it, taking a picture and emailing it.

"That everything?" Asked Hojung. "Pretty much," said Kangmin as he looked at the item in question. He then put it in the bag he was using to store all the items. "Is it worth the trip to Boston I wonder?" He asked. "Do you want to make the trip?" Asked Hojung. "I don't want to risk running into my team," said Kangmin. "They're already banned from here," said Hojung. "Well, other than Kihyun, Jisung, Jihun, Hohyeon and Jeongin," he said. "Everyone else is banned from Detroit," he said.

"Let's go and turn this into the post office then," said Kangmin as he went to the jeep. Hojung followed after him, and they headed to the post office after Kangmin put it in a shipping box and wrote the address. They then headed back to the apartment building where Taehyun was waiting outside for them.

"What's up hyung?" Asked Hojung as he got out of the jeep. "Well," said Taehyun. "What did I say about having unannounced visitors?" He asked, turning to Kangmin as he got out of the jeep. "What?" Asked Kangmin. "If they were unannounced then even I didn't know they were coming," he said. "No text, no calls, no nothing," he said. "They must've deactivated my phone," he said, checking his phone to see.

"Your team really must hate you that much then," said Taehyun as he tilted his head to the side. "Who's here?" Asked Kangmin as he looked up at Taehyun. "Someone who claims he can help you," said Taehyun. "Yedam or something like that," he said.

"An old classmate of mine?" Asked Kangmin as he blinked. "Why is he here?" He asked. "I don't know, should go see him before Yoonsan tears into him for trespassing," said Taehyun. Kangmin rushed into the apartment building with Taehyun and Hojung following after him.

"Oi, you can let me go now," said Yedam as he sat with his hands tied behind his back. "And why should I?" Asked Yoonsan. "Because my phone was deactivated," said Kangmin as he rushed into the room. "Leave him, he's an old classmate of mine," he said. Yoonsan turned to Taehyun who entered the room a second later. "Let him go," said Taehyun. Yoonsan nodded and untied Yedam from his restraints.

"Not like you could kill me anyway," grumbled Yedam as he rubbed at his wrists before standing. "Would you really kill a fellow werewolf hunter?" He asked. Hojung raised an eyebrow. "Faction?" He asked. "I'm the founder of iKon's faction," said Yedam. "However, because I'm stuck as a 16 year old, well," he said, shrugging.

"What brings you to Detroit?" Asked Kangmin as he tilted his head to the side. "Moonbin contacted me," said Yedam as he shrugged. "It's weird, the whole thing with your wolf," he said.

"Who are you really?" Asked Taehyun. "Other than being iKon's founder? I am known to be the very first werewolf," said Yedam. "No way," said Yoonsan as he blinked. "You smell completely human to me," he said. "I've learned to mask my scent throughout the centuries," said Yedam as he shrugged. "To most I'm just a normal human," he said. "But to those who look closely there is definitely something there," he said.

"How have you been alive for centuries though?" Asked Taehyun. "I've learned to blend in," Yedam said, shrugging. "But that's beside the point," he said. "I'm here to help out Kangmin, who's wolf seemed to have disappeared," he said.

"Moonbin contacted you huh?" Asked Kangmin. "Well, Jinwoo did but it took Moonbin saying something to push me into coming to see you," said Yedam. "And uh, I want you to know that you have my support, when you eventually get to confronting your team," he said. "They messed with the wrong person," he said.

"So how are you going to go about this?" Asked Kangmin. "Easy, meditation first," said Yedam. "If that doesn't work then I will force it," he said. "I have the most powerful alpha aura that causes the wolf to come to the surface," he said. "It shouldn't do any harm to you, but we'll see what happens when it does," he said.

"I'll add another number to the phone lines for you," said Taehyun. "For now," he added. "Until you get back on your feet enough to be okay on your own," he said. "Thanks," said Kangmin.

"Well," said Yedam. "Let's go and get ready for it then," he said. "Sure," said Kangmin. They left Taehyun's apartment and headed back to Kangmin's apartment. "Sorry if it's a bit messy," said Kangmin as he opened the door. "It's alright," said Yedam.

"There's a guest room for you to stay in until you decide to leave then," said Kangmin. "Right," said Yedam. "Thanks," he said. Kangmin smiled slightly before going into the kitchen to start on lunch.