Chapter 7

A Hunter's Secret

Missions. If there was something Kangmin hated with a passion it was missions. More specifically local missions. He was glad he got some missions after a seemingly 3 month hiatus but getting local missions seemed like a slap in the face. Sure he got paid, which was great considering how empty his bank account seemed to be getting after paying off the rest of his school bills, but he had to dive into the team account just to buy food the other day and he didn't want to do that when the team account was meant for getting teams home from international missions. He also didn't want to ask Jisung to help pay for groceries when he could pay for them himself.

After getting home from his latest local mission Kangmin flopped down on the couch in the livingroom with a deep sigh, deciding to just lay there and try to tune out the world. "You alright Kangmin?" Asked Kihyun as he walked out of the kitchen. "Just fine," came Kangmin's muffled reply as he kept his face buried in the couch cushions. "I just want to sleep," he said. Kihyun went to sit next to Kangmin, putting a hand on his arm.

"I hate local missions," said Kangmin as he lifted his head to look at Kihyun. "Like, before I could understand why I only got them but I hate them now," he said. "I think I understand," said Kihyun. "Because Jisung was the same way, before we left," he said. "It does get frustrating," he said.

"I know I have the power to ask for a long term mission but," said Kangmin as he sat up. "I don't want a really long one you know?" He asked. "Like what yours had been," he added. "Yeah," said Kihyun. "Maybe one day I'll find someone to go with me," said Kangmin. "Can go with Hohyeon and Jeongin when they finally graduate," said Kihyun. "I heard they wanted a long mission after school ends, to help Hohyeon pay off the rest of his school bills," he said. "I might do that," said Kangmin. "We'll see what happens later I guess," he said. Kihyun nodded and got up, leaving the room and going back into the kitchen.

Kangmin was left to flop down on the couch again and lay there for a couple hours, wanting some time to himself. The Asian team was due back soon, and Kangmin was nervous. Hyunwoo and Wooyeop were always keeping to themselves, and it made it harder on Kangmin to determine who would have a bad reaction to his preferences.

 

~



A surprise visit from the neighboring 'shifters lightened the mood and Kangmin finally got to meet Changgu. Kino had come over with Shinwon and Changgu, bringing their support for Kangmin coming out to the rest of the team.

"Good to see you again," said Kangmin as he grinned when he opened the door. "Hey," said Kino as he brought Kangmin into a hug. "I thought it'd be best to come over for a bit," he said, moving away. "I managed to contact Taeseon and made sure he was fine with us being over," he said.

"Are you truly okay though?" Asked Kangmin as he moved to let them in. "Yeah, I'm moving into the good days," said Kino. "We've managed to predict when the good days and bad days are starting," said Shinwon. "Can thank Changgu for that," he said. "I finally get to meet the pup!" Said Kangmin as he turned to Changgu. "Hello," he said, moving to scratch Changgu behind the ears.

"Who's here?" Called Jisung as he walked downstairs. "It's Kino and Shinwon," said Kangmin as he turned to Jisung. "Also their dog Changgu," he said. "Ah, hello neighbors," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "Hello Jisung," said Kino.

"How long are you around for?" Asked Jisung. "Well," said Kino. "I think until all this is over and done with," he said. "And I'm not sure when my bad days start so we came early," he said. "If that's okay," he added. "Taeseon gave the okay?" Asked Jisung. "Yeah," said Shinwon.

"You heard from Chan yet?" Asked Kangmin as he turned to Kino. "No, not since we last talked," said Kino. "We're just waiting on him really aren't we?" Asked Kangmin. Kino nodded. "I think getting Moonbin to agree to letting Jinwoo come over with Chan is taking a bit longer than we thought," he said.

"Where'd Kihyun go?" Asked Kangmin as he looked at Jisung. "He's next door, the pack needed him for something," said Jisung. "I see," said Kangmin. "Well, I'll be in my room then," said Jisung before he headed back upstairs.

"Well, come on," said Kangmin. "I guess you'll be in my room for the time being," he said, heading upstairs. Kino, Shinwon and Changgu followed after him. "I don't know when Hohyeon's coming back but you can have his bed," said Kangmin as he opened the door.

"Not a bad room," said Kino. "Sorry if it's smaller than the room back at your place but," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "It's alright," said Kino. "From what I could see there's 5 rooms, so a room this size is fine," he said. Kangmin nodded, sitting on his bed.

 

~



It would be another few days before the Asian team returned, and Kangmin was anticipating their reactions. Kino was helping out around the house when he could with Shinwon, and Changgu mostly stayed with Kangmin, when he was sure that Kino would be okay anyway.

"Care to explain why the neighboring 'shifters are here?" Asked Hyunwoo as he walked into the kitchen where Kangmin was making lunch. "Taeseon gave the okay," said Kangmin as he turned to Hyunwoo. "Welcome back," he said. "Is there a problem?" He asked. "No no," said Hyunwoo. "Just wasn't expecting it is all," he said. "And thank you," he added.

"Why is their dog with you?" Asked Hyunwoo. "He likes my company," said Kangmin as he looked back to see Changgu laying down a few feet away. "Besides, Kino's doing okay, Changgu wouldn't leave him alone if that wasn't the case," he said. Hyunwoo hummed in response.

"Oh yeah," said Kangmin as he finished making lunch. "Do you mind if we have a chat later?" He asked. "Sure," said Hyunwoo. "I assume you're heading out later to the lake with Jisung or something," he said. "Actually no," said Kangmin. "I'm staying home tonight, those two want some time to themselves," he said. "Lunch is ready," he called, and everyone rushed down to the kitchen to get their share of food.

Lunch was uneventful, Hyunwoo and Wooyeop still tired from all the travelling they did before coming home. Kangmin was unsure of how to approach the subject of his uality as he pondered how to bring it up to Hyunwoo when the others would leave them alone for the evening.

"If I may suggest something," said Kino as he and Kangmin were doing the dishes. "Be blunt about it," he said. "I don't know why but Hyunwoo gives off the dense vibe," he said. "You may have to be blunt when telling him," he said. "Noted," said Kangmin as he nodded. "Good luck then," said Kino. "Thanks," said Kangmin.

After a few hours Kino, Shinwon and Changgu went to explore, while Jisung and Kihyun went to the lake, taking Wooyeop with them. Kangmin sat with Hyunwoo in the livingroom, in his own thoughts as they both watched a movie.

"So," said Hyunwoo. "I've heard some interesting rumors on the way back," he said. "Mhm," said Kangmin as he kept his attention focused on the TV. "Are you in a relationship right now?" Asked Hyunwoo. Kangmin snorts. "No," he said. "Who told you that?" He asked. "Wooyeop," said Hyunwoo. "I think he suspects that you found someone, but haven't told anyone about them yet," he said.

Kangmin let out an awkward chuckle. "I'm not seeing anyone right now," he said. "I can guarantee that," he said. "But I'm not looking to be in a relationship," he said. "Really? Have you even tried?" Asked Hyunwoo. "Being in a romantic relationship disgusts me," said Kangmin. "Not saying that I'm against Kihyun and Jisung's relationship, no I'm fine with that," he said. "But I don't see myself in a relationship like that," he said.

"So you don't want to be in a relationship?" Asked Hyunwoo. "No," said Kangmin. "Are you okay with that?" He asked. "I mean," said Hyunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "I guess?" He asked. "I want to see what Taeseon says though," he said. "I won't tell anyone else this," he said. "I assume you want to tell them yourself anyway," he said. Kangmin nodded. "Thanks, hyung," he said. Hyunwoo grinned, and the atmosphere in the livingroom was no longer tense.

 

~



When Kino, Shinwon and Changgu got back they noticed how relaxed Kangmin was with Hyunwoo in the room. "It went well then?" Asked Kino. Kangmin nodded. "I guess we go see if Chan's available," he said, getting up. "Have fun with that," said Shinwon. Kangmin nodded and headed upstairs with Kino and Changgu in tow, Kangmin going to get his laptop and sitting on the bed with Kino sitting beside him. "I think he'll be surprised," Kino said with a chuckle. "Definitely," said Kangmin as he waited on a response from Chan.

"Well, this is a surprise," said Chan as he started the call. "Hey Chan," said Kino as he grinned. "Hello Chan," said Kangmin as he chuckled some. "Well, how'd it go?" Asked Chan. "I came out to Hyunwoo, he seemed okay with it," said Kangmin. "However he's also wanting to wait until Taeseon says something before making final judgement," he said. Chan hummed in response.

"You saw this coming didn't you?" Asked Kangmin as he turned to Kino. Kino laughs. "No," he said. "But I overheard the two talking about this mysterious lover you seem to have," he said. "I figured I'd tell you to be blunt about it to clear up the confusion," he said. "I figured it'd be something like that," said Chan. "Something about the amount of people being in the team having at least one or two people think that you secretly had a mate or something," he said.

"So how's getting Jinwoo to come along going?" Asked Kino. "It's going," said Chan. "We'll be heading over after getting word that the rest of your team returned," he said. "I assume you want to wait til the rest of the team returns before telling Taeseon," said Kino. Kangmin nodded. "It's going to involve everyone," he said. "So I might as well," he said.

"I had to explain to Moonbin why Jinwoo was needed but," said Chan as he shrugged. "He finds the situation similar to what happened with Chani, so he agreed immediately," he said. "I see," said Kangmin. "I hope that was okay," said Chan. "Was Moonbin okay with it?" Asked Kangmin. "If he allowed Jinwoo to come with me, then yes," said Chan. Kangmin nodded. "You'd be surprised," said Kino. "At how many people are fine with who you are," he said. "I know, I know," said Kangmin.

"Well, three more people," said Kino as he leaned back on his hands, sighing a bit. "Two, technically but yes," said Kangmin. "Yeah," said Chan. "I'll see you then, good luck with the others," he said. "Thanks, goodnight Chan," said Kangmin. "Goodnight," said Chan before he hung up.