Chapter 18

A Hunter's Secret

Kangmin prepared for the trip to Boston, only taking a few extra changes of clothes before going to see if his jeep needed to change oil. Jihun and Jisung would go with him, as Kangmin named them his betas while Kihyun had to go back to the pack house to tell Changkhyun that he was moving to Detroit and get the rest of his and Jisung's things.

"Kangmin," said Yoonsan as he walked over. Kangmin looked up from checking the Jeep and turned to Yoonsan. "What's up?" He asked. "I'm sorry for acting so hostile towards you," said Yoonsan as he scratched the back of his head. "It's alright," said Kangmin as he wiped his hands and closed the hood of the jeep. "Taehyun explained why everyone was so hostile," he said. "Well, except Hojung, I imagine he's run into a few of us that were vampire hunters," he said.

"I suppose we're good now then?" Asked Yoonsan. "Of course," Kangmin said with a grin. "I'm still the same person I was when I was living here before," he said. "Same with Jisung, we just smell different," he said. "To you guys anyway," he added. "I just hope that doesn't change anything," he said. "Nah, it doesn't," said Yoonsan. "We all just need to get used to the smell of werewolves," he said. "Oi, it's not like I fare any better, I have to deal with the wet dog smell," Kangmin said with a snicker.

"Is that what we smell like? No wonder Yedam was so tense around us," said Yoonsan. "Trust me, I think I prefer the pine forest scent," said Kangmin as he went to put the tools away.

"I see you two are finally getting along," said Taehyun as he walked over with Timotheo and Junhyuk. "Where's Sungwoon been anyway?" Asked Kangmin. "Around, he's working a job at the nearby cafe," said Taehyun. "Is this a similar situation to Moonbin?" Asked Kangmin. "Yes, and no," said Taehyun as he chuckled slightly. "It's his punishment," he said. "He has to work to stay or he's out," he said. "Right, since he left before," said Kangmin as he nodded.

"Congrats on winning the case, you're welcome to stay as long as you want, with your teammates/pack," said Taehyun. "Thank you," said Kangmin as he nodded. "Though we'll be heading to Boston soon to make sure the money got deposited and finalize everything," he said. "I'm turning in my pocketwatch for a new one," he said.

"What's gonna be the design on it?" Asked Timotheo. "A K," said Kangmin. "For my name," he added. "Simple, but effective," said Yoonsan. "No one else uses the letter K for a faction symbol I don't think," he said. "No, I can attest for that," said Hojung as he walked over with Jisung and Jihun.

"Must , being the only human in the faction now," said Kangmin as he turned to Jihun. Jihun snorts. "I'm happy to stay human thanks," he said. "No offense," he added, causing the others to laugh. "Ready?" He asked. "Yeah," said Kangmin. Jisung nodded. "Have fun, tell Joshua we said hello," said Taehyun. "Sure," said Kangmin as he went to take his bags and put it in the trunk. Jisung and Jihun did the same.

Kangmin got into the driver's seat while Jihun got in the passenger seat and Jisung sat in the back. "See you guys in a week at the least then," said Kangmin. "See you," said Taehyun as he waved. Jisung and Jihun waved back as Kangmin started the jeep. After making sure traffic was clear Kangmin moved out of his parking space, driving towards Boston.

 

~



The trip to Boston went smoothly, and Joshua let them stay at the pack house for the duration of their stay. "So you don't have to rent a hotel room," was Joshua's explanation when Kangmin asked if he was sure.

"Man I heard you took down your first faction," said Minho as he sat with Kangmin. "Yeah," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "I think it's been spread around already," he said. "But I know we won't be hearing from Taeseon for a while," he said. "It though," he said. "It practically affected everyone, and though the others are actually doing quite well it ," he said.

"Hey," said Mingyu as he walked over and sat down. "Something good came out of it," he said. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth," he said. "I'm not," said Kangmin. "When are you going to the bank?" Asked Mingyu. "Tomorrow, I'm tired," said Kangmin. "Alright," said Mingyu.

The next day Kangmin headed down to the bank with Jihun and Jisung, bringing all the necessary papers with them to register a new faction. Jisung had Kihyun's information so they were fine. When they got there Joshua was waiting on them and took them up to his office.

"Okay," said Joshua as he sat down at his desk. "Got all the papers?" He asked. "Yeah," said Kangmin as he handed the papers over. Jihun and Jisung handed the papers they had over and Joshua went into the system to put all the information down.

"Okay," said Joshua once he was done. "Now hand over your old pocketwatches," he said. Kangmin, Jihun and Jisung handed them over and Joshua nodded. "You'll get your new ones within a week or so," said Joshua. "What kind of design do you want on it?" He asked. "The letter K," said Kangmin. "For my name," he added. "That is, if everyone's alright with it," he said. "Yeah," said Jihun. "It's your faction Kangmin, go for it," said Jisung. "A K then," said Joshua as he nodded. "We're all done here, good luck with your faction and future missions then," he said. "Thank you," said Kangmin as he stood. He then left with Jihun and Jisung.

"Anyone want anything before we head back?" Asked Kangmin. "I think I'm good," said Jihun. "Same," said Jisung. "We're done here then?" Asked Kangmin. "Pretty much," said Jihun. "We'll head on back then, unless anyone has any objections," said Kangmin. "Nah," said Jihun. Jisung shook his head no. "Let's go then," said Kangmin before he went back to the pack house to pack with Jihun and Jisung.

After packing they headed down to the jeep, with Mingyu coming to say goodbye. "Good luck then," said Mingyu. "Yeah, thanks," said Kangmin. "You too," he said. With that Kangmin got into the jeep after packing everything and Jihun got into the back while Jisung was in the passenger seat. The three of them waved before Kangmin started the jeep and drove off, heading back to Detroit.