Chapter 5

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chorong was meeting up with her old school friends Changsub, Hoya and Jinyoung. Despite not being able to see each other as often anymore due to work and life, the buddies continued to keep in touch and remained there for each other. 

"Hey Chorongie, you seem different," Changsub pointed out and the friends agreed.

The girl in question was sceptical. Was this another practical joke? She decided to play along. "Oh really? In what way?" 

"Mm I'll tell you later," he snickered, "I want to analyse you first. Anything interesting happen in your life recently?"

"Well I changed my hair, clearly. I started buying a different type of apple from the grocery store.." The comment was responded with light chuckles.

She resumed, "The flower shop has been pretty busy lately.. and Yookyung moved to America... and uh, a new-girl-moved-in." Chorong sped up by the end in hopes of the rest not being as important. 

"What was that? Could you repeat that?" questioned Hoya.

"Yookyung moved to America?"

"No, the other bit." They caught her.

"A new girl moved in," Chorong said defeatedly.

"Bingo!" Changsub yelled to the oohs of the boys. 

"What's up with that? How is she? What's she like? Tell us!" The three grinned mischievously. 

"Uh, erm," Chorong stumbled, trying to find her words. That perfect blunder paired with the rosiness in her cheeks told them everything. 

Jinyoung perked up with a goofy smile on his face, "Is she pretty?"

"Oh shut up."

The circle of friends guffawed, with utterances of "That's the Chorongie we know and love!"

Chorong laughed with them, breaking her ice princess facade. "But honestly? Yeah, she's hella pretty and she's taken by Namjoo." 

"Kim Namjoo? Whoa, daebak, didn’t expect that," they buzzed. Chorong shrugged it off, sipping on her ice tea. 

Changsub viewed her suspiciously and revealed a toothy grin. "You don't seem too happy about that." 

"Oh shut it," Chorong smiled, hitting him lightly. Sometimes she enjoyed how they could read her so easily. 

 

~ ★ ~

 

Bomi knocked on the door before entering. The younger strolled over to Chorong who was sitting at a desk chair with pen and paper in hand.

"Unnie~ What are you doing?"

"Just some writing," said Chorong, covering the content of her notebook from Bomi's view. 

"What kind of writing?"

"Poems mostly. But who knows, maybe I'll write a book one day." 

"Ooh, what kind of book would you write?"

"A.. poetry book? I don't know... A novel? A young adult or teenage novel, about school life and other adventures."

"Would you write about love?" Bomi teased. 

"I, um, maybe?" she squeaked.

Bomi's attention turned to Chorong's notebook. "Can I read some of your work? Please please please please please~"

The older woman gave in to her pleading without a fight. "Okay okay, fine."

"Yay!" Bomi celebrated, and Chorong found herself smiling too. 

Her notes were written in parts like fleeting ideas.

 

I still think of you sometimes
When I close my eyes,
I fall into the memories
It still makes my heart flutter

That's it, that's all
You're nothing more than that to me
Just a memory that makes me smile sometimes
Nothing more

 

Bomi hummed, "Wow, this is good."

"You think everything is good."

"But like," Bomi struggled, "this is good!" Bomi wasn't good with words. 

Chorong laughed at the younger's pouting face. 

 

Wherever you go, it'll be the same
Butterflies will only last a moment
You know this, fool
Why do you act like you don't?
If you tried a little harder
It would've been so nice

I'm only nagging
There's no way you can understand me
You struggled with even my smallest expectations
There's no way you would've hugged me

We tried but kept doubting each other
I wanna love again, I wanna turn you around

 

"Whoa, this one is intense."

"Oh, those are about my ex..." Chorong was tempted to snatch the book away.

"Wait, no, one more!"

 

You came to me with the sunlight
You melted me in one try
Your warm eyes, your pretty smile
Everything is familiar to me
If I could see you just once more
If I could meet you just once more
Will there be an answer to this
unbelievable situation?

 

Chorong was looking over Bomi's shoulder and held her breath as Bomi read over the new passage. Little did Bomi know, that one was actually about her. 

The blonde had penned it after their first meeting on that fateful day. It wasn't meant to sound like a love story and Chorong could see why it might be interpreted that way, but that's just how her writing turned out. She just happened to be captivated by Bomi's beauty on a sunlit day and, although she wouldn't outwardly admit it, she did want to see her again, even if it was just to get over the "unbelievable situation". 

The "unbelievable situation" being a certain someone in their birthday suit. 

"Mm, I like th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter