Chapter 9

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What, I can't get up early?" Namjoo frowned. Secretly she was just playing with them. 

"No, it's not just that," Eunji backtracked. "I mean, it just seems like you weren't very surprised about Bomi?" 

"And why did you stop calling her 'unnie' in your story?" Hayoung chimed in.

"Yeah, we noticed that sometimes you don't call her 'unnie'... which is kinda why we thought you were together," Naeun stated further.

Oops.

"That's a habit," she began, to the suspicious eyes of her friends. "We don't really use those terms in my culture. We're used to just calling each other by name. I'd get into some trouble because of that in school," Namjoo laughed, reminiscing. "And Bomi's culture is close to mine... so I kind of see her like a cousin I can talk to like that. Bomi's culture is probably like that too, right?”

Bomi shook her head to say no. "We actually like using those terms and I find them endearing. It's something we've picked up from humans. But you know, I don't mind. I might be your unnie but you're my prot- mmph!"

"Alright, alright!" Namjoo covered Bomi's mouth in front of everyone. "My mistake, unnie."

There was no way she was letting Bomi spill everything she'd worked for. Namjoo wanted to reveal it all herself. Hurrah! The spotlight is mine!

Eyes darted between them, from Namjoo to Bomi and back to Namjoo.

"Who are you?" They looked at her like she had grown a second head. 

The red-head straightened her posture and cleared . She ushered them all to come in closer to hear what she had to say. With a poker face, she said in an aggressive but hushed tone, "I am secret spy force agent number 0419 and it is my mission to protect–"

"Okay Tom Cruise, what is it actually?" Eunji sniggered. Namjoo skimmed the looks on the faces in front of her, some bewildered and some amused. 

"Just kidding! You got me," she giggled. "I'm a fairy~" 

"Oh~" they laughed together in understanding as if what Namjoo just said was more believable than the secret agent thing. "Wait, WHAT."

A smirk pulled at Namjoo's lips as she let sparks fly from her fingertips to prove her point. "A fairy," she reiterated. 

"WHOA!" 

Namjoo was kind of loving it. 

 

 

 

✻ ✻ ✻ ~

 

FAIRY  :  

A mystical human-like being, often depicted as a small person with wings and magical powers, although this is not always the case. It is quite a broad term as there are various kinds of fairies. Some have a fondness for pretty things such as flowers and gemstones. Some are mischievous and like to play tricks on others. 

 

~ ✻ ✻ ✻

 

 

 

Kim Namjoo had been sneaking away in the early hours for a good reason. She was on patrol. There had apparently been reports of disturbances in the forest and working fairies like her, living in the human realm, were told to look for nymphs in their area. Once a nymph was found, the fairy would be assigned as their protector until further notice. 

They were told that the nymphs weren't moving in groups and that they were fleeing in separate ways. They were expected to find the nymphs alone and protect them alone. In phase two, they would act as the nymph's personal guide, helping them adjust to human life with as little problems as possible. 

 

The specks of light in Namjoo's bedroom gravitated and warped into a single point and then enlarged to create a circular screen. A silly face popped into view with a ding dong.

"JOO!"

"Yah! Eunkwang! Quiet down, the girls are asleep," she whispered frustratedly.

The man with high cheekbones nodded, "State your report."

"Nothing. End report."

"Really? There's s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter