Chapter 7

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I have to go meet with Namjoo."

More and more she said a variation of that phrase every time they were together, and every time it would cut Chorong deep. It seemed stupid that the one she loved who brought her the most happiness would inadvertently also be the one to bring her the most pain. 

Something had changed fairly recently, and Bomi was spending more time with Namjoo than before. Chorong wanted to ask where it was that they went, but she knew it was none of her business. Them going on dates was none of her business. 

Chorong was visibly disheartened by it all. 

"Don't worry unnie. I'll be back soon." Bomi misinterpreted the change in her friend, feeling sorry, and hugged her from behind as a means to cheer her up. Chorong's insides clenched at both the words and the arms that s around her stomach.

They stayed like that for a beat; Bomi suddenly realising how bad it was to be on the giving end of the back-hug. Instant regret.

How does Chorong do this? How was she going to get out of this? She couldn't move, completely intoxicated by Chorong. Her smell, her toned stomach, her everything. Bomi's body moved of its own accord in a desire to show affection. If she was ever confused before, there was no doubt in her mind now that she was definitely in love with the older woman.

Meanwhile, Chorong was paralysed. So this was what it was like to be back-hugged by someone you secretly love. Trapped between Bomi and the counter, Chorong agonised, fighting her intense feelings for control. She felt warm, world spinning, heart beating in her ears. She tried to focus her ragged breathing, but Bomi's breaths from behind were driving her borderline insane. 

Then she felt something soft on her neck. The action woke the both of them up. Chorong tensed and Bomi panicked. The younger's arms slid from the blonde's torso in an attempt to run away, but Chorong somehow managed to grab ahold of her without looking. 

"Wait, wait wait wait. Wait." 

Bomi turned around tentatively and Chorong let go. She gathered her thoughts.

"What was that?"

"I kissed you on the neck," straightforward Bomi said without thinking. She cursed at herself. She really had to think before she said anything. A nervous tingling sat in her stomach.

She kissed me on the neck?

Chorong closed her eyes. She couldn't show that she was flustered. 

"Um... why?" she asked slowly. Chorong mentally facepalmed. Stupid, obviously because Bomi loves skinship as friends. It was an innocent kiss.

Bomi's breath caught in . What should she say? Crap. Chorong eyed the girl fidgeting in front of her.

"I.. uh..."

Dammit, she couldn't lie. The older woman would see through that. Bomi came to an impulse decision.

There was no other way than to speak the truth. She never thought it would come to this. She wanted to run away, but that would just make this even weirder. Bomi gave up. 

"I.. I like you."

There, the words came out. The words she agonised over trying to even say out loud. It sounded odd to just end there, but that's what she did. Bom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter