Chapter 16

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dating someone who isn't human, and that person being a nymph? They were called "benevolent" at times, yes, but maybe not too far from manipulation and selfish intent. Things like this only raised more questions.

But inside those very books, Bomi uncovered the pieces on nymphs and broke it down for Chorong. 

It was these days Bomi would spend explaining herself, trying to prove that she wasn't that bad person Chorong imagined her to be. There was only so much she could say though, as it all came down to the fact that no one knew what a nymph's seduction really is. Except Bomi. 

And Bomi could see this would trouble them the most. It's not like she expected Chorong to be completely okay with it from the get-go, but facing their unique issue with this now was really a test of her heart's strength. A test she might only go through for someone she really cares about. And she really cares about Chorong. 

"Unnie, I find you to be beautiful in every way. I'm not sure I even see anyone else the same. Like, it kills me inside to know that you're doubting me," Bomi spoke honestly, hoping to get through to Chorong once more. They've been talking a lot, and bit by bit Chorong was letting out her tentative thoughts. 

Those doubts. 

After hearing just a couple of Bomi's accepting words, Chorong's new bumbling was again stuck in . 

"Before I confessed, I was hoping maybe to get over these feelings," Bomi said. "I see the seduction charm as selfish too. And I don't want that. I want things to be real. I want to share genuine feelings. This isn't a silly thing to me."

 

Loving her. Doubting her.

 

Romantically or not, Bomi still meant a lot to Chorong. It was honestly crushing her that she still found it difficult to accept a part of who the woman was. 

Treasuring the smiles and hugs directed towards her. Imagining having something more in her dreams. And the idea of Namjoo and Bomi had haunted her days. 

Perhaps with all this, she was losing her focus on how Bomi liked her back. Chorong was dancing around the topic of what that means, and what Bomi's confessions mean. 

It was a spark of hope. Everything else gave off that spark of hope. Her friends, her reflections. Even Bomi. These feelings, were impossible to ignore. But how can you possibly prove that your feelings aren't being fabricated?

Maybe that wasn't something possible at all. 

 

~★~

 

After packing up from their respective shifts one day, Bomi dragged her favourite unnie after work to a restaurant she had been wanting to try out. It was becoming a bit more usual for her to suggest them to go places now, and Chorong didn't often decline. 

They talked and enjoyed their food, thinking on new plans and things they might do for the next weekend. Though they were grinning at the warm ideas, their chemistry remained a tad quieter than they would like. Because of that topic. 

Chorong was still conflicted and Bomi sighed, contemplating. Her fingers pressed together, looking serious, Bomi spoke up. 

"Unnie, should I show you how it actually works, on another person?"

Chorong blinked, looking right into Bomi's pained eyes. The blonde filled with concern, not fully collecting what Bomi just said and what it meant. "On another person?"

Bomi nodded. "You can judge it better that way, if you watch me seduce someone that isn't you."

"Seduce? Hang on, wait, what? Wait, wait." Chorong's breath rose in , the suggestio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter