Chapter 14

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chorong let herself go tipsy, feeling safe enough with Changsub to bring her home. She didn't often drink, so she must be really going through something for her to do that. 

The fact that Changsub would let her do that though, had Bomi a little on edge. 

Bomi was on the other side of the door and opened it for them before anyone could press the doorbell. Crossed arms, tight-lipped, she stood unsure what to make of Chorong's friend. 

Changsub was essentially an outsider to Bomi. Someone outside of the family she's made, who she hasn't really been introduced to. Bomi was just staring him down, kind of shy to do anything else. 

Changsub rubbed his palms together, a bit unsure to return the look, and instead patted a hand to his friend's shoulder. "Remember what we said. It's your game, Chorong-ah." 

The blonde who found her way inside the house nodded to him with a lazy smile.

"Game?" Bomi murmured, being right next to them. 

Startled when Changsub directly nodded at her, Bomi wondered if there was a disapproval in that sentiment. She hadn't exactly made it a friendly moment for them, and Changsub seemed to watch her with caution too. 

Upon his leave, Bomi had realised the tension in her shoulders watching after him. Jealous. Indignant. Unfair. 

Chorong was being unfair. Avoiding Bomi, not talking to her, having a problem with her unlike everyone else in this house. Spending more time with a friend like Changsub instead. Who even is Changsub?

Who is he to you, Rong unnie? And who am I to you?

But the angry bird easily faltered. The words didn't come out. If Chorong really does have a problem with her, that hurts more than anything. 

No, we can do this. Try again.

Looking back to Chorong, the blonde still seemed to have half a mind, getting herself a glass of water from the kitchen. 

Bomi plucked her courage, fingertips itching and stepped toward Chorong. Unfair, unfair, unfair.

"Unnie, can we talk? Let's talk."

"Mm..." the blonde walked away. 

Bomi inwardly panicked with that response. 

"Please!" 

Two seconds and Bomi already skipped ahead. She already had Chorong trapped. 

In her arms. 

The very cuteness of a hug that prevented Chorong from releasing any inebriated hapkido, unprepared for Bomi's charms. 

"Y-Yes?" Chorong said lifelessly.

"Don't," Bomi again mustered up the courage through a whisper, "Don't turn around, okay?"

"O-kay?" the blonde realised nervously. "Then I won't, but why Bbom-ah?"

"I want to tell you something, like this."

They breathed in silence, caught in the quiet living room, in a situation that mirrored moments they've shared many times before. 

And Chorong's eyes widened with what she was hearing; the awareness of Bomi's arms around her growing warmer than ever. 

"Please accept my heart, unnie.. I like you."

It was the second time Bomi would utter such words, and too quickly did it make Chorong's weapons burst out in defence.

"D-Don't.. wait!" Chorong broke away in a panic. 

"I really do," Bomi tried again, not letting herself down from how Chorong tore away. "You think I would say that if I don't like you?"

Chor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter