Chapter 10

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hayoung-ah, Naeun unnie, you're saying you both knew about Bomi being a nymph?" Namjoo interrogated in shock.

The two women in question were still glancing at each other nervously. 

"Yeah..." Naeun admitted it for the both of them. 

"But... how??" 

She opened but no words came out. A part of her resisted. Witnessing Bomi and Namjoo share their secrets was encouraging to say the least. The unveiling of truths was contagious and she wanted to be unapologetically herself at home too, where she had been hiding it.

Naeun's boldness had surprised herself, but now she was upset about something else. Why couldn't she just say it? Was this really something she should be telling them? Deep down, she knew the girls wouldn't harm them or love them any less for who they were. 

Hayoung nudged her partner. "Unnie, it's no use. We have to tell them."

"Wait, what??" Namjoo was so confused. 

"Jesus, guys! We're right here!" Eunji pointed out. 

Hayoung had started it with her slip-up, but Naeun had kept it going, and now they were in this sticky situation. It suddenly registered in her mind that she hadn't asked the youngest for permission either. She pretty much forced her to go along with it, in a way that was selfish. The pressure was getting to her. She was getting stressed. 

Oh god, not now.

They were alarmed when the quiet woman turned away from them shaking, breathing unstable. With her spiralling thoughts, Naeun felt the world close in on her and her vision darken around the edges. White spots appeared in her line of sight and her head went cold. She was going to faint. 

Someone grabbed onto her.

"Naeun unnie, look at me."

She felt dizzy and light-headed.

"Look at me," Hayoung repeated. A soft pair of hands held Naeun's face.

"It's okay, we're at home. It's just us... Everything is going to be alright. Everything is going to be fine," the maknae said like a mantra, keeping the older woman trained on the present moment. 

After a few painstaking minutes, Naeun's breathing stabilised. She had been brought back. Naeun tiredly closed her eyes and rested into the younger girl, foreheads touching. 

Everyone had been holding their breaths. They were utterly speechless. 

It was known that Naeun and Hayoung were close, but they didn't know it was to the point of sharing some big secret. Also, what the hell was that?? They were curious but didn't want to push it after seeing what Naeun went through. 

"It-It's okay, you don't have to tell us now," Chorong compromised, but her words fell on deaf ears. The two were evidently in a world of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter