Chapter 3

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lunch went by smoothly. Well, Bomi paled at payment time despite Chorong paying for their meal. Not sure what that was all about.

"I freaked a little, okay?"

"But why? What happened?"

"I just remembered I don't have money! I don't have a job, Namjoo!"

"Arhh, cheese sticks! We'll have to think about that."

The secretive duo had parted from the group after lunch, leaving Chorong and Eunji to deliver the lunch they picked up for Naeun. By the time they got back, Yookyung had taken over shop duty for the afternoon. 

Chorong decided to get things organised before everybody scattered again. 

"Alright," she voiced out, "Who's going to be here for dinner today?"

"Me!" They heard a shout from next door. That would be Yookyung.

"Same here!" said Naeun on her way up the stairs. 

Chorong looked at Eunji who was on her phone. She shrugged, meeting Chorong's eyes, "I'm not going anywhere."

Ding, Eunji's phone sounded. 

Namjoo: Yea we'll be there!

Naeun popped back into view from the staircase, "Hayoung should be coming back from her parents' later this evening." 

"Oh, yeah, that's right. Thanks Naeun-ah."

Naeun smiled before disappearing upstairs again. 

"I guess that makes everybody," Chorong lightly expressed.

"And Bomi," Eunji added.

"And Bomi."

 

~ ★ ~

 

The day began a little unusually for Chorong, but everything seemed to fall back into place again as time swept by and she found herself working her magic in the kitchen. The girls in the house closed up the flower shop and prepared what would be a big dinner. All six of them together and having a guest over made it a bit more exciting. It was kind of like bringing over someone special to meet your family.  

 

"Where were you three earlier today? I didn't see you," Bomi said nonchalantly with a mouthful of rice.

"Oh, um." The girls looked at each other upon receiving such a forward question.

"I hung out with a friend–" 

"You guys know how my family is–"

Naeun and Yookyung had spoken at the same time and were met with giggles. Hayoung waited her turn.

She explained, "I was staying with my parents for the weekend. Tomorrow I go to school–"

"School? You're... younger??" Bomi's eyes went comically round. 

"–which is why I'm here," Hayoung continued with a smirk. "Yeah, I'm the maknae and I live here to be closer to school. Need to get enough sleep bro."

"..Bro?" Bomi repeated to herself.

"She's still unnie to you, Hayoung-ah," Chorong warned before turning to Bomi and feeling her strong demeanour shrink a little in front of the beautiful woman. "Sorry Bomi-ssi. Um, you know, you can just, ignore her."

 

When the attention of the conversation was diverted, Namjoo kicked Bomi under the table. 

"Don't just say anything you want!" she mouthed, eyebrows furrowed.

"I thought I was supposed to be getting to know them!"

"Well, that was a strange question! Who asks that?"

"I just did!"

 

Yoon Bomi was a bit of an oddball, though she brought an assortment of laughter to the evening. Her character was easily the social kind, fitting in well with Eunji and Namjoo, and yet she was mysterious. Or maybe that was just how it seemed to Chorong. 

After dinner, Namjoo and Bomi left again. It was only the girls' first time meeting Bomi, but it was clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter