Eight

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight

“Hyun?” Seulgi smiles as she sees her wife’s face on FaceTime. 

 

“What time is it there?” Joohyun smiles back at Seulgi. “You look tired.” 

 

“It’s almost four in the morning here. I just went home. I had too much paperworks to do. Minhyuk-oppa gives me whatever he doesn’t like doing.” Seulgi yawns like a bear. 

 

“Get some sleep, Seul. We can talk when you’re not tired. I’ll wait.” 

 

“Nooooo!” Seulgi pouts. She is tired but not talking to her wife before she sleeps is worse. “What did you do today?” 

 

“I just did some photoshoots and I met up with Taeyeon-unnie for lunch. I’m almost done here.”

 

Seulgi just stares at Joohyun. “I miss you.” She touches her wife’s face on the screen with her fingers. “God, I miss you.” 

 

“I’ll be there soon.” 

 

“Save my kisses, okay?” 

 

“I will.” 

 

——

Joohyun pushed her schedules so she can spend their first month of marriage together. Being the face of her father’s company is really a big thing for her. Her sister, Taeyeon, already got the corporate responsibilities. And this is the only thing she is tasked to do. If it weren’t for Seulgi’s investment, she’s rather useless to the company. 

 

Here she is, fumbling for the keys Seulgi gave her last time. It’s the dead of the night and she does not know if Seulgi noticed she hasn’t sent any message for the past fifteen hours. Though she already told Seulgi she has some important appointments, she still doesn’t want her wife to suspect. 

 

As she goes inside the house, she sees Seulgi slumped onto the couch. She really doesn’t get why her wife sleeps there. She’s seen Seulgi’s room and it’s spacious. So it’s a mystery to her why her wife does this all the time. 

 

She sits hugging her knees, her head is levelled to Seulgi’s sleeping form. She longed to see this face and she caresses it gently. She thanks all the universe who conspired so she can marry this wonderful person in front of her. She tucks Seulgi’s locks just like last time. “What did I even do to deserve you?” She whispers. 

 

Suddenly, Seulgi’s phone from the table rings. She just squirms. And as she half opens her half-lidded eyes, she sees a blurry image of her wife. She squints. This must not be true. She knows sometimes she sees Joohyun even when she’s not around. Her brother told her it’s just because she’s lovesick. 

 

She smiles at the image and slaps it like she always does. But this one doesn’t disappear. Instead, this blurry image of her wife shouts.

 

“Yah! Kang Seulgi!” Joohyun is dumbfounded. She stands abruptly because she’s just taken aback from the gesture. This isn’t what she expected to get after planning this surprise. 

 

Seulgi sits up. When she’s gathered her composure, she realizes what she did. She just slapped Joohyun hard in the face. She chuckles loudly, now she noticed her phone stopped ringing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter