Twelve

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twelve

There isn’t too much on Joohyun’s hands since the company is ran by her older sister Taeyeon. Not much has been happening to their company after the Oks have signed an investment proposal which really angered Seulgi. But Joohyun knows how stern her sister can be with these connections. To their family, business is purely business. And as she thinks of it, it just had been business with her and Taecyeon.

Marriage wasn’t so easy for the newlyweds. They have their fair share of arguments where the clear upper hand belongs to the older wife. There was this one instance where Joohyun would insist on making Seulgi eat vegetables and for some reason, the whole fiasco took them two days to fix. And included an apology from Seulgi, who ate a broccoli bouquet in front of Joohyun.

“That isn’t even cooked.” Joohyun says as she laughs at the peace offering gesture. It surely wasn’t in her prejudice that Seulgi would do that in the first place. She never thought that the airline mogul would be this low just to make her laugh.

“There you go, you laughed!” Seulgi showed a toothy grin. It was the first smile since they fought for not eating the vegetable stew her wife had cooked her two days ago. They’re almost three months together and she’s still amazed on what else her wife would share with her.

“Well, it was worth the two days of ignoring you.” Joohyun takes the broccoli bouquet from her beau’s hands. “We still need to cook this so I can see your sincere apology when you eat what I cook with this.” She says with more of challenge in her tone.

“I thought making you laugh was enough!?” Seulgi utters in protest. This isn’t clearly what she and Joy planned about.

“Don’t worry, I’ll put lots of beef in it.” Joohyun chimes in consideration.

“You know, I thought being relocated here would be so much easier since I don’t have my father and my brother to nag me with the company responsibilities. When my mom died, we rarely set foot in South Korea unless there was an important business to attend to.” Seulgi shared as if it was a window she opens for Joohyun. These days, she’s becoming more and more comfortable with the thought of them being alone together. She doesn’t know much people in here because she spent most of her childhood in New York. And she spent a hell of a time being heartbroken by Soojung throughout the years. As she recalls, she didn’t spend a lot of time with anyone else. She would always be Soojung’s one-call-away-buddy. It kind of helped her be distracted to cope up with her mother’s death.

“If it isn’t overstepping, may I know how your mom died?” Joohyun is chopping the vegetables. She thinks Seulgi is being more comfortable with her presence. They’ve grown this close from being strangers who suddenly got married. She likes this part of Seulgi, she supposes.

“It’s fine. I’m already over it.” Seulgi dismisses the doubt in Joohyun’s question. “She died because of cancer. I was pretty close to her.” She continues.

“What was she like?” Joohyun asks.

“My mom? She’s really passionate about her paintings. She’s warm and kind.” Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter