Five

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five

“Did you take Joohyun to the airport?” Minhyuk asks his sister with a look of concern. His sister rarely slacks when it comes to working. Seulgi is never late, but now she is.

“I did. I almost made her late because I didn’t want to let her go.” Seulgi admits shyly. This meeting is getting too personal than simply relaying statistical reports to her brother. Not that they are formal with each other when they have meetings with only the two of them. She’s just not used to talking about any girl other than Soojung with her brother.

“I thought this is just pretend?” Minhyuk tries to pry as to why his sister is acting this way. His brows are furrowed in curiosity. He knows Seulgi wouldn’t be able to keep that secret from him. That’s why he talked to her before they went off from the family dinner last time.

“I don’t know, oppa. We’ve only spent a week together but I feel like I’m forgetting Soojung.” Seulgi says as she fakes reading the reports. She cannot bring herself to look into her brother’s eyes.

“Seul, you need to stop this or you’ll get hurt again.” Minhyuk is only concerned for his sister. After a few silent pauses, he starts to talk again. “Did you know that Joohyun’s runaway groom was the one who married Soojung?”

Seulgi looks at her brother’s eyes in shock. This has gone more complicated than she expected it to be. “Are you serious? How did you know?” She asks, not caring if the tone of her voice was somehow disrespectful.

“Do you still love Soojung?” Minhyuk’s face is as stern as a rock. He’s not going to tell his sister how he got that information. It doesn’t matter anyway. He had his ways.

“I don’t know,” Seulgi confesses. She’s not sure if it’s just the loneliness is being canceled out with Joohyun’s presence or if it is something else.

“Break off things with Joohyun or you’ll only get hurt in the process.” Minhyuk tries to warn his sister. To him, things aren’t looking good with all the hitches in the way. He just wants to protect his little sister from getting hurt again.

——

Joohyun feels like the kiss she gave Seulgi is a little too hasty. In the seven days they spent together, Seulgi was nothing but a good companion. She remembers how thoughtful and gentlewoman Seulgi was. Somehow, she feels the weight in her heart that she needed to go back to Korea and be away from her pretend-wife.

It was as if one moment she was still in love with Taecyeon, and then Seulgi comes into the picture and takes all those away. Yes, she was in love with Taecyeon once but with Seulgi, it’s different.

Is it this easy to fall in love with someone? Is it possible to fall in love with someone this fast? She asks herself what this new feeling is. Is she misunderstanding herself?

But seeing Seulgi get violent when they were in the car says it all. Seulgi is still in love with Soojung and Joohyun understands.

After all, they’re just pretending.

It seems like she’s going to get hurt but she cannot deny that the feeling is getting stronger each time. She remembers how Seulgi held her when they went ice skating at Rockefeller Center.

“Have you tried ice skating before?” Seulgi asks as they were on the observation deck. To her, the night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter