Six

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six

“Bae Joohyun!” Taeyeon shouts to get her younger sister’s attention.

Joohyun knows her older sister only calls her full name when she’s done something wrong. “Unnie.” She replies back quietly.

“When did you even start to see that Kang Seulgi? Did you even date at all? I heard your bastard of a groom married someone else.” Taeyeon is really furious. She demands answers as she crosses her arms over her chest.

“Stop badgering your sister, Taeyeon. The Kangs are going to invest in our company. And that is what matters. Seulgi will be here next here to sign the papers herself.” Their dad stops them from getting into a huge fight. “Maybe Joohyun can introduce her to us formally too?”

 “Yes, dad.” Joohyun is glad her dad saved her from her sister’s wrath this time.

——

“Joohyun!” Taecyeon grabs Joohyun’s wrist mindlessly.

Joohyun hates the fact that she needed to attend this party. She definitely expected to see Taecyeon. But what can she do? She has to be here. It’s a party for conglomerates, after all. For sure, she would see Taecyeon’s wife as well. She wanted to make a counter-attack to that by showing off Seulgi, but she cannot. She secretly wishes Seulgi is already here so she wouldn’t feel a little too jumpy about it. Her wife is set to fly to Korea in three days because of things at work. So, she has to face this alone.

“Let me go!” Joohyun tries to escape from the gripping hand on her wrist.

“Let’s talk,” Taecyeon says in a serious tone.

“We have nothing to talk about. Let go! You are hurting me.” Joohyun still struggles to take her arm back.

“She said, let go. Are you deaf?” Seulgi then emerges from the crowd. She pushes the man hard in the chest as a warning.

“Seulgi?” Joohyun did not exactly identify her wife right away. The ambiance and lighting of the place they are in are not exactly helpful.

Taecyeon is still not budging. “Who are you?” He asks.

“Let go of my wife’s hand or I’ll report you for harassment.” Seulgi takes Joohyun’s hand away from Taecyeon. “Does it hurt?” She cups Joohyun’s face with both of her hands. She tries to find if something is wrong with her wife.

Joohyun could just hug at the sight of Seulgi. No words are needed. Seulgi saved her again.

“Oh, there you are! I’ve been looking all over this place for you!” Soojung says as she goes to Taecyeon’s side. She sees a familiar silhouette in front of them. “Seulgi?” She calls out.

Seulgi pulls a little from her wife’s embrace but not completely taking Joohyun’s arms around her. “Soojung, tell your husband not to flirt with my wife or I will end the both of you.” Her eyes are full of angered passion, shifting gazes from Soojung and Taecyeon.

Joohyun looks at Taecyeon and pieces the puzzle together. The person Taecyeon chose to marry is none other than Seulgi’s ex-girlfriend.

“Seulgi, I don’t understand.” Soojung tries to take Seulgi’s arm but the latter just flinches away.

“Why don’t you ask your husband then? I don’t have time to explain.” Seulgi grits her teeth and takes Joohyun’s hand as they storm off the scene.

When they were in the parking, Seulgi still doesn’t take her hold off of Joohyun’s hand. “Less than a week without me, and you get into trouble like this? This is not working. We should always be together then. I’m requesting my dad to let me work here in Seoul.

“You knew?” Joohyun asks in her quietest voice as she looks down on the pavement.

“What about?” Seulgi asks even if she knew.

“Taecyeon and Soojung?” Joohyun is skeptic to even ask but she needs to know.

“Only recently. But not before I agreed to marry you. So please don’t misunders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter