Three

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three

Joohyun is skeptical. She still cannot believe the fact that the stranger she married is someone big, someone who owned an airline. She wasn’t expecting much, really. She is just thankful that it was Seulgi who approached her then or else, she would have ended up with someone with bad intentions. 

Now, she looks at the tall woman who agreed to marry her in an instant. Too cool-looking in those Ray-Ban sunglasses while taking her luggage. Yes, Joohyun’s own luggage as Seulgi offered to carry it.

Can she ask for more? Joohyun already wished it was Seulgi she first met instead of her runaway groom. Maybe, just maybe, these similarities between Seulgi and Taecyeon would prove her attraction otherwise.

After all, they’re just pretending.

“What would you want to do first?” Seulgi asks Joohyun as both of them were already seated inside her car. “Go meet my family or go to my place?” She turns the car’s ignition on and checks if the temperature is okay. She noticed how Joohyun was sensitive to cold in the flight. She even requested the stewardess to give her pretend-wife a blanket.

“What will you tell your family?” Joohyun asks Seulgi. She is nervous about this. If she knew, she would have asked anyone else. Anyone who isn’t too big like the Kangs who own an airline. She is beginning to realize that Seulgi is definitely out of her league.

Seulgi starts to back her car from the parking lot with ease before replying to Joohyun. “I’ll tell tem we’re married and we’ll start to live together. Simple as that.”

“Woah, what a plan!” Joohyun exclaims as she noticed how coolly Seulgi said that. To be honest, she still hasn’t thought about how she’d talk to her parents about this. “But I might have to go back to Korea after a week. I kind of have some work to do.” She says to inform her pretend-wife.

“How will we do this?” Seulgi thinks hard as she waits for the traffic light to go green. “I don’t actually have a place in Seoul too.” They haven’t gotten far with conversations on their pretend-marriage arrangement yet.

“I do. Maybe we can juggle going here and Seoul? I’d still need to properly introduce you too to my parents if that’s okay with you.” Joohyun suggests.

“You know, I’m kind of liking this setup of ours. This marriage is beneficial to both of us, don’t you agree? Chaebol life isn’t always good especially when it includes parents nagging you to marry.” Seulgi rants.

“I agree with you on that one. With our age, they start to nag about getting grandchildren.” Joohyun chimes. It is nice to rant about her frustrations with someone in the same boat. It’s not easy being a business mogul’s daughter.

“I have my older brother to worry about that first. So, we’re safe.” Seulgi chuckles at the thought. She feels relieved that she can be free to talk about her sentiments with someone now that Soojung is married.

“Fine, let’s meet your family.” Joohyun remembers the root of this conversation. For the few hours she spent with Seulgi, she knows they can hop from one topic to another. Like there is no silver lining on how deep or how shallow they’re onto. She acknowledges that this is a good thing.

——

Seulgi told her brother she would be bringing a plus one to their family dinner tonight. She just hopes they would take her announcement in a good light.

She takes Joohyun’s hand before knocking on the door. Her pretend-wife seems more nervous than she is. “Let’s just act sweet like a real married couple.” She gives Joohyun an encouraging nod.

“Sure.” Joohyun’s hand grips Seulgi’s tighter. She tries to force a smile at her wife despite her jitters.

As the door opens, a tall man who looks exactly like Seulgi ushered them in. Joohyun noticed how big the house is. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter