One

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One

“Speak now or forever hold your peace.” The wedding officiant had said.

Seulgi takes a deep breath. She is ready to fight for the love of her life. She takes one last look at the bride just to make sure. But alas, she regrets even looking. There, on the stage, is her love swooning while looking dearly at the groom.

How can she ruin this wedding? Surely, not when the bride is already happy where she’s at. And that is somewhere not beside Seulgi.

Seulgi was supposed to ruin this wedding. She was supposed to fight for the love of her life and this is her only chance. She stands abruptly, but the words from would not dare escape. She looks around and all eyes are fixed on her. But of all those stares, only Soojung’s mattered. Without wasting one more second in her ex’s wedding, she breaks eye contact and walks towards the venue’s exit.  

And forever she will hold her peace.

She tries to calm herself that maybe it’s all for the best: making Soojung happy. She takes one last look at the function hall where she went from, and it sounds like they’re already at the ‘you may kiss the bride’ part of the wedding.

She hears someone crying at the end of the garden wishing well. A woman who is dressed as a bride, wipes the tears from her face. It seems like she isn’t the one getting the saddest person award in this wedding venue after all.

Seulgi walks up in front of the lady and offers her a handkerchief from her pocket. “You look like you need it more than I do.” She offers the lady a shy smile out of pity. But before she can take three steps after she turned away, she feels a tug on her wrist.

“Will you marry me?”

Seulgi is dumbfounded as she looks at the lady’s puffy eyes. Never in her twenty-six years of existence has she heard anything crazier than this. Those orbs seem too desperate to her. No, those orbs are the most enticing pair she has seen in her life. She can feel the level of desperation with how deep the nails are digging into her wrist.

Seulgi knows that if she didn’t chicken out minutes before this, she would have the same look in her eyes. Maybe she just feels sympathy with the lady and without thinking she says, “Yes.”

Those digging fingers on her wrist are no more. Instead, she feels the softest hand she has ever held in her life slip into hers.

The lady holds onto Seulgi tightly like she’s being held captive as they walk towards the opposite wedding hall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter