Ten

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten

Breakfast is awkward. Seulgi seems fine with everything but the two other women in the room feel otherwise. She even asked Sooyoung to join breakfast. And Sooyoung being Sooyoung, would not be able to decline because food is lifer than shame. 

 

Joohyun offered to cook. That way, she would be able to distract herself from what just happened earlier. “Uhm, Joy. How do you want your eggs?” She asks as she stammers. She still cannot look straight at Sooyoung. 

 

“Sunny-side up.” Sooyoung answers timidly. 

 

Just then, Seulgi stands from her seat at the table and goes toward Joohyun. She wraps her arms around her wife’s waist and puts her chin onto her wife’s shoulder. “I know how you like your eggs.” She whispers in her wife’s ear. After a short pause, she says, “Fertilized.” 

 

“Damn you, Kang Seulgi!” Joohyun doesn’t mean to shout. But Seulgi has gotten naughty overnight. Where is the sweet wife she knows? 

 

“Boss, I should really go.” Sooyoung really feels uncomfortable. She hasn’t seen Seulgi like this before. Even when she was with Soojung. She knew Seulgi was careful. But this version of her long-time employer is not found in her system. What in the world is this?

 

Seulgi takes her hands off of her wife and turns to see Sooyoung. “What about your eggs?” 

 

“Seulgi!” Joohyun grumbles. Now that she realizes the remark pertains to the eggs she’s cooking and not the other meaning it implies. She thought Seulgi was hitting on Sooyoung. 

 

“Mrs. Kang. It’s really fine. I should go back to the office and reschedule my boss’s meetings.” Sooyoung stands abruptly and bows. Her heels are clacking against the floor. 

 

After five minutes, Seulgi’s phone rings. “Hey, Sooyoung!” 

 

“I’ll never respect you as my boss again! I’m resigning, er!” Sooyoung shouts at the end of the line.

 

“You don’t mean that.” Seulgi looks at Joohyun, who is already preparing the table. She chuckles.

 

“Tell you, what. I’ll give you a raise and you’ll forget what you saw.” Seulgi says. She knows how to tame her secretary.

 

“Deal.” Sooyoung replies faster than lightning. Also, she didn’t really mean resigning. 

 

The phone call ended as Seulgi devours the food in front of her. 

 

“So,” Joohyun starts. “Are we going out? Or are we staying in?” She really doesn’t know what to make of it. They still have unfinished business in bed. 

 

“We’re going out.” Seulgi gulps from her glass of orange juice. 

 

Joohyun is disappointed. But there’s still this night to look forward to. “Fine.” She just says nonchalantly and goes to her room. She needs dress up. 

——

“Hyun, did it ever occur to you that you still wear your ex’s engagement ring?” Seulgi asks. They were walking along the streets of Time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter