Two

Out of the Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

Seulgi is starting to think that what she did was irrational. It was reckless even. Was it because she felt pity? Or was it because she felt she needed some distraction after failing her mission to win Soojung back? Either way, what’s done is already done. She might need to tell her lawyers about this. For all she knows, this lady, who became her wife a couple of hours ago, would get more alimony from her when they divorce.

“I’ll be on a flight to New York in three hours.” Seulgi says as she checks her watch. “Do you want to go with me?” She asks her wife.

“Yes,” Joohyun answers without a doubt. She needs the space. Right now, she’s not ready to answer questions, most importantly the ones from her family. She does not want them to ask where the hell Ok Taecyeon is and why she married someone else.

“Get your stuff and change into more comfortable clothes. I’ll meet you by the airport. Please don’t forget to bring my handkerchief. It’s one of my favorites.” Seulgi gives Joohyun her business card. “Call me when you get there.” She abruptly heads out of the room.

Joohyun is unsure if this happened for real. Of course, she wouldn’t just marry any stranger. But this Kang Seulgi acted like a knight in shining armor from the moment the stranger gave her the handkerchief. This stranger saved her from the shame of having a runaway groom.

It was a crazy idea, asking a stranger to marry her. But Joohyun is certain that the stranger is even crazier than her for agreeing to marry her. She looks at the business card in her hand and agrees that Seulgi is full of mystery. It only says Kang Seulgi at the front and the number on the back in delicate silver linings.

——

Joohyun tries calling Seulgi the moment she stepped foot inside the airport. There was no answer, but a few minutes later, she receives a message with an electronic flight ticket attached to it.

I’m running a little late. Board the plane. I’ll be there.

As she sits on the seat assigned for her, Joohyun notices how empty the first-class cabin is. Seulgi is still nowhere to be found. It is a good thing that the flight is delayed because of some technical difficulty which was relayed by the captain.

A few minutes later, Seulgi sits beside her panting and says, “Sorry, I underestimated traffic in Seoul.”

The cabin crew, including the pilots, have gathered in front of them. Joohyun is sure she is missing something. Why would the whole crew be here?

“Miss Kang, it is an honor to serve you on this flight.” The first captain says.

“I caused too much ruckus, didn’t I? I was late and you still waited for me for thirty-three minutes. Please don’t do this again. But thanks.” Seulgi says in a business-like tone.

After finishing with the exchange of pleasantries, everyone carried on with their respective work. Only a stewardess named Yooah stayed to tend to them.

“Do you need anything, Miss Kang?” The flight attendant asks with a plastered smile on her face.

“Joohyun, would you like some champagne? We’d have a lot to talk about.” Seulgi looks at Joohyun for approval.

“Sure.” Joohyun still couldn’t piece it together. The entire exchange with the captain didn’t give her much. No, not just yet.

“Two glasses of champagne, please?” Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter