I'm Sorry

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Because I know if you meet Eunbi this thing will happen again.” She paused. “The reason why it keeps repeating over and over again is…because you keep falling for her, every single time.”

Sojung froze in disbelief. Why she couldn’t remember any of it? She didn’t understand.

Eunbi who tried to open the door to know what happens with the older girl had given up and decided to sit down with her back against the door. She was hoping when everything is over, Sojung can tell her what was going on. There was droplets’ sound on the roof. It was raining all of sudden. She checked Sojung in a glance to make sure that she still stood under the roof and get back to her original position soon as she knew that she’s sheltered.

“How couldn’t I remember a thing about it?” Sojung asked.

“That’s cause I erased your memory after you came back. That’s the procedure.” She answered.

2023

Mrs. Park was hesitant whether to tell Sojung the whole story from the beginning and how does everything work or not. She was afraid she gave too much information to Sojung. Something that might push her will to keep Eunbi safe. But she ran out of time. ‘This is gonna be so hard for you. I’m sorry.’

“Look Sojung, I will tell you everything from the beginning. So, listen to me carefully. I don’t have much time so, I’ll explain it quickly. I know you’re smart enough to understand.” She said. 'This will be better'

“I’m listening.” Sojung said.

“First, I think you should know who I really am.” she started. “Me and my husband, we’re not just running a laundry place. It’s actually a disguise as most of ‘secret organizations’ do.” She said. “Ever wonder why is your salary so big for such a place? Yes, that’s because we’re actually not running an ordinary laundry place but we’re a part of a big organization where we send people to go back to the past and study them. The problem is some time ago, two of our agents got involved in a conflict where one of them accidentally bring something they shouldn’t bring from the past. The pouch that I gave you.”

Sojung grabbed the pouch that she has been keeping inside the pocket of her coat since Eunbi’s accident.

“So, you were indeed involved.”

“What do you mean?”

“Eunbi told me, Minsoo’s mother was robbed and stabbed the month before. She can’t even remember anything.” Explained Sojung. She was holding the anger that suddenly came to her.

“I never involved in such thing, Sojung. Like I said, two of our agents did that and one of them erased her memory because she found out that they are from the future.” Defended Mrs. Park. “But I know, that was a really bad thing and a big mistake, that’s why we wanted to fix it. The thing is because they made her hurt and even erased her memory, we can’t go back to that time to prevent it. So, we have to find the alternative time to fix it. That’s how you ended up where you are right now.

And I have to warn you that you don’t have much time because time travel is not something that you imagine where you can just be whenever you want to be without consequences. You can’t just go back to the exact time you leave. There’s this time gap when as you traveled back. For example, if you spent 3 hours in the past then you will be back 1 minutes more from the time when you leave in your actual present time. The longer you there the longer the gap. The longer the gap, the worst it is to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter