Sojung II

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung had the dinner at Eunbi’s place and decided to stay there because she didn’t have any place to go. She cancelled her plan on seeing Mrs. Park. That night in the guest room where she stayed, rather than thinking about how she could end up in another universe, she couldn’t stop thinking about the diary. She wondered if this world’s Eunbi and Sojung had gone through similar things or not, but if Eunbi was alive in her own world in 2023, would their story be the same?

‘Will Eunbi feel the way she feels just like what she wrote it in her diary? Will I give up on her?’

 She turned her body around and changed her position on the bed.

She tried to close her eyes.

‘who is that guy?’

She suddenly remembered about the guy in the diary. She quickly brushed him off of her head as she thought that he was not important to think about right now. She was somehow so tired, she fell asleep. When she woke up, she saw Eunbi already in the kitchen pulling out a glass from her shelves and filled it with water. She didn’t realize Sojung was up until Sojung got pretty close to her. Eunbi offered her a water and the taller girl said yes. They both sat at the dining table for a while.

“Did you continue reading the diary?” Sojung asked.

Eunbi was silent for a while before she gave Sojung a little nod.

Sojung thought that she must wanted to know about everything too and that she would read it. She actually wanted Eunbi to do it, because there was only one Eunbi and she deserved to know what was happening. She was so curious. There was this impulse to ask Eunbi but she thought it was not a good idea. So, she didn’t say anything after that. Instead, she excused herself to go to the bathroom to wash her face.

When Sojung finished washing her face and about to come out of the bathroom, she heard the bell rang and Eunbi opened the door. Sojung didn’t know why but she thought that it was better for her to stay inside so she closed back the door leaving just a little space for her to hear the conversation.

“Oh.” Eunbi was surprised.

“Hey.” Said someone on the opposite of Eunbi. “I heard you didn’t go to work because you’re sick. So, I came to bring you something to eat.”

It was Sojung from this universe.

Eunbi thanked Sojung and let her in. Sojung put the food she brought with her on the table. She then moved closer to Eunbi and put her hand on the older woman’s forehead to check her temperature. Eunbi flinched but then let the younger girl touched her forehead.

“Your temperature seems okay.”

“I’m fine.” Eunbi said. She looked away from Sojung.

“You should call me if you need anything. You still have my number, right?”

“I’m fine.” Eunbi answered again. She pulled a chair and sat. Sojung also did the same after that.

They sat facing each other. Sojung opened the food she brought and gave it to Eunbi. She opened another wrapping for her. Eunbi looked at the food for a while. Then the thought of the other Sojung in the bathroom came to her mind. She thought she couldn’t just have a breakfast with this Sojung and left out the other Sojung. She looked at the bathroom’s door.

“What is it?” the Sojung in front of her realize Eunbi was looking somewhere and being quite uneasy. She also looked at the same direction as the older woman.

“Nothing.” Eunbi quickly shifted her gaze to the food. She wanted to say something but she couldn’t find anything to make the other Sojung leave without being weird or hurting her feeling. “Did you bring two portions of meal to have a breakfast here with me?”

“Yes. Because I thought if I just bought you food there’s no guarantee that you will eat it. I just want to make sure that you eat it.” Sojung answered. “Besides, I thought that it would be nice to have a breakfast with you.” She said the last line rather in a soft and low voice.

Eunbi glanced at Sojung before she started digging her food. She tried to eat it fast. That way, the Sojung in front of her could go back quick and Sojung inside the bathroom could go out.

“I heard you take a break for a week?” Sojung opened up a conversation.

Eunbi didn’t answer.

“Are you really that sick?” Sojung tried to ask again.

“I’ve said it, I’m fine.” Eunbi said. “I just need some time to rest.”

“From what?”

“Just… things.”

“I hope I’m not one of the things you mentioned.”

“No. If it’s you then I wouldn’t let you in.”

“I actually thought you wouldn’t let me in. Cause as I remember I always need to insist when it comes to you.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t”

Sojung was looking straight and deep to Eunbi.

“Do you really hate me?” she asked.

Eunbi stopped eating. She lifted her head and faced Sojung.

“You know I don’t hate you.”

“Then why?”

Eunbi didn’t say anything.

“4 days from now is your parents’ commemoration day. Let me accompany you.” Sojung offered.

Eunbi shifted her gaze to the photo frame hanging on the wall not far from where they were. It was a photo of her and her parents that was taken a few months before the big accident that killed her parents. Eunbi was 20 years old back then.

“I want to go alone.”

“Are you sure?”

She was not sure of course. She couldn’t be sure about anything in that world. She didn’t know what kind of life she lived and what kind of feeling she felt.

“Just let me know if you change your mind.”

Sojung left soon after they finished the breakfast. The Sojung who stayed in the bathroom came out and went to Eunbi. The older girl told her to sit down and she’ll prepare the breakfast for her. Sojung heard every single thing that Eunbi had with this world’s Sojung before she left. Strangely, she wanted to know what would happen with the two of them.

So, she talked about it with Eunbi. She told her, if she ever wanted to go or be with that Sojung, than she should. Eunbi don’t have to worry about her.

That got her thinking. It might be weird, the fact that she didn’t really remember anything about her existence in that world, yet she actually felt something when she met the other Sojung. When she heard about the offer to accompany her to her parents’ grave.

The next day when Sojung was in the balcony after going around the neighborhood, Eunbi approached the taller girl.

“I think I should let the other Sojung accompany me, right?”

Sojung turned her head to face Eunbi.

“If you want it, you should.”

“Are you okay with that?”

“Of course.” She said.

Eunbi knew what Sojung meant. She nodded. That’s how Eunbi finally called the other Sojung.  

On the commemoration day, the other Sojung came on time to pick Eunbi up. She even prepared a bouqu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter