The Truth

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mr. Jung offered himself to take care of Eunbi that night at the hospital and asked Sojung to stay at their house with Mrs. Jung, but Sojung refused it and offered herself to stay at the hospital instead cause she knew that both of them have to go to work the next day. They tried some ways to persuade Sojung yet the girl insisted to stay. So, they finished the administration and headed right home after it. Before leaving the room, they thank Sojung once again and asked her to take care of Eunbi.  

“Should we play some game?” asked Eunbi. 

“It’s late.” It was already a little over 9 PM when Eunbi’s parents left the room. “You should just take a rest.”  

“I don’t know. I don’t feel like sleeping now.” Eunbi was thinking for a second. “Tell me something funny.” Requested her. 

“I don’t know any funny story.” 

“Nothing funny happened in your childhood or something?” 

“Mmm...well, there is this one thing." She recalled. "I used to watch a ‘Dora the Explorer’ when I was a kid, there’s this fox called Swiper and for a while, I thought a fox is Swiper, I kept using Swiper to refer to a fox until I was pretty big, and my friend kept laughing at me for it.” She told Eunbi. Sojung managed to put a little smile on her face by remembering it. “I don’t know if it’s funny or not.”

“Pfftt...” Eunbi held herself from laughing out loud. “Is that show already aired when you were a kid? I thought it was a pretty recent show. How old are you? You look pretty old.” She giggled.  

“I’m not that old, you know." said Sojung sulking. “But, yeah…I forgot about it.” 

Eunbi puzzled by the older girl’s last sentences. “You forgot your age?” 

“No, I mean…forget it.” 

She was looking at Sojung for a while before she finally said something. “You’re really weird, you know. I don’t know how many times I’ve said it to you. But somehow it makes me more curious about you.” she said.  

Sojung didn’t give any reaction. They were both fell into silence for a moment. It was so quiet, they can even hear the water dripping from the sink in the bathroom. Eunbi was about to ask something else to Sojung, but Sojung cut her and told her that she wanted to sleep. She still didn’t know how to explain the situation and whether she should or not, so she lied. Eunbi had no choice but to let the older girl sleep. Then, Sojung took a place on the sofa near Eunbi’s bed and close her eyes. She stayed still and pretended to be sleep. Eunbi who somehow still had some energy played the snake game in her phone. That lasted for quite long it made Sojung tired from pretending and fell asleep for real.  

The next day, around 10.00 AM, the doctor came and check Eunbi’s condition to make sure that she’s good enough to be home. And after checking the blood pressure, etc., the doctor said that Eunbi was able to go back home. Sojung helped her get off from the bed and handed the crutch that was already prepared for her. They went to Eunbi’s house by taxi with the money that Mrs. Jung has already left the night before.

Eunbi’s house was a traditional Korean house with a front yard. They have a small but pretty garden with beautiful blooming flower in it. The leaves also look so green and the smell was very nice. The combination of water, soil and the plant's smell itself. Strangely, Sojung felt so familiar and so comfortable with the atmosphere in Eunbi’s house. She felt like home. 

“Your mother must really like gardening. Everything grew so well and it’s very neat.” Said Sojung realizing that everything was perfectly placed and spaced without any weeds to be seen. 

“Yes, she does. You can ask her anything about flower and she knew everything about it and what it symbolized for.” 

Eunbi was going to her room, limping, still trying to adapt using the crutch. Sojung followed her from behind. Eunbi dropped her body on the bed soon as she was inside. Meanwhile, Sojung who carried her bag all long put it on the side of the latter girl’s bed. While in Eunbi’s room, she saw a bunch of pictures hanging on the wall and some were on top of her drawer, perfectly framed. She took a closer look to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter