Mirror

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung went to accompany Eunbi to the school that day. On the street, she couldn’t help the curiosity of what happened last night even though she initially did not want to talk about it. She wanted to know if the smaller girl was aware of what she was saying.

“So... About last night. You fell asleep in the bus.” Sojung said.

“Ah yeah... I remember you try to wake me up but didn’t remember anything after it. How could I get to my bed?”

“I carried you.”

“Aaaahhh... I see.”

“You don’t remember anything about it?”

“No.”

“Like nothing?”

“Did I do something?”

Sojung was looking at Eunbi’s eyes closely, making sure that she told the truth.

“No, nothing.” Sojung said when she came to a conclusion that Eunbi was telling the truth.

They all turned their head to the street in front of them.

“Thank you, by the way...” said Eunbi.

“It’s okay.”

When Sojung realized that Eunbi didn’t remember anything about what she said last night, she felt a little bit of relieved. At the end she didn’t have to deal with how they should become after this. It would be really complicated for her to finish whatever she wanted to finish if anything happened between them. Plus, what Eunbi said last night was right. They were from a different time. Even if the fact that Eunbi was going to be dead soon was not true, she still couldn’t be with her. She needed to go back to her time. She realized that ‘they’ were impossible whatever the circumstances.

They were walking in silence but that didn't make them awkward at all. Sojung who sometimes looked at Eunbi imagined if Eunbi was alive in 2023, she should be 34 years old by then. The age where she should already be married or at least she must be working somewhere. She wondered which one will the smaller girl choose by that age. Will she be able to meet her again if that happened? What will happen if they do? Will she recognize her? The questions that she wouldn't have the answer to.

Every time such thing came in her mind, usually she would hate herself for not having any power to change it. But that day, she didn’t want to think about it. At the end nothing last forever. We all come with a due date. Sooner or later we would leave this world, even Sojung. Even though of course, she wanted Eunbi to stay longer if she could.

She looked at her reflection in the traffic mirror they passed, then she came to a realization. The most important thing was not ‘how long’ but ‘how well’ they spend the time that was given to them.

‘I even lived longer than she should but my life is not that happy.’  Sojung turned her head to the younger girl’s direction. ‘But oh I wish I'm smart enough to think of the way we can be together.’

 They were already half-way to school.

“What?” asked Eunbi knowing that Sojung was looking at her.

“Have you ever gone to the arcade?” an idea just suddenly came out to Sojung’s mind.

“Hmm? Why are you suddenly asking me that?”

“Have you?”

Eunbi took her time thinking even though she knew that she never went there before.

“No. Why?”

“Wanna go?” offered Sojung.

“Right now? But isn’t it too early?”

“We can go somewhere else first.”

Sojung pulled her and they went to a different direction from school. They took the bus downtown. Eunbi was sitting close to the window and Sojung was sitting beside her while holding the bar. They were both looking outside of the window as the bus was going farther from where they from. The weather was so nice that day. They could even saw birds flying around. Probably they could even hear them chirping if they were outside.

“You see. I never had a girlfriend before.” Started Sojung.

Eunbi turned her head towards the taller girl.

“And I don’t have much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter