Diary

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I…did I just travel through time?” Eunbi asked.

Sojung looked at the 34 years old Eunbi who stood probably 3 meters away from her. The older Eunbi had shorter hair and slightly taller body than the younger Eunbi. The facial feature didn’t really change except that Sojung could recognize that she was older. Even older than her.

Then she remembered about her watch and her phone. She should be able to tell if they were really in 2023 with her watch. She thought maybe she touched the watch without her notice and accidentally also brought Eunbi with her.

‘But is that even possible?’ she wondered. One thing Sojung hated was that she didn’t know how everything worked. She never really inspected her watch because she was too afraid. In the middle of all confusion, she looked at it closely. Strangely, the screen was pitch black. She tried to press the side button to light it up but nothing happened. She swiped the screen, tapped it. Nothing happened. ‘is this watch supposed to be dead soon as I’m back?’

 She reached for her phone because she still couldn’t find the answer. She pressed the power button. One time, and no response from the phone. She pressed twice, then once again longer. No response. The phone was also dead.

“Let’s go.” Sojung said to Eunbi who was already stood beside her. She grabbed Eunbi’s hand.

“Where are we going?” The older girl asked.

“To my place.”

When Sojung mentioned her place she actually meant Mrs. Park’s place. She knew everything, so she would be able to explain what was happening.

“Wait, Sojung.” Eunbi said that made Sojung stopped. “You can’t just drag me here and there.” she added.

Sojung was confused.

“Look at me.” Eunbi said, asking Sojung to pay attention to the transformation on her body. Sojung understood what Eunbi meant. She was not the little Eunbi anymore to Sojung even though she was still taller than her.

“I’m sorry.”

“We can just take our time. No need to rush.”

“Okay.”

They walked together to Mrs. Park’s place side by side in silence. Suddenly both of them felt like they didn’t know where to start. Although they have tons of questions in their mind. Eunbi herself, she was experiencing a change in her heart that time. Now that they were supposed to be in 2023 and that she became herself in the future, looking at Sojung, a realization came to her mind.

She could feel how different they actually were in the right timeline. But it was weird for her because when the first time and even until before she got out from the station, Sojung was still someone older for her, even with the fact that she came from the future. Right at that moment, when she walked beside her, Sojung was way younger than her. She began to calculate their in her head.

’11 years.’

She slightly turned her head to see Sojung. She thought that maybe Sojung also did the same as her in that moment which was not completely false.

Sojung had already thought about it when they were on their way to Eunbi’s school this morning. Even though at that time she hadn’t really imagine herself meeting the older Eunbi. But that moment when she saw Eunbi in her older state, it gave her a lot to think about. If she met the her in a better situation, she might already ask some questions. About her life during those time. About her choices, about her possible ‘partner’ or anything that could happened in that span of time.

But Eunbi in that moment was just as clueless as her about the situation. That led Sojung into thinking about the fate Mrs. Park told her. About Eunbi’s death.  If Eunbi was supposed to be death and that they came to 2023, wouldn’t this can never happen? Or perhaps that the fate has changed? Those questions filled her mind as they kept walking farther from where they came from.

Yet during that long walk, Sojung also discover something else. She was sure that her surroundings were familiar to her. She was sure that they were in 2023. But something was different. Even though she still couldn’t figure out what.

Suddenly, when they were already close to Mrs. Park’s place, something vibrated from inside Eunbi’s pocket. She tried to reach it. It was a phone and there was a call. From an unknown number. Eunbi looked at Sojung before she picked it up.

“Halo?”

“Halo, Ms. Jung Eunbi?” There was a man’s voice.

“Yes.”

“Yes, I’m the plumber you called earlier this morning. I’m already in front of your door.”

“I ordered a plumber?”

“Yes, you called me this morning saying you have a problem with your kitchen sink.”

“Ah....um...where are you?”

“In front of your house.”

“No, I mean the address.”

“Yeomni-dong, Mapo-gu.”

“I’m outside right now. Can you wait for me?”

 “How long? I have another client today.”

She covered the phone and looked at Sojung.

“How long can we get to Yeonmi-dong, Mapo-gu from here?”

Sojung was looking at her, a bit confused but answered Eunbi’s question.

“15 minutes. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” Eunbi said to the plumber.

“Okay.”

Eunbi changed direction and go to a bus station followed by Sojung. She asked Eunbi what happened and the older woman explained briefly about the plumber. A curiosity grew in her mind too after she realized that Eunbi was not just still alive but she indeed had a life. She quickly threw the thought of meeting Mrs. Park.

They arrived in the building and quickly go to the elevator to go to the 8th floor. Eunbi was leading Sojung the whole time. Sojung didn’t feel weird at first, until she was in front of the elevator when Eunbi pressed the button.

It all seemed to be familiar for her. She didn’t even look around to find the way or even make sure if it was the right building. She even directly pressed number 8 when they were inside the elevator. ‘D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter