It's You

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung stayed in Eunbi’s arms for quite a while. Once again, it became too overwhelming for her. Not only the fact that Eunbi was the person she adored since she was little, but also that she saw her family again. She didn’t know that she missed them so much. She missed it when they were a happy family. But there was no way to turn it back again.  That was the reason why she could only cry at the moment. Sojung felt guilty for the little girl. It must be heavy for her to have Sojung leaned towards her, but the smaller girl didn’t protest.

Sojung wiped clean her tears before she raised her head and faced Eunbi again.  

“Let’s go get you some chicken feet.” She said.

Eunbi was looking at her as if she wanted to say something, but she didn’t. She just nodded and walked. They were walking side by side in silence until they went out of the park.

“Do you have something you want to eat?” asked Eunbi.

“Hmm not particularly.”

“Let’s go find Budaejjigae instead.”

“Are you sure? If you want to eat chicken feet it’s okay for me.”

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

They went to a restaurant that sells Budaejjigae and ordered two portions. Sojung knew that the smaller girl tried to not bringing up anything when they talk that evening in the restaurant and she felt bad for it somehow.

“If you have something in your mind, just let it out.”

“No, I don’t.”

“I’m sorry I keep so many secrets from you.”

“You don’t need to. I’m not someone who you have to share it to anyway.”

“I know but I feel like I’m making you don’t know what to do around me.”

“Well…that’s true.”

Sojung took time to choose her words.

“I might not be able to tell you anything now or even later but, I’m okay and thank you.”

“Thank you for what?”

“For everything.”

“I never feel I did something though. But okay.”

They finished their meal after an hour. The sky was already dark so they need to go back home quick. The distance from the restaurant to Eunbi’s home was quite far. They need to take the bus.

“Is it really okay if we go back at this hour?” asked Sojung.

“I already texted them that we will come home late. So yeah…”

Sojung was looking at her feet while walking, contemplating whether she should say what’s on her mind or not.

“You asked me if I have someone I like or not two days ago, right?” asked Sojung.

“Umm…yeah.”

“Well…I think I do have someone I like.” She said while kept walking. Eunbi was looking at her face that was lit up by the streetlight. “She’s cute and smart. I feel so happy when I’m around her even when we were doing nothing. She’s younger than me…in a sense. But I guess she’s way wiser than me. And bolder! I always feel bad cause I can’t act like the older one like I should be.”

Sojung paused and looked at Eunbi. In the main timeline, Eunbi was 11 years older than her, but at that time Sojung was 6 years older than Eunbi. So, she had the feeling to act wiser. The smaller girl never took off her eyes of her.

“Are you confessing right now?”

“What? No… I mean… I just want to answer your question back then.”

“Yeah, but you already did.”

“True. But now I realized that I do have someone I like. I didn’t say that it’s you.” Denied Sojung. She was a bit shy and didn’t want to smaller girl to get burdened by thinking that she was confessing. She just wanted to share her feeling. The one that she couldn’t hold anymore.  

“Okay, then how tall is that person you like?”

“What kind of question is that?”

“Just answer.” Eunbi insisted.

“Well... probably around… 160cm??” Sojung looked away while scratching the back of her neck.

“Does she also have round eyes and medium short hair and is walking with you now?”

“I…” Sojung couldn’t believe Eunbi and her boldness sometimes. “Fine. It’s you. But I really am not confessing. I mean I’m not asking you to give me an answer.”

“Are you sure?” asked Eunbi. It was dark but Sojung could see that the smaller girl put a little smile.

‘What is that supposed to mean?’

“Oh! That’s our bus! Quick!” said Eunbi suddenly while pointing at the bus who was coming slowly to the bus stop that was not really far away more from where they stood. Eunbi started to run and suggesting Sojung do the same.

“Wait…can we just… oh .” Sojung had no choice but to also run otherwise she might end up taking a different bus with Eunbi. Taking a big step while running and thanks to her long legs she could catch Eunbi up. They got on the bus on time, out of breath.

“Wow…what a sport we did just now.” Said Eunbi smiling at Sojung who still tried to catch her breath.

 It was sure a sport for Sojung. Even though it was just a short distance, she almost never run in a long time.

They sat on the seat near the back door. Eunbi took the seat near the aisle and she told Sojung to take the one near the window. The older girl looked outside when the bus started to leave the bus stop.

“What are you looking at?”  asked Eunbi with her body leaned towards Sojung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter