Kim Sojung

Come Back to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sojung-a! Can you bring that pink basket here?” asked Mrs. Park to a 172 cm tall girl who had worked for her laundry place for the last 2 years. Sojung is a smart and kind kid. At least that’s how her boss, Mrs. Park described her. She could be a successful woman by now but life didn’t do her justice so, she ended up working for Mrs. Park. It’s not like Sojung hated working with Mrs. Park in her laundry though. She really enjoyed it cause Mrs. Park and her husband had been very nice to her. However, she could be in a higher position if it wasn’t because of her mother.

Her father was a businessman. He owned a middle range company in Seoul. Unfortunately, he passed away when she was in still in high school. Her mother was someone who likes to live in a luxury life, but she didn't know how to run a company. Even though he left some money for Sojung and her mother, with that kind of lifestyle, and zero knowledge of management, their company came to an end. One thing they didn’t realize before was her father borrow a lot sum of money from a bank to build the company. Sojung was only on her second year of university when her mom left her without anything but the debt her father has. Sojung was so afraid of the fact that she has to face everything alone and mad at her mother. She had to sell her house and rent a smaller place to cover some of the debt. Then she had to give up her study at the university before she can finish it cause she had to work multiple of part-time to pay it back little by little.  

Just when everything seemed so dark and she couldn't seem to find the light she met Mrs. Park who offered her to work in her place with a pretty high salary for that works even though it was still not enough to cover the rest of the debt in a quick amount of time. But at least she could live a bit more at ease after she worked there. Sometimes she wonders how they could pay her quite big consider the job for a mediocre laundry place but of course, she wouldn’t dare to ask.

“Ah, Sojung, I got something for you to do tomorrow. I want you to go to this place and meet someone. I want you to give this to this person.” Said Mrs. Park, while pointing at a name written in the paper and giving a small blue pouch to her.

Kim min soo.

Sejong High school.

‘Sejong High School?’ The name seemed familiar for her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter