B. Baekhyun- Play or Die (2)

My One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     Play or Die (2)

     Warning: swearing, violence, light

      Silence, sunlight and warmness. That’s what I’m feeling right now, so I nuzzle more into my puffy pillow. Yesterday was a long day, and I decided to watch a movie…which was a mistake, because right now I’ll be late to work because of it. My alarm goes off and with a groan I sit up. Why can’t I get a day off like Sehun? With another sigh, I rose up from the bed and headed to the kitchen to make some coffee.

It’s been a whole month since all that crazy stuff that happened. Baekhyun was in prison, his sentence was for life, but many are saying he is planning something…He has been locked up before and never stayed more than a week. The police was still on edge, making sure that he stayed in that ty jail but the atmosphere was more laid back. The Joker was almost always the cause of hectic events and headache of the police. So right now, every evening I come home with a smile on my face and relaxed…well, as relaxed as my job let’s me. We still have to catch criminals and keep an eye on suspicious people, like Park Chanyeol. We’ve had our eyes on him for quite a while, but with the Joker around…it was nearly impossible to be occupied with him. Right now, we have all the time in the world. So in the last month, Minseok and the team has kept an eye on him. Getting back to Baekhyun…even though he is in jail, he has a psychiatrist, I heard she’s one of the best and I’m glad that he is treated. He really needs help, and hopefully the help of Kim Ji-yeon will do wonders to him.

And yes, I did move apartments…I couldn’t stay in that anymore. My kitchen was ruined and the living room, but…the reason why I couldn’t stay is that…whenever I entered the kitchen all the memories came back and I just—I don’t need those, it was too much for me. So for half a month, I lived with Sehun—which wasn’t even bad—but now I’m finally in my own apartment. This one is very nice, and slightly bigger than the last one. I even have a guest room! Which I didn’t have in the previous one. However, as the saying says…scars are made to remember…and I can’t do anything about the one on my shoulder. I yet have to learn to cope with it, which honestly will take time.

I poured coffee in two mugs, inhaling its fine scent with a smile. I took some whipped cream out of the fridge and carefully sprayed it on the coffee. I grinned at my masterpiece, if you can even call it that, right when I wanted to place the cream back in the fridge, someone gripped my arm and I turned around with a grin…However, that grin turned into a frown and my eyes widened when I saw Baekhyun smiling back at me.

“No” I took a step back, my heart beating fast.

“Y/N?” His eyebrows furrowed as he took a step forward, his grip tightening.

“No, stay away” I muttered, trying to push him away.

“Y/N, it’s me” His eyes showed worry and I shook my head “Sehun”

“Se—” I closed my eyes when Sehun’s face was suddenly in front of me, instead of Baekhyun’s “Sehun”

“Come here” Sehun sighed, taking the tube of whipped cream from my grasp and placing it on the counter behind me. He pulled me in a tight hug, and I nuzzled my face in his bare chest.

“I’m sorry” I muttered quietly, clutching him tightly, my heart still beating fast.

“It’s okay, don’t worry” Sehun sighed, kissing the top of my head “I think we should visit Irene again?”

“No, please” I pulled away with a frown, my eyes pleading “I’m fine, I seriously don’t need to see her”

“Y/N, you keep seeing him. I don’t think that’s okay” Sehun said with a frown.

“I said, I’m fine” I glared at him “If I feel like I need her help, I will call her. Don’t worry”

“Okay, just not when it’s too late” Sehun said with a small sigh.

“I promise” I smiled at him, and he smiled back. I handed him one mug and we sat down at my desk. Sehun was shirtless, like always. I already got used to seeing him like that, in the first two weeks when we lived together it was weird and I kept asking him to dress up, but he wanted to tease me so he pretended not to hear me. But really, I learned to ignore it and honestly… his upper body looks like one of a god’s, it won’t hurt if I steal a few glances. He smiled at me as he sipped his coffee and I winked. My phone buzzed, signaling I got a new message.

‘Get your lazy asses to the office, as fast as possible’ Of course, it was a message from Minseok. I scoffed as I read it again and I heard Sehun laughing. I looked at him, my eyebrows raised.

“Minseok and his nice messages” Sehun said chuckling and I nodded.

“We should probably hurry then” I said standing up from the table.

“He must have missed us so much” Sehun chuckled as he headed to the guest room, to get dressed. Now that I have a guest room, Sehun can sleep over more often and we aren’t forced to sleep in my small bed like in the other apartment and even if we fall asleep on the sofa, this one is bigger and more comfortable.

    After getting changed and ready, Sehun drove us to the station. This time when we entered, the office was filled with officers, most going to meetings and others in their offices busy. Means something big is coming.

“You owe me ten bucks” We heard someone saying smugly from behind. Sehun and I both turned around. Jongdae had a smug smile on his lips while Kyungsoo searched his pockets with a roll of his eyes.

“Here” He slapped the money in Jongdae’s opened palm, storming off to Minseok and I’s office.

“What was that?” Sehun asked amused.

“I made Kyungsoo make a bet with me. I said you were gonna come together while he just shrugged” Jongdae laughed “So, obviously I won.”

“Are you happy now?” I asked with a scoff “The bet wasn’t even real”

“I still won” Jongdae smirked at me as he brushed past “When will you start dating, so that I can bet on it with Junmyeon this time”

“We are just friends” Sehun said with a sigh, as we followed Jongdae to my and Minseok’s office.

“For how long?” Jongdae asked, stopping in the doorway “I think you should date though, you look nice together”

“Well, thanks. But we are good as friends, not lovers”

“I agree” Sehun patted my shoulder, and Jongdae finally moved away letting us enter.

“Morning” Junmyeon said politely as he rose from my seat, letting me sit down.

“Hey” I waved at him with a smile.

“You are finally here, you two move like slugs” Minseok said rolling his eyes.

“You, shut it” I narrowed my eyes at him. Minseok smirked as he threw a file at my face. I caught it and grimaced at him, opening it. It was a file with Park Chanyeol, this is the fifth file I read about him. I’m starting to think I know him better than myself.

“What’s with this?” I asked, raising the file in the air.

“Read it” Jongdae said with a nod.

“This is the fifth file you are making me read, for god’s sake” I said sighing.

“But this is for the mission” Kyungsoo said, his eyes wide.

“Mission, what mission?” I asked confused.

“We are going undercover” Minseok said, clapping his hands.

“We?” I looked at him.

“Yeah” He grinned “You, me and Junmyeon”

“Junmyeon?” Sehun asked, standing up “Why not me?”

“Because Junmyeon has the looks for a business man” Kyungsoo said with a smirk  “unlike you”  

“You little—”

“He is older than you, show some respect” Jongdae said with a glare.

“But—I want to go too!” Sehun exclaimed, pouting “Y/N is going too!”

“Y/N is essential, we caught the Joker with her help” Jongdae said with a shrug “It’s natures call, females attract males. Unless you want to dress up as a woman?”

“I don’t” Sehun muttered, sitting down in his seat with a glare and arms crossed in front of his chest. I laughed quietly at him, his reaction funny and cute.

“So, getting back to the subject” Jongdae cleared his throat “We know how Mr. Park likes getting involved with married woman and charm then into his chambers—” Jongdae snickered at his own choice of words while I rolled my eyes “So, Y/N will be the married woman…you’ll be married to our dear Junmyeon”

“M-me?” Junmyeon asked, his eyes wide.

“We could make her married to Minseok too, but he looks so young and I don’t know how his wife would feel about this” Jongdae said, rubbing his chin.

“Seulgi wouldn’t mind, it’s my job after all” Minseok said with a shrug.

“Your job is to be married to Y/N?” Jongdae asked with another snicker and everyone groaned. He could be so annoying at times like this.

“Okay, fine” Sehun rolled his eyes “I still think I would be better Junmyeon”

“Then who will I be?” Minseok asked, his eyebrows raised.

“Y/N’s older brother” Jongdae answered with a wide grin.

“Ah, okay” Minseok nodded, noting something down.

“You are a rich family, who goes to this auction. Will have to get close to Mr. Park and be friendly with him—Y/N, you should possibly charm him” Kyungsoo continued explaining.

“Okay” We all nodded.

“When?” I asked, taking the file and placing it in my bag. Seems like I won’t be bored tonight.

“In two days”

“Great” Minseok said excited “Can’t wait to catch that , he seems like he liked the Joker, sometimes his behaviour just gives off that vibe”

“The—The Joker?” I asked looking at Minseok, eyes big.

“Yeah, he is a weird guy. Not as weird as that , but—he’s kinda there”

“Oh” I muttered, looking at Sehun who had a reassuring smile on his lips. I just pray to god he isn’t like the Joker or else I won’t be able to finish this mission. The others don’t know about me having nightmares with Baekhyun or just randomly seeing him, and they don’t need to find out. Sehun was quick to realize something was wrong with me, so he nagged me about it until I told him…and that’s how I ended up at Bae Irene, my psychologist. She’s one of Sehun’s friends, and she is amazing, she’s helped me a lot in the last month.

    The class was still in session, so I decided to wait outside. The door had a small window so I could actually see inside. However, the sight I saw was not something I was expecting. Joy was on her knees, clutching a rag to her chest tightly and sobbing loudly.

“Please, don’t leave me! How could you go like that?! My love, please don’t go! I can’t live without you! Come back!” She was loudly shouting while sobbing. To say that I was shocked is an understatement, but I could feel a laughter already coming my way. I knew Joy was a talented actress, but—seeing her like this is too funny. She suddenly stood up, dusted off her jeans and got rid of the tears.

“See, Haneul? That’s how you should do it” Joy said sternly “You express no emotion, I need emotion. I want you to convince me that you are actually in pain because you lost your lover”

“Yes, Miss Park” The girl bowed her head “I will try my best”

“You better” Joy said with a small smile “I don’t want to replace you, you have potential”

“Thank you” The girl bowed again and went where Joy was kneeling a few seconds ago. I smiled as Joy walked to a desk and sat on it, paying attention as the girl took her position and started repeating what Joy said. She was trying hard, and indeed…she did have potential, she just needed more emotion. My phone suddenly rang, startling me. I quickly fished it out from my purse, seeing an unknown number calling me.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Miss Seung?” The lady on the other end asked.

“Yes, who is this?”

“My name is Kim Ji-yeon, I am Mr. J’s psychiatrist” She answered, her voice shooting.

“Oh, I—I know” I stuttered, leaning against the cold wall “Why are you calling me though?”

“I have a few questions. I hope you don’t mind me speaking to you through phone”

“It’s okay”

“So, um…You are a detective, right?”

“Yes”

“I don’t want to scare you, but—Mr. J’s condition is—not the best” She sighed into the phone.

“I understand, but that isn’t really my concern. In fact, I don’t care what happens to him” My eyebrows furrowed. Why would I care that his condition isn’t the best? He did it alone to himself, he really is in no position to whine about it.

“I know, Miss Seung—I called because—I don’t know what to do” Mrs. Kim sounded so desperate “He keeps talking about you, every single session. I can’t get him to speak about something else, he just—he just—It’s been like this for the past three weeks. Every single day, Miss Seung”

“I—” I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath “Is there any possible way I can help?”

“There is” Her voice was quiet “You should visit him, I think it would help. Help him get rid of this—obsession.”

“I—I don’t think I can do that” My heart beat quickened just at the thought of seeing him “I can’t, I’m sorry”

“Okay, but it would really help—”

“I understand. Have a good day” I didn’t wait for her answer, just hang up. I jumped at the bell signaling classes were over. What am I supposed to do? Will it really help if I see Baekhyun? It might help him, but what about me? It would definitely not help me. I should call Irene, or tell Joy? I’m definitely not telling the boys, they would be against it and—for a reason I still want to help.

“Oh” Someone exclaimed “For how long have you been standing there?”

“Don’t worry, for not long” I smiled up at Joy, my best friend.

“You could have entered, you know” Joy chuckled, locking the classroom door.

“Didn’t want to bother” I shrugged, hugging her.

“How was your day?” Joy asked, as she rested her arm on my shoulders. We headed outside, towards her car.

“It was okay, I got that case with Park Chanyeol” I grinned at her “We are going undercover in two days”

“Oh, wow” Joy’s eyes widened as she looked down at me “That’s cool, I hope everything goes okay. Not like last time”

“About last time” I trailed off as we stopped near her car “I got a call. About him, he won’t cooperate anymore. His psychiatrist called to tell me it would help him if I go and see him”

“No” Joy shook her head, walking to her side “Forget about it”

“Joy”

“Get in the car” She said with a glare. I hate it when she goes all teacher on me, I’m not her student.

“Listen” We closed the doors “Maybe, it will help”

“What about you?” She looked at me, her eyebrow raised.

“I don’t know” I shrugged, looking ahead “I would be fine”

“No, you wouldn’t. What about Sehun, what did he say?”

“Nothing, he doesn’t know about it” I sighed, massaging my forehead.

“We aren’t going, it’s final” Joy started the car.

“Please, Joy, I—I just—I’m scared, but if you come with me—”

“You will be okay?”

“Yes, please”

“I don’t know” She sighed, glancing at me.

“Please, let’s try” It was the most stupidest idea I ever had. I am stupid for doing this, it’s a mistake what I am doing. I know, I know I’m doing the biggest mistake. Maybe, maybe my nightmares will stop.

“We can still leave” Joy muttered as she clutched my hand. We were standing in front of the auditorium, where in any moment Baekhyun would enter. Joy gripped my hand tighter and I smiled at her. The door opened and two guards entered first. They stopped in the doorway, two guards came in, dragging a sulky Baekhyun after them. They pushed him roughly in the chair. I gasped, gripping Joy’s hand tighter.

“Y/N?” Joy asked worried.

“I’m—I’m fine” I took a deep breath. Suddenly the scar on my shoulder felt like it was burning.

“You don’t have to enter” Joy said for the nth time.

“No, I—It’s fine, I’m fine” I shrugged, taking a step closer to the closed door. Baekhyun’s hair was messy, falling in his eyes. The orange uniform looked a bit big on him. He was sulked in his chair, tracing the table with his fingers. He was mumbling something, shaking his head lightly. Joy glanced at me and kissed my temple before letting go of my hand. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open, walking inside. Baekhyun stopped mumbling, slowly raising his head in the air. His eyes widened and he jumped up, the two guards inside tensed, ready to restrain him if it was necessary. I closed the door behind me, taking a few steps inside the room, taking a few deep breaths.

“Hello” Baekhyun said, a small grin on his lips “You are Y/N”

“I am Y/N” I nodded, looking at him weirdly. He looked…weird. Like it wasn’t him, slightly drugged.

“Y/N” He chuckled, placing his hands on the table and leaning over “Hello”

“Hi” I mumbled, taking more steps closer to him.

“You came” Baekhyun whispered “You came”

“Yes, I came” I nodded, taking a seat.

“I missed you” Baekhyun muttered, slowly sitting down. He extended his hand on the table, turning his hand, his palm in the air.

“I heard” I eyed his extended hand, placing mine in my lap.

“How are you?” He asked with a grin.

“I am—fine” I looked at him, Baekhyun’s grin widened. It was weird speaking like this with him, I felt uneasy.

“I am fine too! See, we match!” He said chuckling.

“We—don’t” I muttered, making Baekhyun sigh.

“Can you hold my hand?” He asked quietly.

“I don’t want to touch you” I said sternly “Not after what you did”

“What I did…” Baekhyun seemed lost in thought and suddenly his face lit up “Your shoulder! We are even, kitten”

“Yes, thanks to you” I glared at him.

“It was my pleasure” He smirked, a twinkle in his eyes.

“Well, it wasn’t a pleasure to me” I rubbed my shoulder, glaring at him.

“But—You can remember me like this” He snickered, a proud smirk on his lips.

“Unfortunately, something I hate” I mumbled, standing up “You saw me, I am leaving now”

“Don’t” He jumped up, his expression turning desperate “Stay”

“I don’t want to, I came and you saw me. You should be happy, I wasn’t even planning to come” I glared at Baekhyun, as his expression turned slightly annoyed “I don’t care about you Baekhyun, I have problems because of you. I can’t sleep because I see your face whenever I close my eyes. I don’t want to ever again see you. I hope you stay in this jail forever—”

“Don’t say that” Baekhyun growled, suddenly gripping my hand “Don’t say that, don’t—It’s not true! Stop it, Y/N—”

“Let go” The guards were behind him, pulling on him. Baekhyun wriggled in their grasp, not wanting to let go of my arm.

“You are mine” Baekhyun growled as I finally pulled away my hand “I will find you, don’t worry!”

“Take him away” I muttered at the guards, as I made my way to the door.

“If it’s after me, you won’t see me” I glared at Baekhyun as I slammed the door shut.

“Y/N—”

“Let’s go” I growled as I made my way out.

“Okay, we are definitely going somewhere after this” Joy sang as she raced after me.

“I want to go home”

“No, ain’t happening” Joy said with a laugh.

“Joy—”

“You can’t argue. What I just saw was horrifying and you aren’t fine. You need to relieve the stress. So, shut up and come!” I sighed as I rolled my eyes. Joy could be annoying.

“Ah, this food is so nice” Joy moaned as she stuffed her face.

“You say that like you never had KFC before" I said with a chuckle, munching on my fries.

“It’s been a while since I ate it, okay?” She exclaimed, eyes wide as she stared at me.

“Okay, okay" I said chuckling. There were a few moments of silence, both of us just enjoying our food.

“You know, Sehun is a nice guy” Joy started, with a smile.

“I know that” I said with a chuckle.

“No, I mean—He is so great and…a very good friend—"

“Do you like him?” I raised my eyebrows at her. Joy coughed, whipping with a tissue.

“I don't” She said sternly “I definitely don’t, he is just a good friend. Actually, there’s this guy—"

“Then why would you bring him up?” I raised my eyebrow at her.

“I just felt like saying that” Joy shrugged, taking a sip of her Sprite “Anyways, I was saying—There’s this guy in the high school. He is so hot and nice—"

“Joy, I swear to god—If this guy is your student, stop there because I’m a detective and—"

“God, Y/N you never let me finish!” She glared at me “It’s my co-worker. He’s a biology teacher, he came this year. He’s so good looking and nice, and he’s sweet and lovely!”

“And you are totally whipped for him" I said with a smirk.

“Yeah" she said with a chuckle “His name is Jaebum"

“So, tell me about this Jaebum guy” I said with a smirk, sipping from my Sprite.

“Oh, well” Joy scratched her arm “He is very smart and makes me laugh all the time. Also, we’ve been having lunch for the past month—”

“And you never told me!” I exclaimed, hurt “I thought you tell me everything”

“Yeah, well—I didn’t like him, it’s—more recent this feeling. I kinda don’t know what to do” She sighed.

“Well, obviously hang out with him. I don’t know, maybe ask him out” I suggested.

“I don’t want to ask him out…I want to wait, I don’t even know if he likes me” Joy mumbled, putting her food in the backseat.

“That’s fine” I nodded “Just make sure no one takes him away”

“Trust me” Joy smirked at me “that won’t happen” I laughed as we pulled away from the parking lot of the mall, heading finally home.

    I pressed the button of the floor I was going to, the elevator ascending. I had a somewhat better night yesterday. Maybe it was the fact that I saw Baekhyun locked up, with guards around him and I am finally sure there’s no way for him to escape. I felt more at ease, like some tension was lifted off me. I smiled as I exited the elevator, greeting the people I knew. I entered my office, to find Minseok on his laptop, typing.

“Morning” I greeted as I took a seat. He didn’t answer though, my eyebrows furrowed. Did he not hear me?

“Morning” I said again, louder this time “Minseok?” He still didn’t answer. Did I do something? He wasn’t listen to music, so he definitely heard me. He wasn’t speaking on the phone either. Now, what did I do? Forgot to bring him coffee? The door was slammed open and I jumped in surprise. Sehun entered, a glare directed at me.

“What did I do?” I asked, confused with Sehun too.

“What did you do?” He exclaimed “Are you crazy?”

“Maybe?” I said chuckling “Seriously, what’s wrong with the both of you.”

“You are out of your mind” Minseok suddenly spoke up “I feel like you need to be followed all the time, Y/N. What the ?” Okay, Minseok only swore if he was angry.

“Okay, what did I do?” I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“You went to that crazy man, all alone!” Sehun exclaimed, his eyes wide. I whipped my head towards him, my eyes widening.

“How do you know?”

“Everyone knows” Minseok scoffed “We work at the police station, for ’s sake!”

“But, I—” My eyebrows furrowed, god…I forgot they would find out either way.

“But, I—what?” Minseok scoffed “Seems like you forgot we would find out.”

“So what?” I asked scoffing “I can do whatever I want to”

“By going there you put yourself in great danger, Y/N” Sehun said with a hard glare “And that’s not okay”

“Do you think I don’t know that?” I exclaimed “I know very well! I didn’t want to go, but—his psychiatrist called me and—She said they weren’t making any progress because Baekhyun kept speaking about me. She said only I could help”

“That woman has been weird since she got Baekhyun’s case, Y/N” Minseok sighed.

“Are you kidding me?” I rolled my eyes “She gets Baekhyun and suddenly she’s weird? That’s just plain ed up, Minseok”

“I made some research, okay?” Minseok scoffed “I know what I’m saying, that woman…something’s fishy about her”

“Well, I don’t know” I shrugged, taking out Chanyeol’s file “Nothing happened to me, I am good. Baekhyun did nothing to me, everything is fine”

“Are you better?” Sehun asked, raising his eyebrows, glancing at Minseok subtly.

“Yes” I nodded “Very well actually”

“Good” Sehun nodded, sighing quietly “That doesn’t mean it was okay what you did”

“Sehun—Seriously, drop it” I rolled my eyes.

“I can’t, okay” He glared at me before exiting the office. I sighed and started reading Chanyeol’s file.

    “Junmyeon, you can’t even tie a tie?” I asked with a chuckle.

“I can, but this one won’t be right” He sighed, groaning. I chuckled and turned him around. I stepped closer to him, tying his tie for him. I smiled when Junmyeon looked down at it, inspecting it.

“I did it like this too!” He exclaimed.

“You didn’t make a hook, that’s why it didn’t stay” I said chuckling and turned around, pulling my hair in a ponytail, finishing my look.

“Do you have a boyfriend that wears lot’s of suits or what?” Junmyeon asked with a chuckle, gelling his hair back.

“No, but I did have a father you know” I smiled at him through the mirror “And Sehun sometimes wears suits too”

“Oh, Sehun…trying to make me jealous?” Junmyeon raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his lips.

“Why would I want to? You are my husband.” I said seriously, Junmyeon stared at me before starting to laugh.

“I think we’ll do a convincing work tonight” He patted my back as he passed by, going to his kitchen.

“Yeah, I’m not worrying about that” We decided to get ready together for the auction tonight. Getting more used to the other, trying to look more convincing for the eyes of strangers. But I’m not worrying, Junmyeon is a nice guy and it’s easy to get along with him. I just need to look like I’m in love with him and everything is done.

I patted down my tight red dress, which honestly is a little bit too tight. I mean, it’s so tight on my chest for the first five minutes it felt like I stopped breathing. But in order to have success tonight, I need to make a few sacrifices. Like, wearing this tight dress, pretending to be married to my co-worker and having a brother who could be my uncle…okay, not really, Minseok is still young. I walked to the kitchen, staring at Junmyeon as he placed a gun in his belt.

“You keep your weapons in the kitchen?” I asked with a chuckle, leaning against the doorway.

“Yeah” He chuckled “No one would look here. Let me guess, you keep them in your closet?”

“Hmm” I smiled at him “I used to but figured I need another place for them”

“Living room then” Junmyeon raised an amused eyebrow at me.

“Bingo” I laughed.

“Underneath the coffee table?”

“Behind the bookshelves” I winked at him, taking my purse. Minseok just sent us a message that he was here, waiting for us.

“Good to know” Junmyeon intertwined our hands as he stopped in front of me “You are very beautiful, my dear”

“You look very handsome, honey” I smiled at Junmyeon as a wide grin spread on his lips and pulled us out of his apartment.

The hall was huge, like—very huge. How many people are here?

“Don’t look so amazed, sis” Minseok snickered, leaning closer to whisper in my ear “You are the wife of a business man and come from a rich family, you’ve seen things like this before”

“Yeah, in pictures and movies” I whispered back, straightening my back when Junmyeon led us to a couple.

“Junmyeon!” The lady exclaimed, hugging him “It’s been a while”

“Indeed, Lisa” Junmyeon chuckled.

“And you changed so much!” She exclaimed again, her eyes wide as she checked out Junmyeon. We have luck with Junmyeon, because he indeed is from a rich family and it’s not his first time at an auction like this…so he pretty much knows people from here. The only difference is that he is actually here on a mission now and not as a simple rich guy.

I cleared my throat and the lady looked at me.

“Oh, hello there” She smiled “I am Lisa, Junmyeon’s long time friend.”

“Nice to meet you, Lisa” I smiled back at her “I’m Y/N, Junmyeon’s wife”

“Wi-wife?” fell open, eyes wide “You got married?”

“Uh, yeah” Junmyeon scratched the back of his head “It was a small wedding, we wanted things simple”

“But it was beautiful, I wouldn’t change anything about it” I smiled up at Junmyeon, who looked down at me and I could see adoration in his eyes, wow…he is a good actor too.

“I am so lucky to have her” He turned back at Lisa after kissing my temple. I chuckled, actually embarrassed as my cheeks turned red. Minseok snickered behind me and I wanted to kick him.

“Are you actually blushing? Seung  Y/N is blushing?” He mumbled quietly, a teasing smile on his face.

“Shut it!” I glared at him “It’s not funny!”

“I am just playing my role” He shrugged with a smirk.

“No one said a big brother needs to be like that” I scoffed at him.

“That’s how big bros are like” Minseok winked “You’re gonna have to deal with it tonight, for visiting the crazy man.”

“I can’t believe you!” I glared at him, but turned to Junmyeon when I felt him kissing my cheek.

“What are you—I mean, yes honey?” I coughed awkwardly, as I saw Lisa was gone.

“Perhaps, would you like a drink?” Junmyeon asked with a kind smile.

“Yeah, that would be nice” I muttered, hooking my arm with his.

“You know that you should be an ignorant husband and you a wife who’s looking for another man’s attention?” Minseok looked at us, his eyebrows raised.

“Yeah, yeah” Junmyeon rolled his eyes “Just be patient”

“Of course” Minseok snickered, as he handed me my drink. I nodded at him with my eyes narrowed as he stared at me cockily. He was going to be a pain in the tonight.

The lights deemed and Junmyeon pulled me by the elbow to our table.

“The auction is about to start” He informed Minseok and I, as we took our seats. Junmyeon was sitting on my left while Minseok sat beside him. The seat on my right was empty. A guy walked up on the stage and greeted everyone. He started talking about tonight’s products and we could buy. I glanced at Junmyeon who had a small smile on his lips. The guy on the stage announced that the grand prize of tonight is a ruby necklace. I gasped when it was shown it was so beautiful!

“I see you like it” A deep voice made me jump “The ruby necklace, you like it?”

“Oh” I stared at the tall man, who looked more handsome than on the photos “Yeah, I really like it”

“It’s beautiful, just like you” He muttered with a smirk, his eyes roaming my body.

“Thank you” I giggled, making his smirk widen.

“My name is Park Chanyeol, and who are you?” He asked, looking interested. Now was my time to do my job.

“My name is Kim Y/N” I smiled at him.

“Honey—oh, who’s that?” Junmyeon asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Park Chanyeol” Chanyeol shook hands with Junmyeon.

“Kim Junmyeon, nice to meet you.” Junmyeon said with a grin “I see you already know my beautiful wife?”

“Oh, we just got to know each other” Chanyeol chuckled, glancing at me. I smiled at him.

“That’s great, she’s a very friendly person” Junmyeon said with a chuckle and I turned to him, he kissed my lips gingerly. I couldn’t fight the blush, I was used to kissing Sehun but it was the first time Junmyeon kissed me, and I must admit he is a handsome guy.

“Oh, Myeon, that’s the thing you’ve been telling us about” Minseok spoke up, motioning towards the auction. Junmyeon nodded at us and turned towards the front, participating in buying the item.

“Lovely husband you’ve got there” Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed as he searched my face.

“Ah, yeah” I said, making sure I sounded disappointed. I played with my fingers, as I smiled at Chanyeol.

“Problems in paradise?” He asked with a chuckle, placing his hand besides mine on the table.

“Oh well, you can say that” I shrugged.

“Not very loyal?” Chanyeol muttered, eyeing Junmyeon.

“You could say that” I shrugged, biting my lower lip.

“It’s business, you know. Should have known before getting yourself into it”

“I’m not a curious girl”

“You aren’t?”

“Not all the time” I shrugged, making Chanyeol chuckle.

“Are you curious now?”

“Maybe” I smirked at him.

“I like you” Chanyeol muttered lowly, eyeing Junmyeon carefully. I smirked and traced a finger gingerly over his palm. Chanyeol’s eyes found mine and a grin spread on his lips.

The plan was going perfectly, he took the bait so you all understand now, why I’m currently pushed up against the wall of his living room. Chanyeol’s big hands were gripping my waist tightly as he and kissed at my neck. I refused to let out any kind of sound, but when he bit my neck repeatedly, I couldn’t fight the quiet whines.

“Wow, Y/N, now I see why you like going undercover” The usual annoying voice was loud in my ear. I ignored it, pulling Chanyeol’s face up, our lips meeting. He made a sound of approving, kissing my lips hungrily.

“Okay, Y/N" it was Junmyeon this time “You shouldn’t stay too much" I hummed against Chanyeol’s lips, hoping they heard it. Chanyeol must have taken it as a good sign, because he decided biting my lower lip was a good idea, which really was but not tonight. I pulled away, both of us were panting.

“Bedroom?” I asked, slowly undoing the buttons to his white shirt. Chanyeol grunted and nodded towards the last door on our far left. I smirked and pulled him after me.

“Y/N, I hope you don’t plan on doing anything, because I don’t want to witness anything!” Minseok pretty much shouted into the earpiece and I winced. Chanyeol opened the door to his bedroom and I pushed him inside, pushing him down on his bed. Chanyeol fell on his back with a loud huff, a smirk appearing on his lips. I raised an eyebrow at him as I crawled on top of him , lightly tracing his abs with my fingertips. Chanyeol in a sharp breath, closing his eyes. I smirked and lowered my head, blowing breath on Chanyeol’s stomach, making him tense up and groan loudly. Wanting to more, I slowly my way up to his neck, making Chanyeol moan more times loudly.

“Enjoying yourself?” I whispered in his ear, biting his earlobe lightly.

“I think I had enough of your teasing" Chanyeol muttered, his hands suddenly pushing down my hips, making me feel his hardness.

“Oh my God—Tell me when it’s over, I can’t watch this" Minseok said and I heard Junmyeon laugh. I almost chuckled, but that would have been weird.

I kissed Chanyeol, on his lower lip as I took his hands and placed them above his head. I took his tie, that lay loosely around his neck, and tied them to the headboard.

“And now you stay here" I smirked at Chanyeol as I patted his exposed chest.

“Where are you going?” Chanyeol asked confused, for once a pout appearing on his lips, making him unbelievable cute.

“That’s a surprise” I winked at him and exited his room, pushing the door closed.

“Minseok, Junmyeon—Where do I have to look?” I asked, pressing the button on the earpiece.

“The big bookshelf” Junmyeon answered “There will be two books—”

“The Picture of Dorian Gray and Pride and Prejudice” Minseok quickly said “It’s between them and hurry"

“Just those files?” I asked, quickly searching for these two books.

“Yes, it has everything we need"

“Okay” I muttered, while looking for the two books. The bookshelf was huge, so looking for two tiny books—

“Where the hell are those books?” I groaned into the earpiece “I don’t have time for this"

“It’s in the middle road, to the left” Minseok said. I quickly started searching in the middle road, finally seeing the two books. The file was indeed between them, so I took it and checked it to make sure it contained what we needed.

“Okay, guys" I said into the earpiece, walking back to Chanyeol’s bedroom “You can send the team, we’ve got him”

“Okay, get out" Minseok said sternly and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, yeah" I opened the door to see Chanyeol still in the same position.

“It was nice knowing you” I waved at Chanyeol, who looked even more confused.

“Y/N? What are you doing? What’s that—" It seemed like he realized what I was holding.

“Well, see you soon" I turned around and started leaving “At the police station”

“I don’t think so" His voice held amusement, but I ignored it and left him tied up to his bed. The police officers should arrive any time, so they will definitely take him. I completed my mission.

    I groaned as the sound of my ringtone went off again. Someone has been calling me for straight ten minutes and it’s really driving me crazy. Who is so desperate to reach me? I groaned again as I sat up in my bed.

“What the hell do you want?” I growled into the phone when I saw the caller was Sehun.

“Y/N!” Sehun exclaimed, and I flinched “Where the hell are you?”

“In my bed?” I asked scoffing “You know, I was sleeping so well. Dreaming of green unicorns until you decided to wake me up. It’s freaking Saturday, Sehun and—Nine in the morning? What the hell!”

“Listen, Y/N—I don’t care” He sighed “I—Turn on the TV”

“Why?” I whined, raising from the bed and walking to the living room.

“Because you need to see what’s happening. Also, I’m coming over so get ready.”

“Sehun—” Before I could argue with him he hung up. What is happening? What’s the big rush for? Why is he coming over? It’s still nine in the morning and Saturday!

I shuffled through the channels and sighed when I saw nothing. I sat more comfortably on the sofa and as I was about to turn it off, what I saw made me choke and my eyes widened. It was on the news, big red letters, saying Breaking News. I clutched the pillow next to me tightly, no this isn’t happening. It was a footage of the Joker’s car speeding down the high way chased by many police cars. It was clear who was in the car, I don’t have to think much. It must have happening sometime midnight, when I was sleeping. Suddenly, the roof of the car lifted up and a person with long blonde hair stuck out her head. She held two guns out and aimed them at the police cars. It was clear that she was laughing, I couldn’t see her face clearly so I don’t know who she was. The footage was cut and the reporter was back, her face cold but I could see the worry in her eyes.

“As you saw, that was the Joker’s car. He escaped last night with the help of Dr. Kim Ji-yeon, his psychiatrist and one of the biggest companies boss, Park Chanyeol. It seems like Mr. Park and the Joker had been friends for a long time and they kept it in the dark, for situations like this. We don’t know much about his psychiatrist, but it’s said that she’s been acting weird lately and was spending a lot of time with the Joker.

“As for where they are now still remains unknown. The police is working on catching them, it’s recommended to stay in your homes after dusk and keep your eyes opened. If you see the Joker, contact the police instantly. This is a serious problem and everyone is counting on your help. Let’s work together and get rid of this issue as fast as we can—” I turned off the TV taking a deep breath. I can’t belive this, it’s—he is free…Baekhyun is free. I—What am I going to do now? What if—he comes after me? And if he does something to me like last time? I shivered and rose from my bed, running to my bathroom. My stomach felt uneasy and my head was already hurting. I the faucet and stared at the water as it poured out. I quickly stripped and went under the cold water. What am I going to do? This can’t be happening. I caught Baekhyun first and yesterday Chanyeol—was this all along their plan? Make us believe Baekhyun would stay in jail? Was I really that stupid to believe it? Oh my god—I punched the wall, closing my eyes tightly. My teeth chattered against each other, so I turned the water to warm. He played me, all of us. We were stupid kids, thinking we made it while all this time—He played us. He broke his psychiatrist and is now using her, she’s a doctor she has access to places where Chanyeol couldn’t have from outside the hospital and jail. What will happen now? He definitely is hiding, Baekhyun is a smart man…finding him won’t be easy.

After showering, I changed into some jeans and a comfy sweater, knowing that I will have to go to work. But all I want to do right now is hide underneath the blankets and pretend I’m a kid playing hide and seek.

“Y/N” Sehun stared at me worried as he opened the front door. He had keys.

“Sehun” I muttered, walking up to him and hugging him tightly.

“I am so sorry” He whispered in my hair, caressing my cheeks “I will protect you”

“I’m scared” I whispered, sighing into his chest “He is coming for me”

“I won’t let it happen” Sehun muttered lowly “We are going to protect you”

“Thank you, Sehun” I smiled up at him, kissing his cheek. Sehun smiled down at me, chuckling quietly.

“We need to go to the station though, Jongdae asked for us” Sehun took my hand and pulled me after him.

“Yeah, I was kinda sure about it” I muttered, taking my jacket with me.

If I thought I saw the office hectic before, I had no idea what I was talking about. Everyone was here right now, all screaming at each other, panic and stress clear on their faces. We had to find him, it was our job. Keep the city safe and Baekhyun was harming it right now. We pushed our way through the crowd and walked to my office. The boys were already inside, anxiety clear on them.

“Y/N—”

“No, before you start worrying—I am fine, nothing happened. Sehun called me and that’s how I found out” I told them.

“You are okay, right?” Junmyeon asked, worried.

“Yes, nothing happened to me.” I nodded at him.

“You are staying with us” Minseok said sternly, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“She can stay with me too” Sehun glared at Minseok.

“I actually—”

“She is leaving” Jongdae said loudly, silencing everyone the rising argument between Sehun and Minseok too.

“What are you talking about?” I broke the silence, a frown on my face.

“We all know how he’ll look for you” Jongdae rolled his eyes “He might be a smart guy, but this one is just obvious.”

“So why do I have to leave?” I asked confused “And where to?”

“You are going home, Y/N.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter