K. Jongin- Looks can be deceiving

My One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Looks can be deceiving

  Warnings: light swearing and light violence

     Two months ago I was the transfer student. The rich transfer student from the city, as they called me. It’s not that I’m super rich or something, but apparently I have more money than the people here. My father is a lawyer, so that shouldn’t be a surprise. But at the moment mom is broke, meaning I’m broke as well, since I live with her. Three months ago, my parents divorced…their relationship wasn’t working anymore, and dad said he’s had enough of both of us. That hurt, a lot…but I got over it. After they divorced, dad pretty much kicked us out so we had to move to my grandma, who was living in a township. When I heard it…I was pretty out ragged, I wasn’t ready to leave my city life behind, but I really had no chance. We moved here, mom got a job at a smaller restaurant. Grandma helps out at the hospital and I’m thinking of earning some money as well…but grandma won’t let me. She says I’m too young and shouldn’t waste my time by that.

School was tough in the first month, I was starred at, because I was the transfer student and everyone knew everyone here…so I was pretty much like an intruder, a mystery to them. Everyone wanted to get to know me, to be able to gossip about me or to just make more friends. I tried ignoring all the stares but at some point it became impossible and I started calling out people for it. They started saying I was rude and mean, while I just tried telling them to stop. But…there’s something good in every bad thing, I made a friend after all…her name is Momo and she’s the cutest person I have ever met. We get along pretty well, and probably she’s the only one who didn’t stare and whispered if I passed her in the hallway. We were partners in Science class, that’s how we became friends…after talking rather than doing our assignments, not that we regret it.

You know how it is, with every school there come boys as well. I can’t say that the boys here can sweep you off your feet, but there’s this one guy…he’s just so handsome and perfect. I could droll when he passes by in the hallways and I often find myself daydreaming about him in a boring class. His name is Kim Jongin, he’s tall. Has the most attractive tan skin I’ve ever seen, and the plumpest and most kissable lips. His eyes are sharp, his brown eyes always piercing when he looks at you. He is just perfect, he’s in the school’s sport team, so his body is amazing as well. He’s in his senior year, and I’m in junior year. The only problem is that he doesn’t even know I exist. I mean…we do see each other in the hallways and I have seen him sometimes watching me when I’m with Momo, but that’s all. Momo keeps telling me to stay away from him, because he’s very rude and mean. Always picking on people, because he feels bored and calls them names. I should believe her, because after all she’s been in this school longer than I have been, but I’ve never heard or seen him doing those things…so I just try not to believe them, take them as bad rumors.

     Today was just another day of school, I quickly got ready and left for in a hurry since I woke up late. I looked like a mess when I arrived. My bag falling off my shoulders, my hair falling in my face, my shirt halfway out my jeans. I was never really organized, so this is just me being my messy self. But what came next is something I did not expect. Like usually I wasn’t looking ahead, because I was checking if at least I have my laces laced and collided with a hard chest, stumbling back and of course falling on my . I groaned and rubbed my as I stood up, taking my bag with me. When I raised my head, to look at the one I collided with, my voice was gone. Kim Jongin was standing in front of me, his arms crossed across his chest, looking at me with a killer glare.

“Uh, sorry.” I said embarrassed.

“You better be.” He scoffed, and pushed passed me “Next time watch where you’re going.”

“I, uh—“ I stared after him with a frown, his tone wasn’t very nice and the way he pushed past me…that wasn’t very nice. Was Momo right all this time? I cursed when my name was shouted.

“Young lady, what are you doing still in the hallways?” Our math teacher asked, a glare on his face.

“I’m sorry, sir.” I bowed at him “I was late and I—“

“That’s even a bigger problem, I should give you detention.”

“No! Sir, please don’t!” I folded my hands in front of my chest, looking at him with big eyes.

“You have two seconds to get to class.”

“Thank you!” I bowed quickly and ran towards my class.

“You look awful.” Momo scrunched her nose, when I sat down beside her.

“I know, okay.” I sighed, placing my head on the table. The teacher cleared his throat and I straightened in my seat.

“What happened to you?”

“I woke up late and when I came to school I ran into Kim Jongin and the math teacher almost gave me detention.”

“Oh, well that .” Momo cracked a smile “How did you run into Kim Jongin?”

“Just like when you run into someone, I wasn’t looking where I was going and I collided with him. He wasn’t very nice though.”

“I told you, he’s an . You should stop daydreaming about him.” Momo rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, whatever—“

“Y/N! You come late and you speak as well, do you want detention?” The teacher exclaimed, with an angry expression.

“No, I’m sorry!” I bowed my head and rolled my eyes once he turned around.

    “I’m so glad we can finally go home.” Momo said stretching. I chuckled and nodded, following her outside the class. The hallway was full with students going home, I squeezed between them, trying to keep up with Momo, who was walking at the speed of lightning.

“You coming to my place?” She asked, abruptly stopping and I collided with her back.

“I can’t, mom wants me to go to the restaurant.” I shook my head.

“Oh, alright.” She took my arm and pulled me after her. Everyone was pushing their way out and I rolled my eyes when a girl collided with me from behind.

“What is with everyone?” I scoffed.

“They are just eager to go home, like us.” Momo shrugged.

“Yeah, but you can do that in a civilized way too.” I rolled my eyes, and felt eyes on me.

“Stop whining, it’s annoying.” Momo pinched my side and I jumped. As we were making our way slowly out, I kept feeling someone looking at me, so I looked around. And to my surprise I found a person looking at me, he was leaning against the wall…intently looking at me, and it was Kim Jongin. I gulped and turned around, walking out quickly.

“See you tomorrow.” Momo waved at me and I smiled at her, heading towards the restaurant.

    I entered the Restaurant, greeting Steve on the way to the kitchen. He moved from America ten years ago. He is a nice guy, I learned lots of things from him.

“Eomma, I’m here.” I threw my bag down, and sat at the stool.

“Oh, good. Please help me out a little.” She was washing the dishes, with a sigh I stood up and took over. She dried her hands and put on her apron.

“I’ll be outside, sweetie.” She kissed my temple and went to the front. I sighed and started washing the dishes. I knew why she asked me to come, she usually calls so that I could help her. It’s tough for mom, I know. I try to help her as much as I can.

“Oh, Y/N, darling. How are you?” Mr. Do, the chef of the restaurant asked.

“Mr. Do, I’m fine. And you?” I asked with a bow of my head.

“Tired, today was more packed than before. I wonder why…” He chuckled.

“People finally realized how good of a cook you are.” I winked at him.

“That’s sweet, thank you.” He patted my head, as he passed, heading to the fridge “I made your favourite soup.”

“Oh, you did? Can I get some?” I asked with an exited smile, Mr. Do cooked better than mom or grandma.

“I made it especially for you, your mother told me this morning you’ll be stopping by.”

“Well then, I’m glad I came by.” I chuckled. I quickly finished washing the dishes and took a bowl of soup, eager to eat it. It tasted fantastic like always…I wasn’t even surprised. Mom rushed in the kitchen, a few orders in her hands. Kyungsoo was quick to prepare everything, mom helping him out here and there. As I finished my soup, mom spoke up.

“Sweetie, please take this to table 8.” She shoved a tray full with food in my hands. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the front. Why did I have to do this when this was mom’s job? Whatever, I was the one who wanted to help, so I really shouldn’t be complaining. I made my way towards table 8, looking at the tray all the way there, trying to balance it and make sure I don’t spill anything.

“Hello, here’s your order.” I started placing the plates on the table “Can I get you anything—“ The moment I looked up, the air caught in my throat. Kim Jongin was looking at me, a cold gaze following my movements.

“Uh, can I get you anything else?” I asked again, my voice sounding strangled a little.

“A glass of water.” He said, his deep voice sending shivers down my spine. I nodded and hurried to the kitchen, taking a cup and the bottle of water. I made my way back to Jongin’s table, placing down the cup on the table and pouring the water in it. I placed the bottle on the table, bowed a little and started walking away.

“You—“ I stopped, when he took my wrist “are the transfer student, right?”

“Yes—yeah.” I muttered, trying to pull away my wrist.

“You were the one that ran into me this morning, right?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Uh—yeah.” I mumbled, my cheeks heating up.

“Well, next time be more careful.” He smirked, letting go of my hand and I quickly made my way to the kitchen.

“You know the boy?” Mom asked.

“I—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter