P. Chanyeol- Hungry

My One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hungry   Warnings: light

       Fresh starts, new towns and new friends aren’t my thing. Not like I had friends before moving to Autumn Leaves, but something about this town felt off. Everyone was friendly towards everyone, like they knew each other. It’s not a big town, but neither a very small one. So it was surprising to find people smiling at me and my mother when we went out for dinner. We moved in last week and we were still getting used to the place.

We used to live in a big, busy city but mom decided she needed some calmness and silence in her life, so we moved. To this bizarre town called Autumn Leaves. It’s surrounded by mountains and forests and as much as I hate mountains and forests something about this place makes me feel at awe whenever I stare out my window. The forest is right by our house, a small path leads inside. Our neighbours were nice enough to tell us that it’s not really clever to wander around the forest at night or at full moons, they say certain animals lure around that can’t wait for a flesh of a human. I don’t know what that means, but it just intrigues me more. What can possibly be there that’s so scary and dangerous? Little bunnies and some bees? Right.

“Y/N—Y/N, are you even listening?” Mom waves a hand in front of my face, sighing.

“Oh, sorry” I smiled sheepishly at her.

“Young lady, why do you never listen to your mother?” She quirked an eyebrow, making me chuckle.

“I was just thinking about the woods, I want to go hiking” I muttered under my breath, knowing my mom would say no. She’s afraid of the woods and that’s a pity. She’s a photographer and all the beauty she’s missing on out is a real pity. But she said something happened to her while she was young inside the woods, and since then she prefers to stay away, where it’s safe.

“But it’s getting late” Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked outside “Maybe tomorrow”

“Mom, please” I whined, getting up from the floor “We’ve been here for a week and you kept saying no. Tomorrow I have school and if I have homework you know I will be too busy”

“Y/N…” Mom sighed, eyebrows furrowed as she thought hard “One hour, and you bring your phone with yourself and when I message you, you have to answer me instantly”

“Yes!” I grinned excitedly at mom, quickly kissing her cheek before running to get my hoodie. It’s autumn, yes, but despite being in a valley it’s not that cold outside in the evenings, well yet.

“I’m serious, Y/N” Mom warned as she walked after me “If you don’t answer I will call the cops and—”

“I know!” I chuckled, already opening the door, one feet half inside my boot “Stay calm and watch some Netflix!”

“You’re very funny” Mom rolled her eyes as she closed the door after me, watching me run off the porch with a big grin. Finally, I can enter the woods like I wanted to do the whole week. Mom and her annoying antics sometimes are really annoying. But I understand her, I’m her only child and she’d do anything to protect me. I respect her greatly for raising me and being a strong woman when my father left her even before I was born, what an .

I followed the narrow path inside the forest, hands in the pockets of my hoodie, clutching the phone in one hand to make sure mom won’t call the cops on me for nothing. Since it’s the middle of autumn, the leaves are already falling and changing colors, a sight that everyone should see. It’s breathtaking and so calming at the same time. The colors mixing and creating such beautiful other colors is something everyone should see. The light breeze moved my hair in my ponytail, tickling my bare neck. It was beautiful and I felt at ease. Probably others would be scared to wander around the woods, but there’s nothing to be scared of, I’m alone…oh well, some birds are here since I can hear the chirping.

I probably stayed in the forest longer than an hour and mom was going to kill me the second I get back, but it will be worth it the second I show her all the beautiful pictures I took. After walking for half an hour probably, I sat on a fallen tree and just admired the view and closed my eyes, listening to the beautiful song of the birds.

However, it was dark by the time I realized I should be going back, but following the path I knew there won’t be any problems. I used my flashlight to create some light for myself, making sure I don’t trip over a fallen twig. The crunching of leaves felt weird underneath my feet, the forest quiet with the song of birds gone. My phone suddenly buzzed, startling me.

“Y/N! Where are you!” Mom exclaimed into the phone, making me cringe.

“On my way back, don’t worry I’m probably close” I answered her, stopping for a second since I couldn’t use the flashlight and speak on the phone as well.

“Y/N, I told you one hour—”

“I know, sorry” I sighed, becoming aware when a twig snapped not far away from me. I looked around, narrowing my eyes in hopes of seeing something.

“Please hurry back” Mom sounded worried and I bit my lip, feeling sorry for worrying her.

“I’ll be back, hopefully in ten” I reassured her, getting a little creeped out when I felt something watching me.

“Okay” Mom muttered, hanging up. I quickly turned back on the flashlight, turning around in hopes of seeing something, hoping at the same time it was just the wind, which was stronger in the evening, creating noises. Heart beating faster, I realized nothing was there and it was just my paranoia so I started walking faster this time, trying to get back in ten minutes. I can’t have mom worrying over me.

Stepping carefully around some fallen branches I sighed as my foot slipped on a watery leaf and I almost fell. I’m always so clumsy, I wonder who I got that from. Humming a melody quietly to myself, I wished to finally be out of this never ending forest. Did I really walk this much without realizing? Stepping around some mud, there was another snap of a twig behind me and while turning back I lost my footing and ended up on my , barely a few meters away from the mud.

“Jesus” I muttered to myself, thankful that I didn’t fall in it. Picking up my phone, that also fell out of my hands, I felt eyes on me again and there was some rustling coming from my right side. Head snapping towards the bushes, I directed my phone towards it, squinting when the bush moved again. I suddenly saw a pair of red eyes and jumped back with a yelp when a big wolf jumped out. Heart beating fast, my mouth hang open as I stared fearfully at the big animal. It was bigger than an usual wolf, its fur black like the midnight. Its eyes looked like they were squinting at me, its color a blood red, a shiver ran down my spine. With shaking hands, I tried standing up without any sudden movements. If I scare the wolf, I’m probably dead. As I stood on my knees, the animal suddenly bared its teeth, taking a step towards me. My breath came out loud and shaky when I opened my mouth, fearful that I would die in the claws of a wolf. Looking into the eyes of the wolf and ready to jump up and run away, I was taken aback when suddenly his eyes turned a very dark brown, almost black. They looked like human eyes, beautiful human eyes. But they suddenly changed back to red and the second the wolf charged towards me I raised to my feet and started sprinting down the path, heart beating fast. I knew the wolf was chasing after me and I knew I would be dead any second if I didn’t get out, but as suddenly I saw light not far away from us, I knew there was the exit. Forcing myself to run faster, I was even more motivated when I could heard the wolf getting closer and its growls scaring me to death. The path started to widen, meaning I was already at the edge of the forest, the trees thinning out. I felt the wolf’s teeth grazing my back, latching onto my hoodie the second I stepped onto the gravel ground, forest behind me. For a reason, I stopped running, knowing the wolf wouldn’t follow me outside the forest. And I was right, when I turned around panting, the black wolf was standing at the edge of the forest, a little piece of my hoodie between his big teeth as he stared at me with his brown eyes, almost as if he was glaring at me. The second he growled dangerously low, I was shaken awake from my daze and quickly sprinted away, not caring that the wolf just tore my favorite hoodie. I can buy more hoodies, but I can’t buy more me’s.

    Explaining to mom, or rather lying to mom, as to why my hoodie was torn was easier than I thought. I told her that it got caught on a branch on my way home and me being clumsy, I fell and tore it. She also questioned why I was panting when I got back and I just told her I jogged home, not wanting to make her worry more. She seemed skeptical but all thoughts of doubt flew out the window when I showed her the pictures I took. She was ecstatic and quickly stole my phone, to download them on her laptop. And like that, I got away with it, but not from my dreams. The wolf’s familiar eyes haunted my dreams and in the morning I woke up with the thought that, that wolf didn’t even look like a normal wolf. I have been to zoo’s, I have seen wolf’s before. This one was big, had huge canines and red eyes. Wolf’s don’t have red eyes, so just what was that thing I saw?

Disposing my thoughts about last night, I willed myself to walk to my new high school, the only high school this town provided. Great, time to socialize, yay…note the sarcasm. It’s not that bad, it’s just that I hate introducing myself and having people stare at me like I’m an alien. This is not my first time moving, so I know.

Pushing open the double doors, I walked in while taking a deep breath. Great, this school smells like the others, except it doesn’t stink which is amazing. I went to a school like that once, and it wasn’t nice at all. Walking down the halls, I smiled politely at the curious eyes. What is a lone girl like me doing? Well, searching for the principal’s office to get my schedule. Suddenly, a girl popped up in front of me, scaring me to death.

“Hi!” I yelped as she greeted me, her eyebrows quickly furrowing “Did I scare you?”

“Yes, you did” I huffed, fidgeting with the strap of my bag.

“Sorry” She chuckled, smiling brightly at me “So, you are the new girl. How can I help you?”

“By walking me to the principal’s office” I offered her a small smile, making her nod.

“Great, I was heading just that way” She turned around, leading the way “I’m Kang Seulgi by the way, we’ll probably be great friends”

“Really? Why do you think so?” I raised my eyebrows as I followed after her.

“Because I’m friends with everyone” She giggled and I hummed, staring at her back amused.

“I’m Choi Y/N, by the way” I introduced myself quietly, thinking she didn’t hear me.

“Pretty name” Seulgi chirped excitedly, linking her arm with mine “Since you are new here, I can show you around in breaks. What grade are you in?”

“Junior” I muttered with a pout.

“Me too!” Seulgi beamed, stopping in front of a rusty door “This is the office, I’ll wait for you outside”

“Didn’t you say you had to go somewhere?” I raised my eyebrows, detaching my arm from hers.

“Oh, don’t worry about that” She winked, pushing me towards the rusty door. Shrugging to myself, I knocked on the door and entered. The principal was an old man with beard, green eyes and raven black hair. He was tall as he stood staring out the window and seemed well built for his age.

“Oh, you finally arrived” He smiled warmly at me.

“Uh” I looked around awkwardly “Were you waiting for me for long?”

“Don’t worry about that” He chuckled, picking some paper up from his desk “This is your schedule, your locker is 88”

“Thank you, sir” I bowed, taking the paper from his hands.

“Welcome to Autumn Leaves, Y/N” He smiled at me, making me return it. Exiting the office, I was surprised at the number of students standing in front of the door. Were they also transfer students? I quickly realized they weren’t when I saw one hugging Seulgi and the others around them. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. The closest to me seemed to finally notice me as a big grin spread on his lips.

“Hey!” He waved at me cutely, face of a puppy looking at me “You are Y/N, right?”

“Uh, yeah” I answered taken aback, did Seulgi tell them already?

“I’m Baekhyun!” He grinned, hugging me without a warning. I stood still, looking around awkwardly as Baekhyun didn’t let go.

“Let go of her, hyung” A tall guy said rolling his eyes “Don’t scare her off the first day”

He gripped Baekhyun’s collar and pulled him off me, making me chuckle awkwardly as the others had their eyes on me.

“Are you not a hugger?” Baekhyun asked with a pout “Do you not like hugs or—do you not like me?”

“What? No!” I quickly shook my head, feeling guilty by the look Baekhyun was giving me “I’m just not familiar with you, that’s it”

“Oh” Baekhyun blinked, his grin back quickly “So, this is the pack—”

“Friends, we are his friends” The tall guy slapped Baekhyun’s back hard, making his eyes widen.

“I’m your hyung” He growled lowly at the tall guy, all friendliness gone. The tall guy just stared down at Baekhyun like the threat meant nothing, but it seemed like they were having a conversation with their eyes. I swear the tall guy’s eyes flashed green, but my attention was quickly stolen from them so I’m not certain.
“Hi, I’m Junmyeon” A bunny faced guy, as tall as Baekhyun extended his hand and I gladly shook it.

“And this is Minseok” The guy had cat like eyes.

“Jongdae” He had his arm around Seulgi, who was smiling cutely at me.

“Sehun” Junmyeon pointed at the tall guy, who now had his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“He’s Kyungsoo, don’t be scared of him, he’s actually nice” Junmyeon said with a quiet laugh as he pointed at a shorter guy, shorter than me at least, who was glaring at me.

“She’s Irene, she’s also friendly” The girl beside Kyungsoo had her arms crossed in front of her chest, one eyebrow raised.

“And Jongin, he’s cute but his bite hurts so stay away from him” Junmyeon shrugged as my eyes went to Jongin, who waved at me giggling, standing close to Seulgi. So, this is the whole team? Nice.

“Where’s he, Junmyeon?” Kyungsoo spoke, his voice surprisingly low.

“Who, Yixing?” Junmyeon rolled his eyes like it was normal for the boy to be absent “Probably still sleeping”

“Not Yixing, him” Kyungsoo’s voice dropped an octave as he averted his eyes towards the end of the hallway.

“Ah, probably still at home” Junmyeon shrugged, turning back at me with an expectant smile.

“Right” I smiled shyly “My name is Choi Y/N, I hope we can get all along well”

“We will definitely get along well! You are pretty and you smell nice and your—” Sehun muffled Baekhyun’s mouth as he started dragging him away with a nod in my direction. I chuckled, turning towards Junmyeon.

“Baekhyun is a loose mouth, don’t get scared, he just talks a lot” It was Minseok who spoke, shrugging as he took off with Irene and Kyungsoo, the opposite way Sehun and Baekhyun went.

“Can I see your schedule?” Seulgi asked with a smile, extending her hand. I walked closer and handed her my schedule. Jongin’s head was resting on her shoulder as he looked as well at it, Jongdae glaring at the other boy.

“How do you like our town so far?” Junmyeon made small talk with me.

“It’s peaceful, it’s actually the first time I like a town” I answered with a smile, thinking back to the forest “The forest is just beautiful”

“You’ve been inside the forest?” Jongin’s ears perked up as he waited for my answer.

“Yeah, yesterday evening” I nodded quickly, taking back my schedule.

“Alone?” Jongdae asked bored.

“Well, yeah” I shrugged, looking at the four people in front of me.

“That’s dangerous” Seulgi muttered, but quickly brightened up “Let’s go to class. You share most classes either with me and Baekhyun and Sehun or Chanyeol, Jongdae, Junmyeon and Irene”

“Who’s Chanyeol?” I asked, eyebrows furrowing. There was a Yixing that I don’t know who is, but no one said anything about a Chanyeol.

“A friend” Jongdae shrugged, turning around and walking away with Seulgi, Jongin hot on their tails.

“You have lots of friends” I muttered, glancing at Junmyeon.

“We sure do” Junmyeon laughed, his eyes hiding something. Shrugging it off, I followed these new people to my class. Seems like school will be fun with them around.

Spending time in class and in breaks with these mysterious people, I found myself attracted to them and their friendliness. They seemed like good people and they were accepting of me, some more than others. I quickly learned that teachers didn’t like Baekhyun since he was talking all the time, Sehun being the only one who could actually deal with him. I met Yixing too, who was sleeping in most classes but otherwise was a very sweet boy but quite weird. He sniffed my hand after we shook hands, which is very weird. Junmyeon laughed it off, saying Yixing was like that. Irene and Kyungsoo seemed to stay away from me and they mostly hanged out with Minseok and Yixing. Junmyeon seemed to be liked by everyone as they always were looking for him and what I also found weird was Seulgi, Jongdae and Jongin. Wherever they went, they were like attached at the hip, always seen together. And I found out all this information in just one day, which is still not over, than I can only imagine that I will definitely not be bored with them.

It was the long break, when everyone went to the canteen and had lunch. The table we were sitting at was huge and I was even more shocked when I saw how much these guys were eating. Even the girls, how can they look so in shape and eat so much at the same time? I was sitting between Yixing and Irene, munching quietly my sandwich as the seat across me remained vacant. Junmyeon and Jongdae were sitting there, yet the one directly across from me was vacant. Was it for that Chanyeol guy that didn’t turn up for the whole day?

It was also weird to have people staring our way with jealous gazes or just simply have them pass by with friendly greetings. People really did know each other here, there are no exceptions. The canteen was loud before but it suddenly got quiet as the doors opened and a tall guy walked inside. His eyes searched the canteen for a second before landing on our table, or better said, on me. The food I was chewing seemed to get stuck in my throat as I started coughing, it seemed like the canteen also snapped out of the frightened daze. Yixing looked at me worriedly as I tried swallowing the food.

“Finally, he’s here” Yixing muttered, looking back at the guy who was slowly approaching us. He was taking his time, eyes on me. I felt uncomfortable being stared at and for a reason this guy seemed dangerous. Not the Kyungsoo and Irene kind of dangerous, it was on a whole different level. He was tall, probably taller than Sehun by a few centimeters, and had black longish hair. He was very well built, muscles could be seen even through his black clothes and his eyes…as he started getting closer, I could look into his eyes. They were a very dark brown, almost like the midnight. They felt familiar, like I’ve seen them before.

“Close your mouth” Irene scoffed “Your droll is coming out…and Chanyeol is off limits”

“Why?” I quickly closed my mouth, breaking the staring contest I seemed to have with this guy.

“Just because” Irene shrugged, not even looking at me.

“Are you his girlfriend?” I asked curiously, failing to realize Chanyeol was at the table already.

Irene snickered, turning at me with a half smug smirk, “Even I know he’s off limits, so if you know what’s best—stay away, little girl”

“I’m not a little girl” I glared at Irene, making her full on smirk.

“Then what are you?” Suddenly a deep voice asked, making me jump. I turned towards the tall guy, watching him quietly. He’s very handsome, but from up close his aura is really scary and dominating.

“What am I supposed to me?” I quirked an eyebrow, trying to play it off as nothing. He scoffed, eyes narrowing as he leaned down.

“Not just that you are new and sitting at my table, you are also rude” He almost had a mocking smirk on his plump lips.

“Excuse me, at least I don’t walk around like I own the damn place and act all mighty” I snapped back, the heads at the table turning at me. Did I say something wrong? I looked around, feeling a little scared. Would this guy hurt me? Baekhyun’s lips were trembling as he bit his lower lip, and Sehun was already glaring at him.

“Hyung, keep it—” But Sehun didn’t get to finish as Baekhyun burst into a loud fit of laughter, hitting the table. The new guy’s head snapped into Baekhyun direction and screamed murder, but it seemed like it didn’t affect him.

“Oh god, this is so funny” Baekhyun whined while wiping a tear away “A mere human told you off so quickly, I already love this girl”

At Baekhyun’s words the table erupted into chuckles, pissing off the new guy more.

“So what is a mere human doing, sitting at my table—” He started saying while I rolled my eyes. Mere human? What are they? Dogs?

“This mere human has a name, and also it would be very nice if you stopped referring to me like that is not normal. What are you? A dog?” At this the whole table started laughing, even Irene and Kyungsoo who usually had a stoic face. Chanyeol’s eye twitched as his palms curled up into fists and it seemed like he almost growled.

“A dog? Want to see what this dog can do—”

“I think that’s enough for today, Chanyeol” Junmyeon said with authority in his voice, patting Chanyeol’s back. So he is after all Chanyeol.

“She’s our friend so treat her as one too” Junmyeon continued, forcing Chanyeol down in the chair.

Junmyeon leaned in to whisper something to Chanyeol, but I caught it too, “Behave, she has no clue about it”

“What’s your name?” Chanyeol’s eyes suddenly snapped at me, making me slightly jump in my place. Irene looked at me amused, exchanging glances with Kyungsoo and Yixing.

“Y/N” I answered without emotion, turning away from Chanyeol when he opened his mouth to say something. There was a low growl at the table, but everyone ignored it, like it was normal to happen.

“Maybe you are not that bad, little girl” Irene nudged my shoulder with hers, with a smirk on her lips.

“Thanks, I guess” I muttered back with a little grin.

“Okay, so that now Y/N is in the pack—” Sehun smacked Baekhyun’s head, making him growl at the younger while the others glared at Baekhyun. Pack, he keeps saying that. Do these people have some mental health problems to call themselves a pack?

“As I was saying, since Y/N is now our friend…” Baekhyun forced a smile “We gotta plan when to go out”

“Again?” Jongdae sighed, snuggling his head into Seulgi’s neck who winked at me. I really won’t be bored with them, will I?

    A few days passed since I started going to school, and I was surprised at how much homework we already have and how stern the teachers are. This is the first town I’m staying in that the teachers take education so seriously. We were sitting in a booth at the town’s cafeteria, our table the loudest of them all. We were supposed to learn for our Geography test but everyone was busy doing something else. Actually, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon were the only ones that were actually getting some work done and studying. Baekhyun sighed loudly beside me, resting his head on the table.

“I’m so tired of studying” He whined, making me chuckle.

“Baekhyun, you didn’t learn anything since we arrived” I played with his hair, knowing he’d like it a lot. In these few days that I spent with them, I came to the realization that Baekhyun is a person that needs much affection and appreciation. Weirdly, I don’t find it a bad thing, and I usually deny skinship, but with Baekhyun it felt natural already.

“I’m still tired” He sighed “I didn’t get much sleep”

“Why, what were you doing at night?” I raised my eyebrows, waiting for his answer patiently.

“Oh, I had to go out because Chanyeol called and you can’t really deny your alpha—”

“Baekhyun, move your fat ” Irene hissed at him, slapping his back hard. Baekhyun shoot up, glaring at Irene.

“You don’t have to hit me all the time” He muttered as he sauntered to the other end of the booth, slumping down beside Sehun who had his earphones in. He glanced at Baekhyun and grinned as the older male leaned against him, closing his eyes. But what was Baekhyun going to say before Irene interrupted him? And what is Chanyeol doing up late at night? He called him…an alpha? What the hell is that? Speaking of Chanyeol…he’s glaring at me at the moment from the bar counter, Yixing beside him probably telling him a story that Chanyeol seems to not pay attention to. I don’t know why he doesn’t like me, I didn’t do anything. From the very first second he saw me, it seemed like he hated me…and that’s weird because I didn’t do anything this time, really.

“Y/N!” Irene nudged me hard, startling me.

“Yes?” I asked, eyes wide as I looked at the glaring girl.

“Do you just not hear people talking to you?” She asked with an exasperated sigh.

“Sorry” I chuckled quietly, giving her my full attention and ignoring Chanyeol’s glare, he’ll get tired of it eventually.

“I just asked if you understand the equations we have for calculus as homework?” Irene seemed uncomfortable to be asking me.

“Yeah, I’m pretty good at them” I nodded with a smile.

“Can you help me?” She muttered almost inaudible, cheeks turning pink. It was funny to see the cold and fearful Irene blushing because she was asking for help at a simple homework.

“Sure” I grinned at her, happy that she wasn’t pushing me away or treating me like Chanyeol.

“This doesn’t mean we are friends or that I like you” Irene growled and my grin was quickly gone, but inside I was happier than ever.

“Obviously, I understand” I nodded with a stern face.

“Good” She muttered, walking away leaving me in a good mood. Finally deciding that it was time I’d get some studying done, I opened my book and took my pencil, underlying the more important information. We have the lessons in our notebook, but I prefer to study a little bit more to make sure I get a good grade. Placing the end of my pencil between my teeth, a habit of mine, I started reading the information, trying to block out the others. Jongdae was loudly speaking to Minseok, and since they were sitting quite close to me, it was a little bothersome. But I wasn’t about to complain.

While reading the second paragraph, I felt eyes on me. Anyone could be looking since we are in a public space so I didn’t bother to look up and check the person. My eyebrows furrowed as I came across a sentence that I didn’t quite understand. What does the author of the book want to say? Leaning a little bit closer to my book, my teeth clenched around the ends of my pencil. There was a loud screeching sound suddenly, alerting everyone. By the time I looked up, Junmyeon and Yixing, who were closest to Chanyeol, were holding him down against the counter. Confused I stared at the boys as the others seemed alarmed as they watched the three boys. Did someone anger Chanyeol? What happened to him? Glancing at him, I realized how intense his gaze was, almost burning my skin. Becoming self conscious, I lowered the pencil from my mouth and looked down, trying to ignore whatever was happening. Chanyeol growled loudly and Junmyeon hissed something inaudible at him.

“Sehun, Jongin” Junmyeon called, urgency in his voice “Go and take some fresh air with Chanyeol, Kyungsoo you too”

I thought the boys would argue back like they usually do, but without a word they were up on their feet and while firmly holding Chanyeol, they dragged him away. I looked confused around, waiting for an explanation but it seemed like no one was going to give me one.

“We should probably call it a day” Seulgi spoke cheerfully, like what just happened didn’t bother her “How about we study tomorrow in the school’s library? And then we are sure that we’ll study there”

The others nodded at Seulgi’s advice, packing up. Getting the cue, I packed up as well, ready to leave.

“We’ll walk with you” Baekhyun came up behind me, Jongdae and Seulgi by his side.

“Walk me—that’s fine, I live close—”

“Come on” Seulgi whined, hooking her arm with mine “Don’t you want to get to know us better? More bonding time!”

“Sehun will be jealous he was left out” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed.

“Okay, let’s go” I smiled at the three people, Chanyeol’s behaviour long forgotten.

I don’t understand what Chanyeol’s problem is, but after yesterday’s scene, he’s been avoiding me like I’m a disease. He won’t even look at me now, and if I gaze at him longer than a second he just growls in my direction, thinking it will scare me off. Seriously, what’s his problem with me? I haven’t even spoken to him after we met in the canteen, he can’t possibly hate me…can’t he?

School come to an end quickly today, luckily all of us had an easy day. We all gathered in the library just like Seulgi suggested yesterday, well everyone except Chanyeol, it seems like he’s rarely with his friends. The seat on my left side remained empty as the others preferred to sit somewhere else and I didn’t feel bothered. Baekhyun was on my right side so it’s literally like the whole gang is sitting beside me at once. He’s hard to stop and even inside the library he won’t stop talking, at least he knows how to whisper. Sehun had to knock his head against the table a few time though and it resulted in the two of them almost getting into a physical fight.

“Why are you so focused? Speak to me, Y/N” Baekhyun whined, his voice going higher than supposed.

“If you don’t shut up, I’ll get a ban for you” I snapped at him quietly, trying to finish learning for the test.

“Come on, I’m so bored” He whined, nuzzling his cheek against my forearm. Huffing, I turned towards Baekhyun.

“When I say no, that’s a no, Baekhyun” I whispered sternly at him “And you should study too or go bother someone else”

“How about not” Sehun hissed in our direction quietly, pretty focused on learning for his Biology test.

“Everyone is doing something productive” I looked at Baekhyun “Do the same”

“Fine” He glared at me, slumping in his seat “I will sleep then”

“Fine, sweet dreams then” I grinned, amused by Baekhyun’s behaviour. He’s such a kid. Getting my earphones out, since I finished studying for Geography, I got out my calculus homework. Plugging in my earphones, I let the music flow at a not very high volume, and focused on my homework. It feels nice to be just simply learning with my classmates and friends. Even though not much time has passed since I met them, I actually see them as my friends already. Everyone is friendly, except Chanyeol, and it makes me glad to know that for once I’m not a lone wolf, the weird new girl.

I was so immersed in my homework that I failed to see that someone occupied the seat beside me. I was surprised when warmness came from the vacant seat. When I turned my head, I came face to face with Chanyeol. He was in the process of tying his hair back, actions pausing as he looked at me. Getting lost in his dark orbs, I didn’t realize I was staring until it was too late. Chanyeol’s hands worked fast as he tied his hair back, hand coming down to cover his nose. Feeling confused, I turned away and sniffed myself discreetly. I don’t smell bad, Baekhyun would have told me if I did. Feeling again eyes on me, I knew it was Chanyeol so I didn’t bother looking. Turning the volume up, I furiously started solving the few equations I still had. However, ignoring Chanyeol seemed to be a hard task as he didn’t stop staring, eyes burning holes into my head. I groaned, finally finishing my last equation. Stretching a little bit, I pulled my earphones out and placed them on the table, beside my phone. The stretch felt so good after sitting stiffly in a chair for hours, a quiet moan left my mouth. Chanyeol cleared his throat rather loudly, legs bouncing up and down fast. The table was full, so the only empty place was really beside me. I observed that his chair was further away from mine than when he first sat beside me. Feeling a little self conscious, I glanced at him, seeing his knuckles white as he was gripping his pen rather harshly. Right as I wanted to speak to him, Baekhyun whined beside me.

“Hug me” He whispered, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter