K. Junmyeon- Why (1)

My One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Why (1) Warnings: swearing       I never asked for a brother…or a sister…yet he came in my life. He wasn’t even my brother, we didn’t share the same blood…he was just an intruder. He came to ruin my life, I had nothing with his father…my stepfather. He was actually very nice, funny, humble and intelligent. I’m glad mom remarried  with such an amazing person…except his son. Why did he have to be so rude and an ? He just couldn’t shut up, always had something to say…always saying how he’s grades are better than mine…making mom proud. I wanted mom to be proud only of me…yes, I was jealous. Since Junmyeon became my stepbrother it’s like mom forgot about me. She always praises him, acts sweet with him. Where are the praises for me? I miss the old days, when it was just mom and me…

“Could you move your lazy faster? I don’t want to be late!” Junmyeon scoffed as he passed by me.

“No.” I glared at him and on purpose ate my cereals slower “I suddenly feel like savouring the cereals would be a good thing.”

“I swear to God, Y/N…I’ll leave without you.”

“I don’t care, I’ll just call Jongdae then.” I shrugged. He took a deep breath and walked up to me, taking my hand that was holding the spoon, stopping me midway.

“You are not going with Jongdae, so hurry up.”

“And who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do?” I glared at him.

“Your brother.” He said through gritted teeth.

“You aren’t my brother, and you will never be.” I forcefully pushed him away and threw the rest of the cereal in the sink, the bowl making loud noises as I dropped it in the sink.

“What’s with all this noise?” Mom came in the kitchen, looking confused and sleepy.

“Nothing, goodbye mom.” I walked past her, took my bag from the floor and slammed the front door shut after me. Well, this was one of the best morning’s I could have, seriously…usually I end up in a fight with mom about being rude with Junmyeon, not that I care. I sat down in the car, and took out my phone dialing Jongdae’s number.

“Morning, love. I hope you dreamt of me.” Jongdae’s flirtatious voice greeted me.

“Morning, no, I didn’t thankfully.” I chuckled.

“That’s a pity, I always dream of you.” He sighed dramatically.

“Well, guess I hunt you down in every dream of yours. You should be glad I actually like you.” I chuckled.

“The odds were in my favour.”

“Can you stop the Hunger Games references? It’s annoying.” I rolled my eyes, both at Jongdae and Junmyeon, who entered the car.

“But that movie is so good.”

“I’m not saying it’s not good, but you are obsessed with it…and that’s annoying.” I said chuckling.

“Well whatever, I need to obsess over something—or what? Would you like me to obsess over you?” No doubt he was smirking.

“I’ll chop off your , Jongdae.” I stifled a laugh.

“What!” Jongdae started laughing loudly and I waited ‘till he stopped.

“Anyways, I called to tell you to meet at our place.”

“Oh, sure. I’m telling Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Joy too, okay?”

“Yeah, sure…then see you there.”

“Bye, love.” I smiled and hang up.

“Why are you always with that Jongdae?” Junmyeon asked glancing at me.

“Because unlike someone, he’s actually nice and fun to be around.” I answered with a glared.

“I’m fun to be around too.” He said with a smirk.

“Yeah, sure.” I snorted, rolling my eyes.

“Well, you are the only girl that thinks that.”

“Trust me, brother…if they’d have to live with you, they’d regret all their life choises they made.” I said with a sarcastic smile.

“I’ve always wondered how can your friends be around you.” He said with an evil smirk. I glared at him.

“ you.”

“Thank you.”

    As we got to school I exited the damn car, getting as far away from Junmyeon I could. But of course he had to run after me, shouting my name in the hallway, heads turning at us.

“What de do you want?” I exclaimed stopping abruptly, he collided with my back and turned me around harshly.

“Are you deaf, I’ve been calling you since you left the car!” He asked harshly, pulling on my hand.

“And if I didn’t answer is clear that I don’t want to talk to you.” I glared at him.

“If I ing call you than you ing answer.”

“Really? Make me.” I slapped his chest, pulling my arm from his grasp.

“I’ll be waiting for you, so hurry up.” He said with glare.

“Sure, go yourself.” With a smirk I left him and headed towards Joy’s locker, where we were meeting.  

I could already hear Chanyeol’s loud laughing. Him and Jongdae were always so loud I’m surprised they weren’t given detention for that, since our director loved peace and silence.

“Yeol, please stop! It’s not even funny.” Joy whined, hiding her face in her hands.

“What did I miss?” I asked walking closer.

“Oh, Y/N!” Chanyeol exclaimed and pulled me in a hug, which I returned.

“What did they do to you, Joy?” I asked chuckling, Joy’s face was red.

“She tripped, in front of Yixing. And then everyone started laughing and Yixing cracked a smile and—Joy awkwardly waved at him, while her whole face was red—oh God, it was the funniest thing so far today!” Chanyeol explained, cracking up at the end.

“It’s embarrassing.” Joy whined and I patted her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, even though Yixing is friends with Junmyeon, he’s not like that. I’m sure he found it clumsily cute.” I encouraged Joy with a smile.

“You really think that?” Joy’s face lit up.

“Yeah, Yixing is the only nice guy from Junmyeon’s group of friends, so don’t worry.” Joy had a crush on Yixing since the moment they were paired up at sport. Our school works a little bit different, the teachers think it’s better if the Juniors and Seniors are together at Sport and Literature, so unfortunately I have to share two classes with Junmyeon almost every day.

“Why are we talking about them? Why didn’t you greet me?” Jongdae pouted.

“I didn’t forget about you, don’t worry!” I laughed and hugged Jongdae.

“Mm, I like this.” He said with a smirk.

“I’ll chop off your .” I playfully glared at him as we pulled away.

“I’ll need in the future, so try not to.” He chuckled and patted my shoulder.

“Let’s just go to class.” I said laughing.

    The teacher walked in with a smile on his face, “Everyone, today we’ll talk about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.”

Baekhyun poked my side, since he was my seatmate in literature, “Yo, you’ve read it, right?”

“It’s my favourite book.” I answered smiling.

“Perfect, ‘cause I didn’t.” Baekhyun said with a cheeky smile, I rolled my eyes at him.

“When did you read something?”

“A long time ago.” He said proudly, I scoffed and focused on the teacher when a paper landed on my desk. I stared at it, knowing well it was from Junmyeon or one of his friends…I refused to open it, knowing well that there’s nothing inside. Baekhyun though took the note and opened it. I looked at his face, which turned angry. He turned around with a growl and glared at Junmyeon and his friends.

“Those motherers.” He murmured “They are asking for a fight.”

“Baekhyun” I held his hand “It’s not worth it.”

“How can you live with that !” He scoffed.

“I’m an too.” I said with a chuckle.

“Is there something wrong?” Mr. Min asked, his eyebrows raised at us.

“No, Mr. Min. Excuse us if we bothered the class.” I said looking down.

“No problem, Y/N. Next time pay attention, yes Baekhyun?”

“Yes, Mr. Min.” Baekhyun and I nodded.

“Y/N, last essay you said your favourite writer is Jane Austen. I suppose you know what happens in Pride and Prejudice?”

“Oh, yes Mr. Min. I know.” I answered smiling, getting excited.

“Could you describe Elizabeth to us, please?” Mr. Min smiled at me. I nodded and walked in front of class, Junmyeon’s friends snickered while he had an annoying smirk on his face. I took a deep breath and ignored them, focusing on Mr. Min and the rest of the class.

“Elizabeth is a young lady, who has a lot of pride. She’s very intelligent and likes to read a lot. She’s her father’s favourite daughter, since there are five sisters. While she’s her father’s favourite, her mother rather prefers Jane, the eldest and most beautiful girl of the family. I feel like Elizabeth always had a kind of rivalty with her mother, not listening to her fully, rather focusing on her father.

“Not only intelligent, she’s a very respectful person and puts accent on love and family. Even though her family is not perfect she still loves them and supports them. She’s very close to Jane out of all her sisters, they share everything with each other, they are inseparable.” I glanced at Junmyeon who was listening closely, not moving his gaze from me even when Jongin was trying to get his attention “I feel like Mr. Dracy is a man full with mysteries something that interguize Elizabeth and attracts her to him. Even if at the beginning they hated each other, both people full of pride and their ego’s too high to let the other win, they grew to fall in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter