Z. Yixing- Race Fast & Die Hard (2)

My One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Race Fast & Die Hard (2) Warnings: swearing, illegal racing The air was indeed freezing. I’ve been standing in the cold for at least half an hour. Sehun was beside me, talking to anyone who started a conversation with him. Kyungsoo was looking for Jongin and Baekhyun disappeared twenty minutes ago. I thought he’d stay with me, but guess I was ditched. Sehun sighed when a guy left, resting his arm around my waist.

“Finally, he’s so annoying.”

“Why?” I asked looking at him.

“He’s always trying to make bets with me and trying to get me to race with him.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Why don’t you just go?” I asked with a shrug.

“Because that guy is suicidal, everyone knows it. He’s always cheating, trying to eliminate the other by crashing his car in the other’s.” He said with a frown “And my cars are precious to me, so no—I’m not going to race that guy.”

“Has anyone raced him?” I asked, quiet curious about this guy.

“Yeah, one chick. Her name is Gayoon. She has the guts, but he almost made her have an accident. And if that would have happened, I—“ Sehun clenched his hands into fists.

“Oh, Sehunnie has a crush?” I sang, poking his cheek.

“No, I—actually, yeah. I like her.” He nodded, looking somewhere ahead. I followed his gaze, and it landed on a tall, slim girl…sitting on her car’s closed hood. Her car was a deep cherry color, neon green covering her tires. It was quiet the sight, she had dark long hair and bangs…I couldn’t see her eyes from here, but I’m sure she had beautiful eyes. To my surprise, and I think the only girl I’ve seen so far, she was dressed normally. She was wearing dark jeans, ripped at multiple places, a dark green crop top and a black jacket. She was beautiful.

“What are you waiting for then?” I exclaimed “She is beautiful, and I’m sure she’s a nice girl as well.”

“Uh, it’s not like that, Y/N—we have—it’s complicated. We always tease each other, and she is the only one who beat me until now.” He said with a small chuckle.

“Ah—I see—ego.” I chuckled with a small smirk.

“Kinda.” Sehun shrugged.

“Well—you’re a freaking idiot if you don’t go and get her—your loss.” I shrugged with a small smile.

“You—you know what. You’re right. I’d rather be turned down than regret it later.” Sehun said, standing tall, patting down his clothes.

“Go get her!” I pushed his back with a laugh and Sehun winked at me. I sighed, staring after the two with a small smile. If I were honest, I’d like to have a boyfriend. Someone who loves me and cares about me a lot.

“Y/N—“ I looked up, my breath catching in my throat.

“Yi—Yixing.” I greeted.

“Since when are you coming here?” He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Uh—this…is my first time.” I shrugged, tugging a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Huh, nice. Goodie is starting to behave bad.” He said with a smirk “It’s just more tempting.”

“Yixing—“ I glared at him “stop.”

“Don’t feel like it.” He took a drag of his cigarette.

“Whatever—what do you want?” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, I just saw you and thought it would be nice to greet you.” He took another drag of his cigarette and extended his hand towards me.

“I don’t smoke.” I pulled back a little bit.

“For me?” He raised one of his perfect eyebrows.

“Not even for you.” I smirked at him, was he thinking I would smoke because he was asking? Right…

“So—which of the idiots dragged you into this?” He asked with a chuckle.

“They are not idiots.” I glared at him “Baekhyun told me about it.”

“Ah, lover boy I see.” He chuckled and threw his cigarette on the ground.

“Got a problem with it?” I raised an eyebrow, irritated.

“Of course not, it’s not my problem what lover boy does.” He shrugged, I heard someone clearing his throat behind me. I looked behind me, Kyungsoo was glaring at Yixing his hands crossed in front of his chest.

“Yixing—you can leave now.” Kyungsoo said, his voice deeper than usual.

“Of course.” Yixing nodded with a smirk “I just made sure no one tries anything on Y/N.”

“I hope that includes you as well.” Kyungsoo said with a smirk.

“Ah—of course.” Yixing chuckled, he bit his lip while looking at me. Ugh, he was making me uncomfortable.

“See you.” Yixing winked and left with long steps.

“What did he want?” Kyungsoo asked with a frown.

“Nothing much, he said he saw me and wanted to greet me.” I shrugged, rubbing my cold thighs.

“Okay—are you cold?” Kyungsoo asked, following my hand movements with his eyes.

“A little bit. Baekhyun didn’t told me to bring somewhat normal clothes, so yeah—“ I shrugged.

“Take this.” He took off his black jacket and tied it around my waist, the jacket covering the front of my thighs.

“Oh—but you’ll be cold.” I tried taking off the jacket but Kyungsoo stopped me with one of his cute smiles.

“No, I’m not cold. Wear it—even though it looks funny.” He chuckled.

“As long I’m warm I don’t care, and thanks.” I smiled at him and felt relief when warmness wrapped around my thighs. Kyungsoo was standing tall, all dressed in black. Back jeans, a black high necked black sweater, his jacket on me.

“I’m back—sorry for leaving you Y/N!” Baekhyun jumped up from behind Kyungsoo, hugging me tightly.

“It’s fine.” I patted his back, he finally let me go.

“What are you wearing?” He asked scrunching his nose.

“I was cold—“ I pouted “so Kyungsoo gave me his jacket.”

“You could have asked for mine.” Baekhyun said with a pout.

“You weren’t here…” I rolled my eyes.

“Could have called me…” Baekhyun shrugged.

“Seriously?” I stared at Baekhyun.

“Yeah.” He shrugged, his voice an octave higher.

“Baekhyun…” I sighed, with a smile on my face “Anyways, where were you?”

“Doing business.” He said with a smug look, I raised my eyebrow at him, clearly not impressed.

“No, really. I discussed a few things with Jongdae and Minseok.”

“Minseok?” He was in Yixing’s gang, so what were Baekhyun and Jongdae doing with him.

“Yeah, Jongdae and Minseok are the coordinators of the races here.” Baekhyun explained.

“Jongdae gives the start, Minseok stays on the radio and checks for radars or policeman.”Baekhyun looked at me “You know—sometimes we have to run away because the cops find out, gets real those times.”

“You don’t tell me.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, anyways…my race is coming up.” Baekhyun smirked.

“Great, I’ll cheer for you.” I winked at him.

“Well that’s normal, wasn’t expecting anything else.” Baekhyun said smugly and I slapped his chest, making him laugh.

“I can still change my mind.”

“Don’t—and while I’m gone stay with Kyungsoo, okay?” Baekhyun held me by the shoulders.

“Yes, I know. And you be extra careful, yeah?” I furrowed my eyebrows, only now feeling the nervousness for Baekhyun.

“Of course, don’t worry about me.” He kissed my cheek and went to his car, getting inside roaring it to life. I took a deep breath, and looked at Kyungsoo.

“Don’t worry for him, he’s a really good racer.” Kyungsoo placed his hand on my shoulder, in a comforting manner.

“Yeah, I trust him.” I nodded, following the four cars with my eyes as they pulled up to the start line. Everyone cleared the road for them, standing behind the cars that weren’t racing.

“Welcome, everyone!” Jongdae spoke into a megaphone “I guess everyone knows what’s tonight’s race…in case if there are who don’t, tonight…four drivers, Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Jungkook and Yugyeom will be racing through the city and the finish line is here. Who gets back first wins, so…are you ready?” Everyone cheered around us loudly, Jongin shouting Baekhyun’s name…I guess they were used to this, but it was all new and weird for me. I quietly cheered for Baekhyun, Jongdae went between the two cars, to stand in between them. He raised a white and black flag, the megaphone at his mouth.

“Are you ready?” He shouted, the crowd cheered louder. The motors of the cars were getting louder, second by second.

“Race!” Jongdae waved the flag around him and the cars started with loud screeching. Baekhyun was second to leave and I cheered as loudly as I could. The crowd started running after the cars, Kyungsoo pulled me after him.

“What are we doing?” I asked, confused.

“We usually run after the cars left, you don’t have to if you don’t want to…but I can’t leave you alone.” He smiled, flashing a sorry face.

“Ah, alright.” I chuckled and ran by Kyungsoo’s side, not for long though. We stopped beside Jongdae, who was talking through a walkie-talkie.

“Hyung, everything clear for the boys?”

“So far, yeah…no problems.” Came Minseok’s answer.

“Y/N! Nice seeing you here!” Jongdae exclaimed, hugging me quickly.

“Hyung?” I asked raising my eyebrows “I didn’t knew you were that close to Minseok”

“Ah, yeah.” Jongdae chuckled “We are childhood friends.”

“Oh—that’s a surprise.” I exclaimed.

“You didn’t know?” Kyungsoo chuckled, very amused.

“Well, excuse me, but I don’t have coffee breaks with Jongdae every day to know about his life.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Sure, we should do that.” Jongdae chuckled “Excuse me, but I’ve got to get back to work.” And he walked away.

“Is Jongdae earning money from this as well?” I asked Kyungsoo.

“Yeah, him and Minseok are getting a pretty nice sum out of this.” Kyungsoo said with a grin.

“Nice, I should try it as well.” I joked, Kyungsoo looked at me with a glare.

“No.”

“No?” I asked laughing.

“No.” Kyungsoo shook his head.

“No.” I chuckled and walked after him.

    It’s been fifteen minutes, and the boys were nowhere. I tapped my leg anxiously, biting my nails. What if something happened to Baekhyun? What if he crashed? What—

“Y/N, that’s annoying.” Jongin sighed, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“I get it, okay? I’m just anxious, like—where the hell is he!” I exclaimed, pulling a little on my hair.

“It’s not that easy, Y/N. He won’t be back in five minutes, sometimes it takes half an hour.” Jongin shrugged “Depends on traffic and route.”

“Alright—sure, he’s done this many times. He’s fine, it’s all about the route—“ I mumbled to myself, this was really nerve wrecking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter