B. Baekhyun- Play or Die (Part1)

My One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     Play or Die      Warnings: cursing, violence

     I sighed as I tied up my long hair in a high ponytail. I ruffled my bangs, trying to make them messy. My white eye shadow was highlighting my brown orbs, the pink lipstick sitting perfectly on my lips. Yesterday, I had no plans on spending my evening like this...but when job calls you gotta do whatever you need to. A ‘co-worker’ of mine walked in and she gasped.

“I haven’t seen a woman pull off that look like you!” She exclaimed, running her fingers down my exposed shoulder.

“Uh, thanks” I said awkwardly, taking on the dark pink fur jacket.

“Wow, no wonder you were employed” She said with a chuckle, re-doing her blue make up.

“Oh please” I scoffed “You are way more gorgeous than I am”

“Look at yourself and speak after that!” She scoffed with a smile and changed her black pants to a very short blue skirt.

“Well, thank you” I thanked her shyly. I stared at myself in the mirror. I was forced into some fishnet stocking, a light blue short denim skirt and a baby pink crop top that could pass as a bra with a rope on the stomach. I must admit, I look hot as hell but this isn’t really what I usually wear. At least the fur jacket is covering something. I pulled on my high heels when Wendy, my ‘co-worker’, told me our shift starts in five minutes.

“So, you are pretty new here—”

“Very new, actually. It’s my first day” And last as well.

“Of course, it’s okay to be scared or nervous. I was too, but you’ll see it’s actually pretty fun. No man will be able to touch you, so you don’t have to worry. All you have to do is dance” She pulled on her black bomber jacket and smiled at me “Our boss might be a little—crazy—but he respects us and would never make us do something that is uncomfortable for us.”

“This boss—” I trailed off, waiting for her reaction but seeing none I continued “is the Joker, right?”

“Oh” Wendy exclaimed and laughed a little “He has many names, but, yes. He is the Joker. Don’t tell me you are afraid?”

“Oh, of course I’m not” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I wasn’t, why would I be? I just need to do my job and that’s it.

“Good thing” Wendy said with a grin “Because the girl whose place you took, used to dance in front of his special...I like calling it room, but it’s not really a room.”

“Why did I not know about this?” My eyes widened. I agreed to this job, of course...but no one told me I’ll have to be anywhere close to that crazy man! I’m killing Minseok tomorrow, he pretty much knew but said nothing.

“Jongin probably forgot to tell you” Wendy shrugged, heading for the door “Are you coming?” I nodded and secretly made a cross, I need all the forces not to up tonight. How the hell am I going to sneak away? Perfect, another reason to kill Minseok.

  One day ago

The office was busy and loud as always. Sehun, who was in a rush almost collided with me, spilling my coffee on me. I glared at his back as he stopped and threw an apologetic smile before continuing his rush.

“What the hell happened? Why is the office so hectic?” I asked my partner, Minseok, as I entered our small office.

“Don’t even ask, I already have a headache” He rubbed his forehead.

“Coffee?”

“No, thanks. It’s the Joker again” I stopped sipping on my coffee and looked at him curiously “I’m so fed up with his crazy already! Why can’t someone just already catch him?”

“Because—Despite him being crazy as hell, he is actually very smart and has outsmarted every single police officer?” I raised my eyebrows at Minseok, with a small teasing grin.

“God, don’t—” He sighed irritated “I almost got him then”

“Yeah, right” I rolled my eyes “If it wasn’t for me, you would be dead right now. I will never let you take another case that involves the Joker, got it?”

“I know, I know. But it’s not like—” I glared at Minseok as I cut him off.

“Anyways, what did he do this time?” I asked with a sigh, sitting down in my chair.

“Robbed a market, blew the whole place up and killed several passer by’s”

“Oh, I thought he did something more creative this time”

“How can you say that?” Minseok scoffed “He killed people, Y/N.”

“I’m sorry” I rolled my eyes “I’ve been working in this field for almost ten years by now, excuse me if the death of a few people leaves me cold”

“Don’t—Why you gotta be like that? Those were innocent lives! No one deserves to die like that, because a freaking sick man wants to kill ‘cause he thinks it’s funny!”

“Okay, you are right. I’m sorry”

“What’s with all this tension?” Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows, as he walked inside the office followed by Junmyeon and Kyungsoo.

“Anyways, don’t tell me, I’m not curious” Jongdae waved his hand in the air and I scoffed at him. Sometimes he could be such an arrogant brat “Junmyeon, the laptop” Junmyeon handed Jongdae the laptop, who gave it to me.

“What am I supposed to do with it?” I asked, placing it down on my desk.

“Open it, dumb ” Jongdae rolled his eyes “And watch” I glared at him as I opened the laptop. A paused video was displayed on the screen. I glanced at Minseok who nodded for me to play it. With a sigh I pressed the play button. It was a recording, from around midnight. It was from a smaller market, a long black haired guy was at the cashier, playing something on his phone. The door opened and a red fluffy haired guy walked into the market. He had a lollipop in his mouth and he walked around casually. I glanced at Jongdae who nodded towards the laptop. It was indeed the Joker. I sighed as I watched him walking around aimlessly, playing with the lollipop until he reached for something from his belt. I watched as he pulled out a dark green gun and smirked at it mischievously. He raised it in the air and shot in the ceiling. The cashier jumped, his phone falling to the ground. He glanced at the guy and his famous laughter was heard in the market. I shivered at the sound, something that sometimes haunted my dreams. The Joker walked towards some cans on the shelf as the cashier ran to the door, but the Joker’s voice stopped him.

“I wouldn’t do that” His voice was like honey, he turned around with a smirk “What a lovely night we have”

“What—What do you want?” The guy stuttered, fear clear on his face.

“Oh, just a can of coke” The Joker chuckled, raising the can in the air “You don’t mind if I don’t pay, right?”

“N-no, I-I can co-cover it for y-you.” The guy nodded.

“Oh, man. That’s so sweet!” The Joker exclaimed, taking a sip “I think I found a new buddy”

“Y-yes, if you want me I-I can be-be your buddy” The cashier chuckled, clearly still afraid as the Joker neared him.

“But—I already have many buddies” The Joker shrugged as he raised the gun to the guy’s head “Give me a reason I should let you be my buddy”

“I-I can do what-whatever you want m-me to. Please, just don’t kill me” The guy choked out, his whole body shaking.

“Oh man” The Joker closed his eyes “I really wanted to keep you, but—People who are afraid of death are cowards”

“Please—” There was a gunshot and the guy fell back. Blood was splattered on the Joker’s face. I gulped as I watched him sigh.

“Look at this” He exclaimed “He ruined my jacket!” He looked around for wet tissues mumbling things to himself. He placed the gun on the counter and whipped his face clean.

“Ah, for real!” He exclaimed, pushing the cash register to the ground angrily “I loved that jacket!” The door opened and a woman stopped in the doorway when she saw the dead man on the ground. Her eyes trailed to the Joker and she screamed.

“Hello, lovely lady” He chuckled, taking his gun “No need to be afraid” And she was dead just like the guy. The Joker turned around and started searching for something in the room. I felt my eyebrows furrowing. What was he doing? And just like that, it felt like his eyes locked with mine and I forgot how to breathe. He smirked and waved at the camera. His hand holding the gun slowly raised and he pointed it at the camera. The last thing I heard was his malicious and sick laughter, before the image went black. I slammed the laptop shut and looked up at the three guys standing before me.

“Well, you took it pretty well” Jongdae sighed “One guy started crying when he saw what happened”

“I’m—” I closed my eyes, re-opening them with a sigh “If you showed me this, it means you want something. What is it?”

“A spot at the Joker’s club was cleared” Kyungsoo spoke up, handing some files to me “And you are one of the best in this field, going undercover” I looked at the files, my eyes widening.

“Wait, you want me to work at the Joker’s club for one night, get information and catch him?” My voice raised a little bit. Jongdae glanced at Minseok, but Junmyeon beat him.

“You would be protected” He said “I already made sure that if you’ll work there tomorrow no one would lay a hand on you. You would be watched and if something happens you would be taken out from there in that moment. But we need you for this, Y/N”

“I—” I took a deep breath, ready to answer but Minseok was quick on his feet.

“I won’t allow this” He said annoyed “That man is crazy and he almost killed me once. I won’t let Y/N get close to him”

“I understand” Junmyeon said nodding “But if we catch him now, we won’t have any problems with him in the future”

“I’ll do it” I said, all four guys looked at me “I am the best in this field, you said it yourself. I am not afraid of him and he doesn’t know me. So, I’m in, just tell me when.”

“Tomorrow night” Jongdae said, taking the laptop and files “Kyungsoo will send you the information you need. Take care and call us anytime”

“Okay” The three boys left, leaving me alone with Minseok.

“I can’t believe you” Minseok said with a glare, looking through some files.

“I have to do this, it’s my job after all”

“You know what that man is capable of!” He exclaimed, glaring at me “I can’t lose you!”

“Nothing will happen, Minseok trust me! When did I ever make mistakes? I even saved your annoying !” I rolled my eyes “Everything will be just fine!”

“It better be true” He muttered, turning back to his files. I sighed, sipping from my now cold coffee.

  Current time

     The music was loud in the club as Wendy showed me around. It was a big club, and pretty packed but I kinda liked it? Of course I did, this was the Joker’s club, he made it so people would like it and come back. The lights were surprisingly pleasing to the eye, actually...everything was nice.

“Here we are!” Wendy shouted over the loud music, leaning against something like a cage. “Like I said, no one will touch you...They can only look” He chuckled as she opened the glass door and pushed me inside gently. It felt weird, it was like I was at some exhibition displayed for other people. At least they couldn’t touch me like this. This thing I was placed into was very small, really...some chains were inside and I stared at them. I jumped when someone knocked on the glass. Wendy laughed at me as she motioned to start dancing. I smiled at her unsure and started slowly swaying my hips. Wendy winked at me and walked away, she was the bartender. I started dancing, following the rhythm of the music. It was actually nice, it’s been a while since I’ve been to a club. I raised my hands in the air, circling my hips in a sensual way. I chuckled at myself as I enjoyed every moment. A guy stopped in front of the glass instead of walking away and I smiled at him. Sehun winked at me then continued walking. Junmyeon kept his word, I saw Kyungsoo and now Sehun passed by too. I was safe, besides it’s not like I can’t take care of myself. I smirked as I made eye contact with a guy sitting at a table. He was drinking something, a smirk on his lips when he lowered the glass. I my lips, my hands on the glass behind me as I descended slowly all while swaying my hips. The guy seemed like he chuckled and nodded at me before turning around. I pouted, was I really that bad? I mean, after all...I’m a cop and not some kind of dancer. I shrugged and started making random moves, laughing at myself. People who were looking probably thought I was crazy. Suddenly, there was a commotion at the entrance of the door and a loud laughter was heard. I stopped moving, knowing too well that laughter. I glanced at Wendy who wasn’t phased, she was making some weird purple drink. I saw Kyungsoo staring at the Joker intently, while Sehun kept dancing with the girl he picked up but he was watching me. I nodded at him, and glanced back at Wendy. She smiled and winked at me, a sign that I should keep dancing. I took a deep breath and started dancing again, watching the Joker secretly. He moved to the bar, two girl clinging to him while other two followed him. He laughed when on kissed his neck, but pushed her away. The girl pouted, but soon looked to the ground when the Joker glared at him. He made a hand movement and all the girls left, leaving him alone at the bar. He leaned over and kissed Wendy’s cheek, taking the purple drink. So the drink was for him. Wendy smiled as she spoke with him, but he suddenly turned around. The Joker’s eyes landed on me and I felt the air leaving my lungs. His stare was menacing, deep as he checked out my whole body. I gulped as suddenly I felt nervous and turned around, deciding it was best if I avoid eye contact. I took a deep breath and ignored the feeling of someone watching me intently, starting to make body rolls. I caught Sehun’s gaze, who looked worried but nonetheless smirked at me as he kissed the girl’s neck. I rolled my eyes at him, he was always a tease. I slowly pealed off my jacket as I stared at him with a smirk, circling my hips as I raised my hands in the air. Kyungsoo passed in front of the glass, glaring at me, a look that said I should focus on my job not play around with Sehun. I chuckled as I turned around, circling my head as my hands travelled down my body. However, I jumped when I was met with brown orbs and a smirk. The Joker was staring at me with a smirk, standing close to the glass the purple drink still in his hand. His red hair was gelled, parted at the middle, falling perfectly in every place, a few messy strands on his forehead. There was a light brown eye shadow on his eyes, making them look sharper. His lips were plumper than I thought they’d be. A black choker on his neck, a simple gentle golden chain sitting on his chest, which was on full display since the red jacket he wore did little to cover it and he wasn’t wearing anything underneath. The wide black belt at his waist was strapped together by a white and red binding. His brown pants fit perfectly on his legs, sitting perfectly on his full thighs. I wanted to kick myself when I realized I was checking him out. I shouldn’t be checking him out, I’m here to catch him and arrest him. His smirk widened, well aware that I just checked him out. He raised his glass in the air before he walked to his special ‘room’, as Wendy called it. I huffed, closing my eyes for a moment as I started dancing again, making sure my back was to him. I don’t need to know he is watching me, even though I’m well aware that’s what he’s doing. I just focused on anything else as I danced.

It felt like ages passed when Wendy finally came to tell me my shift was over. Dancing all the night in those heels in that freaking glass thing, let me tell you something...If Jongdae ain’t giving me more money for this I’m flipping his office, it’s hard as hell! I can’t feel my feet!

“Are you okay?” Wendy asked laughing as she prepared some flavoured juice since I told her I don’t drink.

“My feet are dead” I groaned, as I took the drink from her.

“You did better than the girl before you. She started complaining after an hour, didn’t stay in that glass box for almost four hours, Y/N” Wendy chuckled.

“What was I supposed to do?” I exclaimed “Besides, he was watching me”

“Ah, he usually watches the girl dancing in that box” Wendy shrugged “But, I can tell he already likes you.”

“Likes me? How would you know that?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“I’ve been working for him quite a while. Jongin and I are his oldest employees” Wendy smiled “And thanks to that, I can tell he likes you”

“Well, I don’t want to be liked by him” I said rolling my eyes, finishing my drink “This is just a job, everything stops there”

“Of course” Wendy nodded sternly “I understand that”

“So, am I free to go now?” I asked standing up.

“Sure, you can stay more though...you know, have fun” She shrugged, a playful smile on her lips.

“Thanks, but I’d rather sleep right now” I chuckled as I waved at her. Wendy nodded with a smile and I made my way to the changing room. However, once inside I fished out my phone and dialed Kyungsoo’s number.

“Yes?” His deep voice was loud in the phone, due to the loud music from outside “I’ll go to a quieter place, hang on”

“Okay” I muttered as I placed a gun in my skirt, taking back on the fur jacket, hiding the gun.

“Shoot” Kyungsoo muttered, as the music was muffled “I’m in the washroom, so hurry”

“My shift is over” I informed him “So I’m heading to his room”

“Be careful and don’t take what’s not necessary, okay?” He muttered lowly.

“Just the stick that contains all his bank transfers and illegal actions?”

“Yeah, it’s in the second drawer in his desk” Kyungsoo sighed “Be careful and fast, please”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got this” I smiled as I made my way out the dressing room, making sure no one was in the hallway when I made my way upstairs where the Joker’s mini mansion was.

“Sehun will be close, call if anything happens”

“Can I kill?” I asked innocently.

“Y/N—”

“Okay, sorry, I know.” I rolled my eyes “I’m going now, bye” Kyungsoo hang up and I smirked as I saw this floor wasn’t protected. But then why would it be? The stairs led directly to the mini mansion. Stupid move to do. I looked around, the place was nice. Wide windows giving a nice view to the city. The place was dark so I fished out my phone and used it as light source. I passed the kitchen and looked around in the living room, but I found nothing in his desk’s drawer. I sighed as I walked inside his bedroom. The room was bigger than any room in the mini mansion. It had red and green combined, starting from his sheets to his furniture. It was actually pretty pleasing, I smiled at I walked up to his black desk. It should be in here. The room smelled nice though, something like lavender combined with some cologne...if it was his cologne, it smelled nice...very nice actually. I shook my head at the thoughts and opened the drawer, being met with a small black stick.

“Bingo” I muttered as I took it and headed for the door. However, my steps faltered when I saw light coming from the living room. , who is here? I took a deep breath and put on a confused face.

“Hello?” I called out innocently.

“Who are you?” The guy asked alarmed, turning around with a gun pointed at me.

“Please don’t shoot me!” I raised my hands in the air “I’m new here and got lost!”

“You are new?” His eyebrows furrowed before his face lit up “You are Y/N?”

“Uh, who’s asking?” I chuckled quietly. The guy with plump lips laughed as he put away his gun.

“Sorry for scaring you, my name is Jongin. I assume you are Y/N” He said walking closer.

“Oh, well Jongin...that’s right, I’m Y/N” I smiled at him sweetly.

“Nice to meet you”

“You too” I chuckled “I think I should leave, I wasn’t even supposed to be here, right?”

“Oh no, you weren’t” He chuckled with a smirk “But since it’s your first day here, I’ll let it slip”

“Thank you, Jongin” I smiled at him flirty, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, see you around” He winked as he stepped aside, letting me leave. Before exiting, I turned around and waved at him with a grin.

“Kyungsoo, I’m done” I muttered in the phone as I descended quickly the stairs.

“Okay, Sehun will meet you at the bar. I will be at the back waiting for you” He muttered and I heard shuffling. I hang up, practically barging in the changing room. I quickly changed into my ripped jeans, black sweater and let my hair fall freely on my shoulder. I placed the gun in my bag, stuffing the stick in my back pocket. I quickly made my way to the bar where Sehun was leaning against it, smiling at Wendy who was saying something to him.

“Oh, Y/N!” Sehun exclaimed when he saw me.

“Sehun” I smiled at him as I stopped in front of him.

“For the show” He muttered as he lowered his head “Besides, it was really annoying watching the Joker stare at you lustfully all night” I chuckled, however it was muffled by Sehun’s lips. I kissed back, him biting my lower lip. I pulled away with a smile and patted his chest.

“Wendy, we’ll be leaving” I winked at her, as she stared at us wide eyed.

“Oh, sure!” She laughed awkwardly “Bye!”

“Bye!” I pulled Sehun after me as he waved at Wendy. I accidently made eye contact with the Joker on our way outside, he was smirking at me with a very amused expression.

We stopped beside Kyungsoo’s black car as he climbed outside.

“Can we go?” He asked, extending his hand. I handed him the stick and nodded.

“Yeah, can you drop me off?” I asked with a sigh.

“Sure” He nodded, putting the stick away.

“And Sehun—” I glared at him “don’t kiss me like that again, okay?”

“So, I’ll have more occasions to kiss you?” He smirked as he raised an eyebrow.

“Sehun!”I glared at him “If it would be after me, no. But unfortunately it’s not”

“Thanks god Jongdae likes me” He chuckled as he climbed inside the car.

“Yeah, you are lucky, ” I muttered, climbing in as well. Kyungsoo chuckled as he climbed in and started the car.

“Next time, you can kiss me” He said with a shrug.

“Sure, can’t wait” I smirked at Sehun as I answered Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo laughed when Sehun glared at the both of us.

I sighed contently as I massaged my scalp. It was warm in the bathroom due to my long hot shower. I quickly rinsed off the shampoo, climbing out of the shower and drying my body. Since I plan on watching some drama before going to bed, I planned a simple outfit. I pulled on the black shorts and took on my light blue shirt that reached my mid thighs. I dried my hair as well as I could with the towel, being too lazy to actually dry it and walked to my kitchen making some popcorn. I was humming a random song as I leaned against my counter, checking my Instagram. Just because I’m a cop does not mean I don’t have a social life or Instagram. I sent a message to my best friend, Joy, telling her the mission went well and that I’m home planning on watching TV before going to bed. She didn’t answer right away like she would usually do, but that’s okay, it was already late at night. Just as the popcorn was done, someone knocked on my front door. My eyebrows furrowed as I straightened up and slowly made my way to it, taking my gun with me.

“Coming” I called as I neared the door. Maybe it was Sehun, there were times when he was bored so he came over and we watched TV together and fell asleep on my couch cuddling, it was something we were already used to. Still, I kept the gun just to be sure. But as I cracked the door open it was forcefully pushed and a man stepped inside. Before I could raise my gun at him, a needle pierced my neck, some cold liquid being injected into me. My gun dropped from my hands as I stared at the guy, suddenly dizzy. He was that guy—the one—that smirked and turned away.

“Why—Who—are you?” I mumbled as I lost my balance. The guy was quick and caught me in his arms.

“Goodnight, sweetie” He muttered close to my ear before everything went black.

  I felt someone pushing my leg continuously. I groaned as I felt a sting in my neck. I wanted to move my hands but I couldn’t. What was happening? I rose my head as I groaned again, only to be met with darkness when I opened my eyes.

“What’s this?” I muttered, moving my hands more forcefully, only to realize that I was tied down to a chair. Amazing, I groaned as I rolled my eyes. Some stupid weirdo decided to kidnap me! Wait, wasn’t the guy—the guy from the club! That means—are you kidding me? I was kidnapped by the Joker’s men…

     The lights were , but as I closed my eyes due to the strong light I felt a strong blow on my jaw, making me turn my head in the other direction. I spit out the blood and slowly turned my head back. I came face to face with the smirking guy from the club, who was smirking now too and Jongin, who was glaring hard at me, his arms crossed in front of his chest. I smirked at him as I made eye contact with him, but soon was slapped again by the other guy.

“Is that all you’ve got?” I asked with a chuckle, as I turned back to him, shaking my head in order to shake off the hair from my face. The guy hissed, his arm in the air again but we heard a laughter, way too familiar, and humming followed it. The guy straightened, stepping aside, Jongin doing the same. I was met with the Joker, still in the same clothes, his hair messier than earlier.

“That’s enough, my buddy, Yixing” He said, his voice deep. The smirking guy, Yixing, nodded.

“We shouldn’t hurt a lady”

“Define lady” I muttered at him, with a glare. He started laughing loudly, holding himself up against Jongin.

“You are funny! I like you!” He exclaimed, his eyes wide. I scoffed, pulling on the ropes keeping my hands tied.

“I have a question” His eyebrows furrowed as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter