Final Performances and Final Decisions

The Fool & The Dancing Bear

It’s three hours before Bobby is finally able to slide down onto the floor, laying on his back and panting. He feels something hit his arm and he tilts his head, eyes falling on a water bottle. He looks up to see Jaewook, YG’s resident choreographer, grinning down at him.

“Have a drink and then come over here and we’ll watch you.”

Bobby nods and reaches an exhausted arm across his chest to for the bottle. He just holds it for a moment against his neck, closing his eyes and trying to get his heart rate to calm down a little. He’s just finished a dance evaluation with Jaewook, his potential contract with YG hanging in the balance. He’s not sure what to expect. On one hand, he did much better than he expected to. It had been a little daunting at first, all the moves bombarding his brain. He somehow managed to pick them up and remember them, but all the same, he’s afraid of hearing what Jaewook has to say.

He slowly pushes himself up and uncaps the bottle, draining half in one go.

Is he really ready to do this full time? Is he physically able to do this full time? Three hours in and he already feels like he’s dying.

“Come on Bobby, get over here,” Jaewook calls to him, sitting on the bench across the room and watching him with a grin. Bobby grins back at him and somehow manages to push himself up to his feet. He collapses down next to Jaewook on the bench, eyes on the tablet Jaewook’s holding.

They watch the video of Bobby’s dancing, and it feels surreal to see himself on a screen doing those moves. Watching it gives him something of a second wind, because he’s shocked to see that he actually looks good. He doesn’t look like someone who’s being given a class for the first time. He might not look like a professional, but he looks good. The video ends and he turns to Jaewook, feeling a bit more confident.

Jaewook puts the tablet down and turns to face him. “How do you think you did?”

Bobby can’t help but feel nervous at the question. “I think I did okay for my first time, right?” He’s desperate to hear something positive.

“You think you did okay?” Jaewook repeats back at him, and the look on his face makes Bobby even more nervous. He bombed it, didn’t he?

Jaewook shakes his head and Bobby’s heart plummets straight into the floor. Had he really been that bad?

“I’ll give you my honest opinion,” Jaewook says, and Bobby isn’t sure he’s ready to hear it, isn’t sure he can handle the disappointment right now, “I don’t think you did okay.”

There it is. He’s blown his chance. It’s kind of funny, really, how he’s been totally undecided until right this second about whether or not he was actually going to go for it, but the second he’s told that he’s failed his brain decides that the only thing in the world he wants is to pass and join the group. How can he look Hanbin in the eye after this, knowing how close he was?

“I think you did really good. You far exceeded my expectations, to be honest. You picked the moves up faster than I thought you would, and you looked good for only three hours in.”

Bobby isn’t sure he’s heard him correctly. He looks at him with an open-mouthed expression, shocked at what he’s just said.

“So, I passed?” He asks, clutching the water bottle tightly.

Jaewook smiles back at him. “You passed. However I will say that while you’re good, you’re definitely not good enough to dance with the group yet.”

Bobby’s excitement dials back a little, but the important thing is that he passed the evaluation. That’s the beginning. “Do you think I’ll get good enough?”

Jaewook nods slowly. “Physically speaking, you have the necessary tools to get good enough. But it’s not just physical. You need the mental strength to get through this, you need to commit yourself to practicing twelve hours a day. It’ll be exhausting and you’ll probably feel like dying, but that’s the only way you’ll improve enough in time to be added.”

Bobby nods and feels nervous again. Twelve hour days of dance practice. He’s already dead after three. Can he go for that long? Is it possible?

“I’ve heard that you and Hanbin are friends, but I want to make sure that you’re aware of the type of leader he is.” That gets Bobby’s attention and he focuses back on Jaewook, who looks serious. “He’s very strict, Bobby. Hanbin is definitely one of the best trainees I’ve ever worked with, he’s honestly a machine when it comes to dance. He’s going to be on you like a hawk, critiquing everything you do. So you need to be ready for that, you need to take the criticism and not let it upset you.”

Bobby nods, not surprised at the warning. But Bobby knows Hanbin, he knows that what he wants is the best for his team. He won’t accept the group looking bad because of one person. It’s not personal, it’s just what a leader has to do. But even though he’s tough, Bobby’s seen for himself how much Hanbin’s members love him, he’s seen the fondness in all of their eyes when they look at each other. Hanbin might be tough, but it doesn’t seem like any of the others take it personally or hold a grudge against him.

Bobby’s certain he can do the same. He can handle Hanbin at his worst, because he’s seen him at his best, and he’s worth it.


Hanbin is feeling anxious on his way up to Yang’s office. He’s been called in for a meeting by himself to discuss the direction the company is going to be taking with his group. He’s nervous about it, because Yang hasn’t told him what the direction is. He’s terrified they’re going to go the vocal group split and that Hanbin will be left on his own.

He texts Bobby about it before leaving the training room, but so far Bobby hasn’t texted him back. Hanbin wishes he would, because he desperately needs something to calm his nerves.

The elevator ride up is horrible, he feels like throwing up. If they had found a replacement for Seungjae, wouldn’t Yang have told him? “Hey, we found someone for your group, want you to come give your opinion before we move forward.” Wouldn’t that have been the message? Not “We need to talk about your team.”

He steps out of the elevator and takes a few deep breaths to calm himself down. Whatever is about to happen is going to happen, and it will be out of his hands. He’s admitted into YG’s office and it’s just himself and the CEO. He wishes his team were here, but at the same time he’s relieved they’re not.

Yang offers him a seat and Hanbin takes it and tries to relax. But he’s so nervous that his jaw is set tightly and his shoulders are squared. He’s expecting the worst.

“As you know, we’ve been looking for a replacement for your group,” Yang starts, and Hanbin nods but doesn’t speak, “we believe we’ve found one.”

Hanbin’s face goes suddenly slack with surprise. They found a replacement already? They found him a second rapper? As much as he knows that he needs it, he’s suddenly wary and concerned and feeling overly protective of his team. How can they just pick someone without consulting him? His team is in a delicate place right now.

Yang’s got a smile on his face, though, which is rare, and it makes Hanbin feel uneasy. Is it because Yang is relieved to have replaced Seungjae, who he never liked to begin with?

“I wanted to discuss it with you before introducing him to the other members.”

Before introducing him. So the decision has already been made? Does he even get a say? He nods and hopes he doesn’t look too upset. He’s supposed to want this. He’s supposed to be excited to find a second so his group can stay together.

“Hanbin-ah, you look a little upset,” Yang says teasingly, and Hanbin panics a little, his heart racing in his chest, “I understand this is a difficult situation for you. Despite my opinions of Seungjae, I know you were close, and I want you to know that I take that seriously. But I believe this decision will be for the best, and I believe you’ll agree with me once you meet him.”

Hanbin’s confused by the time Yang finishes, but he doesn’t have time to question anything because Yang’s calling for his secretary to let the new member in. Hanbin takes a deep breath to steel himself before turning to greet the new person, because he should be welcoming, shouldn’t he? He should be friendly, and he should be pleased.

But in the split second he has he can’t help but feel angry, and disappointed, and determined to not go easy on the new guy, to not help him out, to make him fight for his place, to make him work his twice as hard as even the newest guys, to put him at the bottom of the ladder, to make him question his right to even attempt to join the group. He’ll be polite, he’ll greet him nicely, but he’s not going to smile. He’s not going to put him at ease. He has to make this new guy walk on eggshells for the next few weeks.

But then he stands up and turns around and his breath catches in his throat. He feels like his heart is about to explode. He feels like there’s no way this can be real. There’s no way.

Because there, standing nervously before him, hands clasped behind his back, lips forming a hesitant smile, is Bobby.

Hanbin can’t do anything but stare, and it’s not until Bobby’s smile falters just a fraction that Hanbin breaks out of his shell shock and surges forward, wrapping tight arms around Bobby’s back. Bobby hugs him back and Hanbin can feel the tension releasing from Bobby’s frame, and they just hug each other for what must seem like an absurdly long time to Yang.

But Yang waits and when Hanbin finally turns to face him, Yang’s wearing a tight-lipped smile. Hanbin grins back at him and doesn’t even try to contain his joy.

“I take it then I thought right, did I?” Yang asks him, and Hanbin laughs before confirming it. “We’ve given Bobby a full evaluation before offering the contract, because you know that I value your group’s ability to perform at a high level. While he has some work to do on his level of dancing ability, Jaewook believes he will catch up quickly. And he needs to catch up, because we’ll be announcing him before the live shows for Mix & Match. He will be performing at those, and I expect him to be fully integrated into the group performance.”

Hanbin sobers up at that. It really doesn’t give them much time.

“I’ve explained to him already what I expect, and the level of work this will require. But this is not only on him, but also on you. This your group, Hanbin. You will personally ensure he is ready for those shows. If he’s lacking, that will be your fault.”

“Of course, sajangnim,” Hanbin replies, serious expression, “I’ll personally oversee it. I’ll make sure he’s ready.”

Yang nods and smiles finally. “I look forward to seeing your combination. Prepare a group performance for two weeks from now, and we’ll evaluate then.”

They don’t discuss much more after that, and Yang lets them go. Hanbin’s floating as they leave the office, and they’re still attached as they get into the elevator together.

Bobby stands next to Hanbin and all of the nerves and anxiety he’d been feeling are gone. For a split second he’d been afraid that Hanbin wasn’t happy with the decision, but when the shock passed Bobby had seen the excitement in his eyes before he’d lunged at him, arms tight around his back. That hug had taken all the tension from him.

Hanbin’s leaning against him now, arms around his back and head leaning against his shoulder, like he can’t stand on his own. Bobby thinks it’s cute.

“You okay?” He asks, and grins when Hanbin finally stands up straight.

“Yeah, I was just really nervous,” Hanbin replies, “I wasn’t even sure what the meeting was for. I still thought he might split my group up, and then he just says he’s got a new member for me, and I was actually angry that he hadn’t asked for my opinion.”

Bobby grins and tightens his arm around Hanbin’s shoulders. “I’m sorry I hid it from you, he wouldn’t let me say anything.”

Hanbin grins and looks at him. “I’ll remember that, by the way. Make you pay for keeping secrets.”

Bobby pouts but really, it’s fine. It still hasn’t settled in completely that it’s official. He’s here in the YGE building, on an elevator with Hanbin under his arm. They’re together, and they’re going to be together for the foreseeable future. It’s enough to make him smile and hug Hanbin tighter again.

“Hey, I should warn you,” Hanbin suddenly says, “I’m kind of a hardass on the group. I don’t want to blindside you during a practice.”

“I know,” Bobby replies with a smile, “Jaewook hyung told me when I had my dance eval with him. He said that you make the guys cry.”

“He said what?!” Hanbin exclaims, looking at him with a shocked expression.

Bobby grins back at him and winks. “I know how hard it’s gonna be, I watched your other program, watched it twice, actually. I know you’re tough, but I also know that the guys all still adore you anyway, so you can’t be that bad. And I know you only do it because you want everyone to look good. I also know that I’m going to be lagging behind at first, and it’s your job to make me better. So if you’re tough on me, it’s okay, because I know you when you’re not tough.”

“Are you sure you can handle that?” Hanbin asks, because suddenly he’s thinking about having to integrate someone into the group with even less dance training than the other new guys, “I mean, I have to be extra hard on you, because the other guys are all fighting for a spot and you’re being handed one, without all the years of training they’ve had.”

“I know.” Bobby answers, serious and respectful.

“It’s bound to make a lot of fans unhappy,” Hanbin goes on, “not just Seungjae’s fans, but everyone’s. You need to be ready for that backlash too.”

“I know,” Bobby replies, “trust me, I’ve thought about that a lot, and I’m ready to accept it. But I want this, Hanbin, I promise I do. Growing up in ia, I never thought I’d really be able to do music as a job. And I know there might be a lot of things we have to do that I might not like, but I like rapping and I like performing, and I like you, and I like your members. I think that stuff will make everything else okay.”

Hanbin feels touched by his comments and his eyes meet Bobby’s, and he can see how serious he is. He knows Bobby isn’t only doing it for him. He’s doing it for the security too, for the money, for his family. Hanbin hopes that his story will make the fans accept him more easily. Bobby’s a good guy, he’ll be sweet to the fans regardless.

“When are you moving in?” Hanbin asks.

“In a week, literally the day after Show Me The Money is over.” Yang allowed him to stay at his aunt’s in order to keep his head on the final, though he’s expected to begin a light training routine immediately. Only six hours a day instead of all day.

“We’ll be rooming together,” Hanbin says, grinning when Bobby smiles, “but Junhoe’s in our room too.”

“The loud one?” Bobby asks, and Hanbin nods.

“Yeah, that one. Well provided he makes the team, which I’m sure he will. He’s kind of a slob, though, so I hope that won’t irritate you too much.”

Bobby grins at him. “To be honest I’m not as organized as my room would have you believe,” he begins, and he laughs when Hanbin frowns, “my aunt makes me keep my space clean.”

Hanbin sighs and shakes his head. “I guess you had to have some fault in you; just keep my bed clean is all I ask.”

“I will do my best to keep my stuff at least somewhat organized,” Bobby promises, and he tightens his arm around Hanbin’s shoulders. The elevator opens on the bottom floor and Bobby follows Hanbin out, not sure where they’re going. As they pass a door he sees the words “Training Room” in black letters.

“The others are in one of the rooms here,” Hanbin explains, and he knows there’s a camera crew waiting inside, because they’ve started to film everything they do again. He pauses outside the closed door, and he can hear the others inside. His heart’s beating wildly in his chest, he’s nervous even though he knows he doesn’t have to be. They all like Bobby, so he’s sure they’ll be happy. It won’t be the frosty reception the new guys got, because this is an emergency situation.

Bobby stops next to him outside the door and waits, his eyes on Hanbin. He’s got his right hand on his chest, tapping over his heart, and Bobby can sense the sudden onset of nerves.

“Do you want to go in and talk to them first, without me?” Bobby asks, because he thinks it might be better that way, if Hanbin can at least prepare them.

Hanbin looks at him and nods, feels grateful to him for suggesting it. “I’ll come get you.” But before he leaves Hanbin wraps him in a tight hug, his face snug against Bobby’s neck, his lips pressing lightly to his skin. Bobby wonders if there are cameras in the hallways.

Hanbin pulls back and Bobby moves out of sight of the door and watches as Hanbin enters the room. The other go quiet and he waits in the hallway, his own nerves gnawing at his stomach.

This is going to go okay, isn’t it? He’s met them all, spent a few hours in their company. They all know how close he and Hanbin are. But then he has the terrible thought that maybe that will cause a problem. Maybe he was fine when he wasn’t part of the team, but will that change now?

It’s an agonizing wait for Hanbin to reappear, sitting by himself in the hall. Things are going to change for him in the most drastic of ways starting in a week’s time. They’re already changing now, and he’s glad for the week’s reprieve from a full training schedule.

Hanbin’s still a bundle of nerves when he steps into the room, the full array of cameras over in the corner. He focuses on s, who all go quiet when he enters. His eyes find Jinhwan’s and he must look nervous because Jinhwan immediately rushes to him, standing before him and grabbing his hands. His strong grip gives Hanbin a boost of confidence.

“I just had a meeting with Yang sajangnim, as you know,” Hanbin begins, and they all crowd around him, waiting for his elaboration, “and I have some news.”

“Did they find a second rapper for us?” Jinhwan asks, because he knows about the other possibilities, and he’s equally as terrified for them.

Hanbin meets his eyes then and finally cracks a smile. “Yes, they did. He’s outside in the hall, but I wanted to warn you before I bring him in.”

The others all seem somewhat relieved, and that makes Hanbin feel better. But Jinhwan grips his hands again and draws his attention.

“Are you happy?” Jinhwan whispers, and Hanbin feels touched at his concern.

“Very.” He replies with a smile. Jinhwan gives him that look, the questioning one that Hanbin has come to know so well over time. Hanbin just smiles back at him still, before letting go of his hands and heading to the door. Just as he touches the handle he feels his usual playfulness come back. “Everyone close your eyes!” He instructs, and turns to look at them. Despite the nerves everyone plays along.

He open the door and sees Bobby standing against the wall and his heart swells up about ten sizes in his chest until he can barely breathe. But it’s not nerves now—he’s just happy. He reaches out and touches Bobby’s arm, all smiles when Bobby looks at him with wide eyes.

“We’re ready for you.” Hanbin smiles when Bobby grabs his hand, his palm sweaty from how nervous he is. Hanbin squeezes his fingers reassuringly, because he knows, in that moment, that everything will be okay. After weeks of confusion and uncertainty about the future, Bobby is his now.

Correction.

Bobby is theirs now. It’s just on Hanbin to smooth the transition. He knows it will go over well, he saw the relief on everyone’s face that their team, whoever is selected to it in the end, will stay as seven and not be separated further. Any problems that come up, he can handle them. Because he’s doing it for them, and they’re worth it. s, the fans, and now Bobby. He’s lucky to have all of them.

He leads Bobby into the room and everyone still has their eyes closed and for some reason it makes Hanbin feel ridiculously affectionate for them all. They follow him no matter how stupid his request is.

He positions Bobby right in front of them and takes a moment to see them all together. Bobby fits. He looks like he’s supposed to be here, and it makes Hanbin’s throat get a little tight.

“Okay, open your eyes now.”

The response is immediate and it’s everything he hoped for—disbelieving shouts of joy.

“Bobby hyung?!” Donghyuk is the first one to shout, surging forward with a smile on his face a mile wide, enveloping Bobby in a hug that soon everyone else joins in on. Everyone except Hanbin, who just watches with the happiest look on his face.

Junhoe is the first one to back away, and he fixes Hanbin with an expression that almost looks a little annoyed. Hanbin grins (because he knows Junhoe, and he’s certain he knows exactly what he’s thinking).

“Do I really have to share a room with the two of you?” Junhoe whispers in his ear, and Hanbin can’t help but laugh.

“Don’t worry, you’re safe while the cameras are up,” Hanbin whispers back, and even though he’s fighting it, Hanbin can see him grin, and if Junhoe weren’t trying to keep up appearances he’d probably be giggling by now. They stand together and watch as the others slowly peel off of Bobby, and Hanbin is happy when he sees how big Jinhwan’s smile is. Their eyes meet for a second and Hanbin can see the relief in Jinhwan’s expression. It’s touching.

But Hanbin looks at the cameras then, and he’s aware as always that they have a show to film. “So how about we get a display from Bobby on his dancing?” Hanbin suggests, grinning when Bobby looks at him with panic in his eyes. “What did he teach you?” Hanbin asks.

“6 foot 7 foot,” Bobby replies, suddenly nervous with the cameras around (and the others, of course, because he remembers Jaewook’s words about his need for improvement).

“I’ll dance with you if it’ll make you less nervous, Bobby hyung,” Donghyuk offers, “might help you remember the moves too if you go blank.”

Bobby smiles back at Donghyuk, touched by his offer. He’s a sweet kid, Bobby remembers that from their night at his aunt’s.

“Okay, I really appreciate that. Because I’ll probably forget everything,” Bobby jokes, and they all grin at him.

“That’s okay,” Hanbin replies, his eyes twinkling, “you have a week to get used to it.”

Bobby meets his gaze and wonders if Hanbin’s joking or not. But then it doesn’t really matter. He knows he has catching up to do, and he’s fine with that. They’ll help him out, he can feel it in the way they’re all being so supportive. It won’t be that bad.


“So guess what?”

Bobby cracks an eye open and looks up to see Hanbin peering over him. He’s torn between joy and irritation, because all he wants to do right now is fall asleep, right here on the training room floor.

“This better be good.”

Hanbin laughs at him and sits down with crossed legs. “Sajangnim wants me to go watch the final,” Hanbin tells him, “he wants to send a camera man to catch your victory celebration so we can work it into the show.”

Bobby brightens up at that, because he’s been switching between excitement and nerves for the final, and right now he’s settled on extreme nerves. Having Hanbin there will be a calming presence, he’s sure of it. But on the other hand… What if he loses? Are they still going to want footage? Or will he disappoint everyone?

“Don’t be too nervous,” Hanbin says to him, reaching out to lay a hand on his arm, “win or lose you made it to the final, and that’s a huge accomplishment for someone that no one knew. I just wanted to tell you how proud I am.”

Bobby feels touched by the comment, it makes his eyes tear up unexpectedly. “Thanks.” He can’t bring himself to say much else, but Hanbin understands.

“I also wanted to say that you’re doing well with the training,” Hanbin continues, “I know it’s really tough on you, you’re not used to working so hard with these kinds of hours. But you’re doing a good job, really. I wanted to make sure you knew that.”

Bobby fumbles around until he finds Hanbin’s hand, gripping it tightly. “Thanks, Hanbin. That means a lot.”

“Any time, hyung,” Hanbin replies, “at least until I judge that you’re up to a higher standard. Then I’ll crack down on you.”

Bobby looks at him and pouts, which makes Hanbin laugh, and Bobby loves seeing that look on his face, the one packed full of affection and good humour. It melts his heart every time.


There’s a knock at the door and a second later it opens just a tiny bit, and Bobby looks up to see Hanbin’s head popping in through the opening. Bobby can’t help but smile.

“Can we film for a few minutes?” Hanbin asks, and Bobby looks at the other two, but they’re already waving him in. It’s weird, having two sets of cameras on him. But Hanbin explained that they’ve already smoothed it over with Mnet, who will be showing their survival program. The camera man follows Hanbin into the room and sets up his gear, and Bobby moves over to make room for Hanbin on the couch next to him. He’s not really sure what they’re supposed to be filming, but Hanbin pulls his phone out and starts making a video call.

A few seconds later and the screen shows Jinhwan’s face, who quickly yells for the others to join him. Bobby feels touched, not expecting the surprise call. That’s probably why Hanbin hadn’t told him what they’d be filming, so they’d get Bobby’s natural reaction and not something that seemed rehearsed or prepared.

He receives well wishes from them all, and it affects him more than he’d expected. He’s only been training with them for six days, but already a bond has formed. Donghyuk’s message is the sappiest one, and the guys for it, but it makes Bobby happy. Even though he’s not the youngest, Donghyuk has definitely been the one who’s made Bobby feel the most like an older brother. They had the most natural chemistry between them.

The call lasts for a few minutes, and for the whole thing Bobby’s got a smile on his face a mile wide, and he feels rejuvenated. He’s got one round left tonight, his final song, and the nerves had been creeping up again. But seeing the others has a calming effect on him, and now he just feels confident.

He has to do this for them. He has to win for them. He wants to do everything in his power to bring as much positive attention to the team as he can, and if he gets the victory tonight then it’ll only help them out in the long run. If he’s going to come in at the last minute then he needs to come in full of fire and positive attention.

Once Hanbin ends the call he stays for another few minutes, and they talk about the crowd tonight, about their expectations. Hanbin has the highest expectations and it bolsters Bobby once again, makes him feel like the only thing he can expect is victory. He leaves him again a few minutes later and as soon as he’s out the door Bobby hears snickering beside him.

“They’re cute,” The Quiett says, smirking behind his sunglasses, “it makes me feel like I could go out there and win the show.”

Bobby grins at him and sits back comfortably in the couch, his hands up behind his head. “It’s nice to have a cheerleading squad.”

“I’m glad that’s working out for you,” Dok2 adds, “it makes me feel good to see them all happy for you.”

Bobby looks at him and feels gracious for everything he’s done for him. “Thank you for setting that up for me, hyung,” he says, “I know it’s only the beginning, but so far it’s been really good. I feel like I’m dying most days, but they say I’m doing well.”

Dok2 grins at him. “Yeah I’ll get an update from you in two weeks once you’re fully integrated and you’ll probably be cursing at me.” They all laugh, and it might be true, but Bobby thinks that even if he’s on the verge of death at the end of every day, he’ll still go to sleep happy.

Forty minutes later and it’s time for his final performance. He fixes his suit jacket one last time before crouching down to sit on the stage. The fans are in front of him and he looks at them, grinning when they scream for him. He nods at them and loosens his grip on his microphone, not having realized until that moment how tightly he’d been gripping it.

CJamm has performed already, so Bobby’s stage is the final one of the night. He’s doing a hype song again, ending the show with a bang. He’s worked all week to perfect his delivery on his rap, not just working with his mentors and not just with Hanbin, but he’s also had a session with one of YGE’s in house rap instructors, and it was enlightening to get a complete stranger’s take.

He feels ready for the performance, feels energized. He looks up at the top row of the audience area, where his aunt is standing in as his family. He smiles when he sees who’s standing by her. It’s not just Hanbin, but Woosung is there as well, and Bobby feels grateful to the both of them for coming. Not just for him, but to keep his aunt company as well.

His performance goes perfectly, his energy is strong and aggressive and the audience enjoys it, screaming along with him. He feels like victory is a sure thing when he exits the stage, greeting his team mentors who both pull him into a hug. It hits him then, at that moment, that he might never work with either of them again. It makes him feel sad, and he probably hugs them for a bit longer than they expect. But they both pat his head and tell him that they’re proud of him, that he killed it. The praise means everything to him.

Soon he’s on stage next to them, with CJamm on his other side. They’re getting ready to see the results and Bobby is happy to have him up here. They haven’t really talked much since that night at his place months ago, and even though they’re competing, they’ve been quite friendly tonight.

But soon it’s that moment, the one he’s been waiting months for. He stands with his hands clasped in front of him and his head bowed, praying. He’s already won as far as he’s concerned, because he’s got a good contract, an amazing team, and Hanbin. But the title and the money would be nice.

The results are calculated and he looks up at the screen, holding his breath. But there it is, in plain view on the screen. Bobby—Victor.

He turns to CJamm and pulls him into a hug before Dok2 and The Quiett are also reaching for him, pride plain as day on their faces. He looks up where he knows his important people are standing but the lights are blinding and he can’t see them, but he knows they’re there, and he smiles in their direction.

Mission accomplished. He’s done everything he’s set out to do.