Somewhere deep down

The Boss Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dad! The door!” Chan’s voice echoed through their average sized apartment. His voice was hoarse indicating he had just woken up. Followed his shouts were loud banging on the front door. “Dad! Even if you stay in bed longer, I won’t open the door!”

Groaning as he fluttered his eyes open and scanned the clock. Attempting to comprehend his surroundings properly. Waking up at 4 a.m. could not get any more irritating. Jeonghan despise everything that prevented him from getting a good night sleep and anything that woke him up from his unconsciousness. Contemplating before he checked his phone to see if anybody had messaged him.

Boo Seungkwan was his only friend and the kid would likely inform him in prior of visiting. Which sane person wouldn’t? No messages. No calls. Not even a single notification from the games on his phone. Upon grasping the possible prank behind his front door, he closed his eyes, shut his mouth in a tight line. Being unbothered by everything had always been in his nature. Sleep mattered more than annoying teenagers playing pranks on them-

The knocking got more aggressive and frantic.

Only then did Jeonghan become aware of the pouring rain outside. That was odd, it wasn’t on the news. Forcefully, he dragged his body off his mattress and sluggishly made his way to the door. The knocking hardened and mysterious person almost screamed but Chan’s demanding voice made him shut his mouth.

“Aah~ dad, open the door it’s too loud and too early for any of this!” Chan said before muffled yelling into his pillow.

“Shut up. I’m almost there.” Jeonghan yelled back. If it wasn’t for his half asleep state of mind, he’d nag at Chan for even raising his tone at him. What a disrespectful kid? He thought. He made sure to nurture him correctly but now he was even ordering his own father around! He sneered at his kid’s door. “What a brat...”

Yoon Jeonghan was way far too annoyed at this point, he didn’t bother checking the camera and begun unlocking the door. Nothing too dangerous could honestly encounter him. To face a sleepy Jeonghan would be a nightmare for the person on the other side, instead.

He flung the door open.

Everyone he knew knows how much he hated being abruptly woken up. At work, Jeonghan tries his best to never allow his mind to wander and be at peace because that meant sleeping. Unless he wanted to uncontrollably shout at his colleagues and boss for waking him up when they need to. Then, he’d rather give a poor performance than sleep somewhere he wasn’t supposed to be.

Ranting about his broken sleep could take hours and he could possibly write a decent essay about how important it is to allow somebody rest.

Sighing heavily and Jeonghan’s eyes finally averted to the person’s eye level. “Who the knocks on people’s doors at this time-”

“...Jeonghan.”

The soft recognisable voice muttered. Clearly he was shivering judging by the sight of his drenched clothes. His fingers were pruning up when he held them up for an uncomfortable greeting. Yoon Jeonghan’s eyes almost fell out of its place when he had noticed Joshua’s paling face.

“Oh, god. How long have you been there?” The assistant scolded with a glare while pulling the man inside his home. Carefully, he removed the man’s thick jacket — the same routine at Joshua’s office.

“I left my phone at my house. I couldn’t call you and I know how much of a heavy sleeper you are. Chan refused to open the door so I was standing outside for about half an hour,” Joshua stated, taking a seat on the sofa underneath the heater. 

At the view of his boss completely soaked by the sudden storm outside, he no longer felt drowsy or sleepy. Rather, he was wide awake, full of shock and horror by witnessing the male looking like corpse. He didn’t even wanna imagine what could have happened to Joshua if he hadn’t answered the door sooner. 

Then, Jeonghan snapped out of it and quit pitying his boss before scoffing. “Hong Joshua, are you a kid? Didn’t I tell you to take my house keys with you all the time? How many times did I tell you this? I may be your assistant but I won’t always be there to open the door for you. What would’ve happened if I didn’t open that door any sooner?”

“Don’t say that.” Joshua mumbled under his breath. “I just— the moment the first thunder became audible I grabbed my car keys and drove here... Sorry.”

Walking towards the light switch before turning it on. There was that look on his boss’ face — the look only Jeonghan was able to see regularly. Hair all wet and flopped on his forehead with dye running down on the side. Lips slightly parted with blush fiercely coating his freezing cheeks. How could Jeonghan possibly fear his boss? The man looked adorable like that. However, Jeonghan knew that something bad could have seriously happened to the younger.

Motioning for Joshua to stand up and the man complied without a word. For some reason, Joshua’s eyes were focused on his own feet, his lips. Jeonghan being the mature one chose to shrug it off.

Who knew not opening that door would truly cause him to feel guilty? And Jeonghan rarely feels guilty for anything. He simply removed Joshua’s long sleeve shirt before walking away to his own room to get the man some suited clothing.

Entering his bedroom with a sigh before going through his “pyjamas section” inside his closet. The heater would be warm enough to embrace Joshua. He won’t be too cold, at least. It was when he walked past the full body mirror that he gasped in surprise. No wonder Joshua was gaping at him and refusing to meet eyes. He was staring at his legs.

“Too much for being a gentleman now, Joshua Hong...” he sarcastically said at his reflection. Twirling around before he shook his head in amusement. He wore nothing but a purple oversized shirt, exposing his upper chest, and boxers that hugged his bottom tightly. “ert.”

After grabbing the most befitting clothes for his boss, Jeonghan made his way out and threw them at the guy. Their eyes never met — not even for a second but Jeonghan couldn’t bring himself to argue. All the sleep in his mind had gone off somewhere but despite his woken mentality, he didn’t bother.

“Where’s the bathroom?”

“The same place it was when you last came here, genius.” Jeonghan sassed. “Stop being so stiff, you know your way around.”

Whenever the night would be too rough for Joshua to endure, he would call the only person that picked up his calls in less than two rings. That being his assistant. Joshua was afraid of spending a stormy night alone and if Jeonghan could help, then why wouldn’t he? A simple company wouldn’t be bad on his behalf. 

The assistant always made sure to observe the weather forecasts. Usually the stormy nights  were spent drinking toxic alcohol. Only then it is easy for Joshua to forget his past and sleep with ease from the pouring rain. But the current storm must have taken everybody off guard. There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter