Incoming storm

The Boss Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A street from the building of Lightsoft was a well known café. One of the most recommended according to Jeonghan’s research. Every morning that the assistant wanders around the area, the café is packed with customers. He never goes in from seeing how busy it normally would be. Plus, the expensive menu. However, entering with Joshua always has the café empty. No customers and only a few workers. Jeonghan found it extremely uncomfortable at times.

It was so odd.

He’s been working for Joshua for almost a decade yet he doesn’t ask. Maybe it was a coincidence that somehow everyone doesn’t feel the need to come in. Or that Joshua smelled terribly bad that they fear of being in the same place as him. The second one seemed more likely to Jeonghan. 

Both of them sat near the glass wall and drank their coffee. No bickering and no teasing. They could barely hold an eye contact and every opened lips closed without saying a word. An awkward tension surrounded them and their relationship had never been like that. They enjoyed making fun of each other’s insecurities and constantly making the other feel bad about themselves. It was the kind of teasing they do but they never took it to the heart. In fact, making fun of each other’s insecurities made them more confident about it. 

Working with each other surely made everything a lot more fun until now. Jeonghan didn’t know what to do. He just asked his boss to be his boyfriend because he found out who he truly liked. The entire situation was inexplicable and for Joshua Hong to accept the offer made Jeonghan lose more braincells. 

Everyone already knew how much of a good for nothing Jeonghan was. It is also obvious that Joshua was out of his league. The man had been accomplishing his dreams at age fifteen. The two of them were twenty-eight year olds and without a doubt Joshua was far more successful. For someone like Jeonghan to ask someone like Joshua to be his boyfriend — he must be out of his mind. If it weren’t for his threats his boss would’ve fired him for even considering such thing. Joshua has been nothing but nice to him and it does guilty his conscience to be taking advantage.

Only sometimes, though.

“Are we dating or what?” Joshua asked.

Yoon Jeonghan smiled. “Of course, we aren’t. You like Junhui, remember?”

“I don’t like Jun.”

“Uhh, Yes you do. Have you seen the way you lay feathery touches on his arm? Dude, you’re literally whipped.”

Something dropped over them again and it was silence. Joshua refused to ever meet eyes with his assistant which was unfortunate. He really wanted to comment on Jeonghan’s amusing polka dotted tie. But he didn’t. It was probably for the better.

He kept his eyes out of the window as he sees Jeonghan looking down playing with his fingers underneath the table. It was a habit of Jeonghan to let his fingers tangle with each other when he was feeling nervous. Joshua didn’t understand what he was nervous about. And the look of Jeonghan’s fingers being disgustingly flexible made the CEO’s coffee unpleasant. 

“What are you nervous about?” Asked Joshua.

“You and Junhui actually have the potential to be together but here I am taking your time.” He muttered quickly.

Joshua chuckled. “Don’t feel too special that you’re here with me, Jeonghan. You’re my assistant and even when I’m married, I’ll probably still spend more time with you than my own husband.”

The assistant finally laughed how he typically would. Even if it was only a small chuckle, Joshua knew it was enough to assure the other he wasn’t bothersome. You see, Jeonghan has the mindset of thinking he’s bothering everyone. That’s something Joshua had picked up from the past years or so.

Also, even if Jeonghan haven’t told him the reason behind the deal, he knows. The reason Jeonghan asked him must be about the upcoming wedding. He’s unpredictably predictable. As always, and Joshua’s gotten used to how their relationship worked by now.

With the older male’s personality, everyone believed for him to be mischievous, secretive and mysterious. However, Joshua reads the man like an open book. Or a transparent glass. A story willing to be read on its own.

There are parts of Jeonghan the CEO chooses to never mention. Events from the past he never told Jeonghan. He knew the reason why despite the high payment he provides Jeonghan, it would never be enough for his daily life. All because of his ex fiancé — Joshua knows. Which is why even if Jeonghan wanted to leave LightSoft, he wouldn’t grant that wish. Ever. 

Albeit the obvious answer, Joshua still asked knowing Jeonghan won’t be starting a conversation any time soon. “So, why me?”

“You’re rich.”

Bingo!

“Is that really all?” He asked with a smirk and tilted to the side to showcase his sharp jawline and pointed nose. “I like to believe I have better qualities than the money I make.”

Scoffing, Jeonghan glared. “Like what? Occupying me with your own work?”

“You’re my assistant. That’s your job.”

Arguing with his boss could make Jeonghan seem like a brave person. Or it’ll out him to be a lunatic. Thankfully, no one was witnessing them bicker.

He had spent his entire life working his hardest to please people who would not even bat an eye. But with the company, Jeonghan was... relaxed. It was the only place where he could breathe and feel the moment. Despite constantly struggling with his daily expenses — Jeonghan felt guarded by the company itself. A safe haven he never imagined to have. After all, he was just a push over to everyone outside.

After allowing his ex fiancé enter his life, tomorrow’s were only to be dreamed of. Every day, he suffered and it got harder. From what Jeonghan can remember, he had not done anything to the family of his ex fiancé. However, after having Chan they’ve made the promise to make his life a living hell. Especially, when they separated and Jeonghan knew well he’s got nothing to hold. He was left with nothing but an angel, Chan. Apparently, he ruined their son’s future and for that he must be punished.

Although, Jeonghan knew damn well that ten years of agonising was more than enough of a punishment for laying eyes on the man he still loves. And will continue loving even if he didn’t want to — or deserved to.

“Husband,” Jeonghan dragged. “You said husband.”

“What?”

Softly, their eyes met with glints of teasing. “You like men, Joshua. How come you never told me?”

Evident blush covered the CEOs cheeks before he slapped Jeonghan’s arm. The other winced. “Seriously, it’s more obvious than you’d think. Everyone at work gossips about me being gay.”

The cheeky smile on the assistant’s face faltered slowly. Everyone knew except for him? How could he possibly miss that kind of information? All those years down the drain. He was supposed to know everything about Joshua. Above everyone in the building — he knew him the most. However, his boss was gay and he recently had found out after seeing him flirting with Jun. No wonder Joshua declines all the date offers from business women at parties. Jeonghan always thought that his boss was nothing but an egocentric douche bag rejecting all those beautiful ladies.

Now, it all makes sense. The reason why Joshua seem to pay the least attention to all the girls running after him. And why Jun gets longer break time compared to everyone. Oh~ he’s definitely gonna have to argue with that one. He works a lot more than him and that kind of treatment was not bound to happen in front of his eyes. 

“Woah~ is that why Jun gets an hour and a half break time but we all just get an hour?” Jeonghan exasperatedly complained. Nostrils breathing out fire.

Rolling his eyes before resting his chin on his palm. “Jeonghan, out of everyone in LightSoft, you have the least amount of rights to complain. I pay you more than all my employees combined.”

“I’m speaking about break time here, not payments.” The sass in his tone made Joshua smile innocently. The CEO leans forward.

“Fine. Choose one: longer break time or smaller payments,” Joshua dared asking. As if making the decision was difficult. Jeonghan only rolled his eyes. The answer was obvious. “Let’s not even mention how sloppy you are at your job.”

Breath hitching before he slammed both hands on the table. Drinks spilling helplessly. “I am not sloppy!”

Well, for starters, Jeonghan was indeed, sloppy at his job. Four years ago, Joshua hired a second assistant because of how bad Jeonghan’s perfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter