A simple man

The Boss Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pink silky hair brushed back in his professional attire. A lazy smile with a flying kiss towards every frantic gaze from the lady employees. Sometimes the men too but that’s on the rare occasion. When his hair aren’t pushed back and he would look a little less of a heteroual man.  Anyway, that’s Joshua Hong, the CEO of Light Soft. 

Yoon Jeonghan’s boss.

About a thing or two would make one’s mind question. Why does the CEO have pink hair? Or why does he look quite older than his actual age? Questions that bothers Jeonghan’s little brain for every step he puts inside his boss’ office. He was his assistant and unfortunately, that involved being around the guy for almost the entire day. Nobody knows Joshua Hong more than Yoon Jeonghan does and that was only a small fact. If it wasn’t for the godly high amount of pay rate at the company, he wouldn’t have stayed for eight years.

But! He’s a desperate man raising a kid on his own. Don’t forget the constant longing for his ex fiancé that he misses on a daily. Nobody is allowed to judge or point a finger at him, though. They separated not too long ago. By that he meant five years ago. 

Sadly, Jeonghan played boo boo the fool with his hot mess of an ex and got pregnant on their first year of staying together. That’s a toast for his intelligence. However, he’s happy that his baby boy, Chan was born because he’s the only thing he needs in order to survive — literally. Everything he does now are all for the boy and he wakes up every morning for his wonderful sunshine. He couldn’t ask for anything more. It’s all he ever wanted.

A loving son and an edurable lifestyle. Of course, he misses Chan’s father but he can’t let the kid see. Every night he would speak to Chan who’s sound asleep and apologise a million times. Not for doing anything wrong but for raising him as a single parent. It was tough for him but he knows it was tougher for the kid. Jeonghan was only a simple man and there’s nothing he could do except hear the repetitive words coming from Chan’s lips. The continual advice of “Please, love again, dad”.

And it hurts and pains him a lot. The kid was almost ten years old and celebrating his birthday in a couple of weeks. He hadn’t kept a closed lip for a while now. Jeonghan has been struggling to get his ex to attend Chan’s birthday parties for the last five years. However, he would always come a week later reasoning with his busy schedules. Jeonghan’s had enough of it already. It seemed like Chan did too. 

“Hmm. You dyed your hair red.” Joshua commented as he span himself on his chair like a child. “I like it.”

“Thanks.” 

Joshua called him in for an emergency. Supposedly that’s what he had said on the phone. One more thing about this guy — he loves playing games. Toying with people to be exact and making them want to quit their job. No wonder he was a CEO of a gaming company. 

“You’re supposed to say a compliment back about my pink hair,” Joshua whined. “You’re silly.”

“Well, sir, lying isn’t part of my job,” He confronted.

Sighing and the superior stopped spinning. “You’ve got a terrible personality. No wonder you’re still single.”

Jeonghan couldn’t stop himself from gasping loudly. “E-excuse me!”

“You’re excused.” The CEO motioned him to leave with an innocent smile. “Shu~ Shu~”

None of that was new to Jeonghan. Part of working with somebody who’s young and is a billionaire obviously involved childish remarks. Everybody loved him for his good looks but when that mouth of his opens, oh boy. Employees would stab their own eyes to blind themselves. There’s no doubt his appearance were on the top and maybe definitely he knew that about himself. Hence the very personality.

A few secrets were dropped a couple of years ago and Jeonghan made a promise to keep quiet about the information in exchange for a higher work payment. Apparently, Joshua Hong loves to be childish because of one sensitive reason. That being-

Yoon Jeonghan was about to exit the said office until the man called for his name again. “Yoon Jeonghan!”

Turning around and he sees his boss with his two legs crossed and his feet on his table. A mysterious envelope in his hand keeping his eyes occupied. Jeonghan quickly rushed forward because that must be for him. With his amazing, above the top and high level vision, he saw its back, to: Jeonghan and Chan ♡. 

“This came in this morning. It’s for you. Looks  fancy; seems like you’re invited to a wedding.” 

Jeonghan half laughed. “How can you be so sure?”

“The layout of the outside says it all.”

There was not a possible reason for Jeonghan to receive a wedding invitation. He hardly knows anybody other than past relationships and Seungkwan who baby sits Chan. Seungkwan is just as single as he is — more desperate too. There’s no way it could be  Seungkwan. And~ he’s only been in one (1) relationship.

“Oh no.”

He scans the invitation with his eyes. It seems like Chan’s father was trying to get himself killed and completely erased from Earth’s history. The wedding was on the same day as Chan’s birthday. Jeonghan was already preparing himself to use that as an excuse to be absent for the hurtful event but now there was no running away. He can’t be away at his son’s birthday. He isn’t an unlike his ex.

No matter how much he had been trying to avoid the man who had caused him pain, he couldn’t bring himself to not attend. Weddings were special and only done with commitments. Something he couldn’t do with Jeonghan. There’s nothing else left for Jeonghan to do except to be happy. However, those feelings won’t leave that easily. It seems that his ex was completely aware of it too and probably didn’t want to invite Jeonghan. Just his son although to be able to see the kid, he must also see the crazy Yoon Jeonghan.

Something about it hurt Jeonghan’s pride, though. Despite the honest and brutal truth. He may still be in love with him but he will never let that man see through him. Whatever it takes to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter