Chapter 10

Complicated Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter will be about Jessica’s past. Sorry for the lack of dialogues. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

Flashback

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“You’re late again! Tell me, are you seeing another girl?” My mom shouted right after dad stepped inside the house. A flying magazine greets him but he managed to dodge it.

 

“You’re always accusing me! I am so tired working my off the whole day, yet, this is what I’ll get?! This is the reason why I don’t like going home.” Dad talked back and threw his bag on the table beside mom.

 

“Then don’t come back home! Just live with your mistress! Do you think I need you here?” Mom shouted on dad’s face.

 

“What are you talking about? Our daughter can hear you.” Dad said who already has his back facing mom and is now about to enter their room.

 

“So what if she can hear us? At least, she’d know her father’s doing.” Another shout came from my mom who is now looking at me.

 

“Listen, Jessica. Your dad has a mistress. He is lying whenever he says that he’s always late because of work. But the-“ She wasn’t able to finish her words when dad pulled her inside their room and closed the door.

 

Even though the door is closed, I can still hear them shouting. It even came to the point that they went out of the room and told me to go inside my room instead and continued shouting at each other. They’re always like that every night, that's why I always lack of sleep. I’m not even allowed to wake up late because mom doesn’t want me to.

 

The house is always noisy, even in the morning because mom would scold me. She doesn’t allow me with a lot of things. I’m not allowed to go out ‘cause I might get a wound. Not allowed to watch tv for a long time ‘cause it’s bad for the eyes. Not allowed to eat sweets and candies ‘cause I might get cavities. 

 

Time passed and I couldn’t take it anymore to live in the house. With my bag full of clothes, I decided to leave.

 

“Aren’t you the child of Ms. Jung? What are you doing here outside when it’s already late at night? Won’t your parents look for you?” A guy with muscles and large frame who is always drinking outside asked.

 

“I left the house and I need a house to live in. Since you’re always sleeping here outside with these men, then just let me sleep in your house. I’ll stay at your house for a while.” I bluntly said.

 

“You ran away from your house, but you’ll stay with your neighbor?” The guy laughed. “You’re something, kid.” He laughed once again which made the other guys laugh with him.

 

“Don’t laugh at me. You don’t know what I’m through. And I lack sleep.” O shouted and slammed my hands on the table where the alcoholic beverages are and flipped it over.

 

“What the heck? Don’t you know who we are?” One of the guys angrily said. I thought that it’s gonna be the end of my life when the guy that I was talking to interrupted.

 

“Stop it.” He said with authority. The other guys followed him.

 

He walked towards me and bent down to have the same level as me. “What’s your name, kid?” He asked. I can smell beer from him, the same as my dad.

 

“Jessica.” I answered.

 

“I like you, Jessica.”

 

“Are you a e? I don’t hit on old guys, especially those who smell like alcohol.” I retorted. The other guys were about to get me again when this guy raised his hands, signaling for them to stop. I heard them calling this guy in front of me as ‘Boss’.

 

The ‘Boss’ laughed. “I meant, I like your bluntness and straightforward attitude. I am Jongkook, leader of the Sone Gang. The guys behind me are my members. Do you wanna be part of my gang?”

 

Gang? I can’t understand what he’s saying. As a six-year-old girl, I’m not familiar with the word, gang.

 

“If I agree, will you let me sleep in your house?” I asked.

 

He paused for a while to think, “Sure then.”

 

“You won’t tell my mom that I’m here?”

 

“Yep, sure. So, deal?” He said and offered his hand.

 

“Deal.” I accepted his hand and did a handshake.

 

He let me inside and stayed with the female members of his gang. They also reek of alcohol. Eww. I can even hear them snoring.

 

I decided to go outside to breathe some air. The guy with a large frame is still drinking outside.

 

“Oh, why are you still awake, kid?” He asked while putting some beer in his shot glass.

 

“Your members are too noisy. I can’t sleep properly.” I replied.

 

“Why did you run away?” 

 

“I can’t sleep in the house because they’re always shouting. Why are they always like that? They’re always shouting and hurting each other.” I said and sat beside him.

 

“They just love each other, maybe that’s why.” He said.

 

Love? If that’s what happens when people are loving each other, then I don’t want to love ever.

 

“So, you ran away from your house because your parents are always shouting?” He asked again and drank a shot of beer. His face is already red.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then, cover your ears.”

 

“It doesn’t work?”

 

“Even with pillows?”

 

I shook my he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter