A dare you

The Flower In My Garden

Chess turned out to be more complicated than jimin thought.

He had been staring at the chessmen for a good 15 minutes, having a brainstorm on which chessman should he move next.

Sitting across the smaller, jungkook couldn’t stop himself from staring at the serious boy. He looked adorable even when he was in dilemma. Hands supporting his chin, brows furrowed, and lips pouting. Everything jimin did could magically take jungkook’s breath away.

“Jimin, have you decided? You are taking forever and I swear this game is going to end by tomorrow morning” jungkook covered his mouth and yawned.

“Don’t rush me. This is harder than I thought and this is my first game” the little boy scowled.

“It is just a game jimin. It is fine if you lost in the first game. This is pretty normal for beginners”

“Are you saying that I am so bad that am going to lost for sure?” jimin looked up abruptly and stared at jungkook with straight eyes. A kitten with claws.

“Nono of course not! I’m just...erm...saying” the brunette was taken aback and threw his hands into the air.

Jimin once again paid his attention to the chess and contemplated, even if it took forever, he would never give up on it. Jungkook was impressed. Jimin was always so determined, so persistent in negotiating, he was a diamond in the rough. The rest of the world could be as rough as it desired, but he would always shine with his inner beauty for eternity.

Jungkook started regretting his decision to teach jimin on how to play the chess, now that jimin was paying more attention on the chess rather than him. He stood up, knee purposely hit on the under of the table, the chessmen tumbled, rolled over the edges and fell to the ground. Jimin jumped up and watched in shock, helplessly witnessing the event unfold, mind couldn’t really process.

“I...I am so sorry. I didn’t mean it...” jungkook said with a pout, doe eyes wide opened to play innocent.

Jimin sighed and shook his head. “It is fine, let’s pick them up”

Jungkook followed him and got down on the floor to clean up the mess, purposely trying to move closer to jimin when he swept the chessmen to his right using his foot. Jimin was oblivious, too busy to notice the sly move of the boy beside him. Jungkook couldn’t help but wore a mischievous grin on his striking face. The Queen was lying between their feet, the very last piece waiting to get picked up, she remained silent, perfectly tranquil. Jimin’s hand reached for her, fingers were so close to wrap around her, warmth transmitted to her figure. She was so ready, her heart raced, her insides fluttered, she waited for him, but she forgot.
Jungkook reached for her too. Two hands reaching for one, she didn’t know which to choose. She was overwhelmed, eyes closed awaiting for her fate, but none of them came. The twinkle in her eyes died down, the one in jimin’s eyes lit up.

His hand was enclasped in jungkook’s, so firmly, so tenderly. The butterflies didn’t just fly, instead, they danced. Jimin couldn’t stop them, nothing could tame them, the sensation spread like wildfire. Jimin felt so weak, his whole being heated up gradually, a shade of coral red settled on his face. He stumbled, failing to catch his balance, he dove forward and fell into jungkook’s arms. The boy was fast enough to catch him, with his limbs encircled around jimin, he enfolded him in his arms and his hair.

“Jimin” he called out softly, tone sweet and melodious.

The said boy lifted his head and looked into his eyes. Jungkook’s stare on him was strong and passionate, it was as soft as the morning light kissing the wind, yet it was as intense as the flame that could set fire to the rain. Jimin had lost his ability to comprehend.

“Jimin let’s play a game” jungkook crouched down and said by his ears.

“Wha...what game?” jimin stuttered, cheeks burning at the intimacy. They had done this more than jimin could remember, he had rested in the familiar arms numerous times. But no matter how many times he stayed in them, under what occasion he lingered in them, it would never fail to cause the rapid reddening of his neck.

“Have you ever heard about Truth or Dare?” jungkook questioned with a smirk.

“Truth or Dare? What is that?” jimin tilted his head to the side looking completely clueless.

“It is pretty simple. You will have to choose the truth or the dare. For truth, you need to answer my question honestly. And for dare, you need to do as I instruct you to. Is that good?” jungkook raised his brows.

“Yes” jimin nodded.

“So, I will go first. Truth or Dare?”

“Truth” jimin answered without hesitating.

“Alright. So, jimin, you need to answer me honestly. No lies” jungkook squinted his eyes.

The smaller gulped and nodded. Heart palpitating with both anxiety and excitement.

“Do you...” jungkook paused, eyes looked straight into jimin’s. “Like someone? Right now, do you have someone you like?” jungkook was wearing a serious look, eyes sparkling in curiosity. He had always wanted to ask jimin this question, something he wanted to reassure, something he wanted to set his hopes on.

As if got struck by the lightning, jimin was solidified. He blushed harder until he was scarlet, arms burning with shyness and stomach becoming a dome because of the butterflies that always remained.

Taking up all his courage, he whispered a yes. And it was all it took to paint a smile of contentment on jungkook’s face.

“Okay, your turn jimin. Ask me”

“Truth or Dare?” fidgeting with his fingers, jimin tried his best to stop his blushing.

“Truth” no hesitation from the other.

Jimin rolled his eyes and bit his lips. “Do you...do you have a girlfriend?” he failed to stop the blush.

“No, I am gay” jimin didn’t expect jungkook to be this straightforward, he gasped lightly. “And I don’t have a boyfriend either” and jungkook realised something, so he added “before this”

Jimin grasped the hidden meaning. He tried his best not to smile like an idiot.

“Jimin, Truth or Dare?”

“Dare” he went for the latter.

Ignoring his deafening heartbeat, jungkook sang out his wish. “I dare you to kiss me”

“Huh?” jimin thought he was hallucinating.

“I dare you to kiss me, park jimin, I dare you” he truly did.

He left jimin no choice but to do as told. Jimin tiptoed and rested his hands on the broad shoulders. Little by little, he leaned closer. So close that his breath was fanning against jungkook’s cheek. Jimin couldn’t take it any longer, he leaned towards the brunette rapidly wanting to plant a kiss on his right cheek. But he didn’t expect jungkook to turn his face to the right at the very last second. His lips landed on his.

Jungkook’s lips felt so soft on his, like the pink cotton candy, sweet and fluffy, too addicting to let go. Jimin closed his eyes, letting himself slipping away into ecstasy.

Jungkook unwillingly pulled apart when he was out of breath. Before jimin could react, he answered his unasked question. “I choose dare” jungkook looked tipsy.

All of a sudden, so out of the blue, the smaller gained his confidence. “I dare you to kiss me again, jeon jungkook”

Without further retort, jungkook leaned in, forehead rested against jimin’s. His thin lips brushed against jimin’s plump ones not so innocently. Like a tease, but it was hot, fiery and demanding. Jungkook rested his hand below his ears, thumb caressing his exposed cheek as their breaths mingled. With his other hand pulling jimin closer, once again, he connected their lips. Jimin felt like he was walking on air. It felt like magic. He yanked jungkook closer to deepen the kiss.

The world fell away.