An exquisite flower

The Flower In My Garden

This time, jungkook was sure that the boy in front of him was not a deaf but a mute. He stared at jungkook blankly blinking his eyes. Fluttered lashes tangled up, hooded eyes appeared hollow. It somehow pulled at jungkook’s heartstrings when the sunrays fell on jimin making his pallor cheeks bloom. Jungkook breathed in deeply and cleared his throat.

“Are you not going down to have lunch, Barbie?” he raised his brows trying to appear dominating.

Jimin shook his head lightly. Before jungkook could utter a word, he tilted his head and smiled at the taller, eyes squinting, cheeks grew rosy. His reddened cheeks were almost too alluring, jungkook thought he could feel his own burned.

“Don’t smile at me, we don’t know each other. Why are you smiling at a stranger? Do you have no self-conscious?” jungkook crossed his arms.

His words were so sharp, sending arrows to jimin’s heart, piercing through it mercilessly, laughing at the scattered pieces maniacally. Jimin gasped and stumbled back hitting the window frame. His right hand was clutching at his chest, left hand searching blindly for something to hold onto in order to support himself. His tears stung his eyes blurring his sight, air trapped inside his lungs choking him. Anxiety started crawling on him like a leech. From toes to calves, advancing to his belly, speeding up to his neck. Jimin thought they would never come back, but now they did. A wave of fatigue hit him sending chills down his spine. His knees went weak sending jimin crumbled to the ground. He yelped, tears rolled down his cheeks to the corner of his plump lips. An urge of vomiting surged through his body when he tried to bite back his tears. He coughed uncontrollably, fingernails scratching on the floor creating a squeaking sound. Jimin could feel his head was throbbing with pain. His wheezing echoed in the ward.

Watching everything unfold, time had frozen.

Jungkook was stunned by an imaginary blow to his head. Jimin rose and fell right in front of him. Like an exquisite flower bloomed in front of him, but wilted right away under his negligent. Jimin’s quiet cries clenched his pulsating heart, and he knelt down in front of the smaller.

☆☆☆

It felt as if jimin was fading away. His skin no longer tinted with delicate colour. The once pinkish hue painted on his beautiful face had left the pretty boy.

Jungkook didn’t understand why.

“Barbie?” as gently as he could, he lifted the smaller boy up letting him rest on his firm chest.

Jimin was still hyperventilating. Not knowing on exactly what to do, jungkook patted his back tenderly, his touch as light as feather.

“Barbie are you okay? You are freezing. Do you need anything?” jimin shook his head. His grip on jungkook’s sleeve tightened.

“Ju...jung...kook” he breathed out, pale lips trembling.

Jungkook gave him a compassionate look, waiting patiently for him to continue.

“I...I...am cold...” jimin’s tremble lessened, so did jungkook’s heartbeats.

Without hesitation, he carried jimin bridal style to his bed. He was shocked at how light the boy is. He wrapped his blanket around the tiny frame and gave jimin’s palms a soft squeeze. He abandoned the smaller and made his way towards the door.

“Jungkook!” jimin cried, his wheezing struck once again.

Jungkook panicked and rushed to jimin’s side, he threw his arms around the poor boy and hushed him.

“Where...you...going...?”

“I am going to call for your doctor”

“Please...don’t...leave...I...af...raid...I...” jimin spoke in a broken sentence.

“Okay barbie” jungkook smiled warmly. “I am staying”
He pressed on the emergency button above jimin’s bed.

“Barbie” jungkook called out.

Jimin looked up, eyes sparkling with curiosity.

“Finally you talk” jungkook teased. The pinkish hue danced around jimin’s cheeks again.

“What’s your name again, barbie?” jungkook raised his brows.

Jimin was contemplating whether to tell him his name. He somehow loved the nickname given, having a nickname made him feel special. He wanted to feel special.

“I am jimin...b...but...I like Barbie” jimin lowered his head from embrassment.

Amused, jungkook laughed out loud.

“You are really something jimin. So unbelievable!” his laughter was ringing by jimin’s ears.

Jimin placed his hands onto his chest trying to calm himself. He could hear his own heartbeats and he was afraid that jungkook might hear them too. He had no clue on what kind of feeling he was experiencing. Everything was so new to jimin. It was a mixture of fondness, nervousness and craziness. Jimin was as pure as the crystal clear snow falling from the sky, as lovely as the tulip blooming under the sun, as fragile as the butterfly circling around the flowers. Jimin was like a newborn to this world, needing all the cares from somehow he deserved, someone who would whisper how much he loves him by his ears, someone who would kiss his tears away, someone who would make him feel alive all over again.

The swung open of the door saved jimin’s heart from bursting.

“The doctor’s here barbie. You are fine now” jungkook stood up and left the room.

The warmth gone. Jimin no longer in daze.