Park jimin, Jeon jungkook

The Flower In My Garden

That was the hundredth time for jimin changing his sleeping posture. No matter how, jimin just couldn’t fall asleep. Looking out of the window, the moon fell into his sight. She was hanging high up in the dark sky, without fear, without trepidation.

“Perhaps, she is used to it” jimin thought.

The sky looked bare without a star. The night looked lonelier than she already was. Jimin felt sorry for them, the sky and the night. But deep down, his soul was the loneliest out of all, it had been mourning for years. Jimin realised that was the first time for him wondering what the time is. There was no clock in his room. After all these years, time was merely nothing to him. So what if it was 8 in the morning where students were busy attending school, if it was 12 in the noon where they would gather around in the school canteen to have lunch, if it was 11 at night where they could sleep on their own bed inhaling the scent of home.
He didn’t own them. He didn’t own time. All he owned was just his vulnerable body and his innocent mind.

Jimin sniffed, a single tear rolled down the corner of his eye.

“Barbie” jungkook sighed startling jimin. He puffed and started hiccupping.

“Barbie are you in pain again?” jungkook sat up abruptly rubbing his eyes, tone covered by a layer of worry.

“No I am fine jungkook. I am sorry for waking you up” jimin followed him and sat up. Their bodies facing each other.

“Why are you not sleeping? Are you not used to having me in your room?” under the dim moonlight, jimin could see him raising his brows. His ruffled hair made him look younger.

“No of course not” jimin shook his head while waving his hands.

“I think I have in...son...mia?” jimin tilted his head to the side. His statement made jungkook laugh a little.

“It is insomnia. You are cute” jimin’s stomach stirred, the butterflies inside came to life.

“I am not cute” jimin whispered. But jungkook caught them.

“Hey Barbie, I know it has just been two days but tell me more about yourself” jimin froze. No one had ever cared asking him to talk about himself. He was always a shy introvert who listened to others’ stories, but he never shared his. Jungkook’s sudden request astounded him.

“I...my name is Park Jimin” jimin stuttered fidgeting with his fingers. Jungkook nodded, encouraging him to continue.

“I am from Busan, a place with a beautiful sea”

“Oh me too!” jungkook exclaimed interrupting jimin.

Jimin was taken aback. Jungkook looked like a chicky boy born in Seoul, but not someone like him, from somewhere pastoral.

“My family moved here when I get enrolled in my high school three years ago. Did you move here because of the same?” jungkook was engaged in the conversation.

“No. My family moved here five years ago. I have been living in this room for five years. I can’t go home” like a spear, it pierced through jimin’s heart. He clenched onto the bedsheet tightly, knuckles turning white.

Jungkook’s smile faded.

“I am sorry jimin. I am so sorry” the atmosphere went dead.

“It is okay jungkook. I am feeling sleepy. We should go to sleep” a small smile formed on his face. With his back facing the window, jimin was glowing under the moonlight. Jungkook had never seen someone this captivating, so celestial, too ethereal.

“Barbie?” jungkook laid down, unwillingly moved his gaze away.

“Jungkook?”

“Barbie my name is Jeon Jungkook” jimin carved his name inside his mind.

“Goodnight Barbie”

“Barbie...” jimin unconsciously blurted out his own nickname, not able to wipe his smile away.

“Yep Barbie. Or do you prefer Annabelle?”

“What is Annabelle?”

“Oh poor baby. Never mind, go to sleep beautiful”
Jimin couldn’t stand all those teasing. Flushed, he hid under his blanket shutting his eyes.

Two hearts palpitating under the shimmering moon.