Took my breath away

The Flower In My Garden

Jungkook studied that jimin never went out to mingle with others. He always locked his gaze at the winter blossom, without a leaf, without a flower, stood bare in the cold, exposed and defenceless. The winter blossom was the perfect metaphor of jimin. Their core linked together, jimin cried its tears, it shed jimin’s leaves, so beautifully depressing, so miserably magnificent.

“Don’t catch a cold, jimin” the doctor’s words rang by jungkook’s ears.

“Jimin are you very sick? Why will you get defeated by the wind? Why are you constantly in pain?” thousand of questions ran through jungkook’s mind, his emotions whirled.

He strode across the room and stood in front of the brownish black haired blocking the view outside the window, jimin looked puzzled.

“Barbie, let’s take a walk instead of staring longingly” jungkook suggested wearing a hopeful expression.

Jimin’s dark brown orbs twinkled for a second but went dim by the next. He lowered his head with a light shake, lower lips caught between his teeth.

“I can’t, jungkook. You can go down there by yourself, I am fine” he tried to force a smile.

Jungkook was not happy with his request being turned down. He took a step forward, eyes crossed, fists clenched.

“No jimin. You go out with me. Now” jungkook’s demanding tone terrified the minor. Jimin’s breathing accelerated, petite frame trembled, wobbling with every step he took trying to distance himself from the boy towering over him. The fright was too obvious to omit, jungkook trapped in his own remorse.

“Barbie” he lowered his voice. “Barbie, I mean we don’t need to leave this building, we can just walk around the hospital, is it okay?” he approached jimin cautiously, afraid to cross over his boundary.

Jimin’s body started to relax, breathing back to a normal pace, and soon regained his composure.

“Okay” he looked up and beamed. Like a bud finally bloomed into the finest rose, too splendid to look at, too dazzling to lay a finger on.

Jungkook’s pupils enlarged, blood rushed up to his cheeks warming them.

Jimin, you took my breath away.

☆☆☆

Jungkook had lost count on how many hallway they have been passing through. Jimin was leading with jungkook trailing behind like a lost puppy. The hospital was like a maze, stretching out endlessly engulfing those who ran into him. Jungkook and jimin were the runners, trying to escape, but always end up with more to dispatch. Watching jimin make every turn without hesitation in the maze, jungkook was amazed.
Countless common areas were filled with chanting, laughing, groaning and crying. Doctors and nurses never stop rushing on the hallways. Carts with medical equipment scattered around like stars furnishing the sky. The strong odour of pharmaceuticals invading jungkook’s nostrils triggering his receptors. Everything was covered in white. Jungkook felt light-headed.

“Ji...jimin...” jungkook gripped jimin’s wrist to stop him.

The latter turned around facing the panting boy.
Jungkook’s lips has turned pastel, beads of sweat forming on his forehead cascading down his jaw.

“Are you okay jungkook?” jimin’s eyes widened, lips quivering in fear.

“I am fine. Just, can we go somewhere else? It stinks here and the white is blinding” jungkook heaved wiping away his sweats.

“Jungkook, I am so sorry for making you go through all the hallways. I am so stupid” the smaller pouted. A red tint covering the tip of his nose, eyes began to water. Jungkook’s brows knitted at the boy’s sensitivity.

“Hey Barbie look at me” jungkook tapped his index finger under jimin’s chin.

“I am doing fine you see. Don’t blame everything on yourself, you have no time for that. Now show me some other places. The air here is too musty” jungkook placed his tongue out and rolled his eyes.

Jimin’s expression went from worried to amused. He covered his mouth and giggled, eyes formed into two crescents.

“Of course of course. I will bring you to the place where I would visit every time I need some cool air”

“Really? I am anticipating...”

“But jungkook...”

“Huh?”

“The place is forbidden. We have to be extra careful if we don’t want to get caught. And we have to keep it a secret” jimin was close to whispering, finger placed in front of his lips making a quiet sign.

Jungkook gulped. “Is that the rooftop?”

“No” jimin shook his head. “I can’t get exposed to the wild. It is somewhere inside the hospital”

Even though jungkook was bewildered, he could stand the smell no more.

“Take me there, Barbie” he extended his hand.

A small gesture was enough to make the smaller melt into a pool of shyness. Head hung low, cheeks turned rosy, like a mimosa wearing a pink ball of fluffy flower. Never a moment for jungkook to find the delicate boy not to be tempting.

Jungkook’s hand was still awaiting, fingers twitching in exhilaration.

Jimin raised his, clasping onto jungkook’s bigger one, fingers intertwined, heat radiating from their skin.