If I know what love is, it is because of you

The Flower In My Garden

A night without dreams was always a dream for jimin.

The nightmare would visit him right after he was drawn by sleepiness. It was always the same, it was never beautiful, it stayed with him for years. Crawling onto him, engulfing him, swallowing him whole. He would try to escape, but it was stronger than a lion, trapping his mind, confining his soul. He was too frail, having no power to fight back, he could only surrender, to dwell with the torture.

He was always facing the storm, ambushed by the catastrophe, pushing him into the sea, dark and petrifying. While he was sinking, still and paralysed, jungkook appeared out of nowhere. Like a mermaid, opened up his arms for him, saving him from drowning, granting him everything he dared not to wish for. Jimin clutched onto him, so afraid to let go, so scared that he might sink again, even deeper. But he knew the day will eventually come, the day he had to let go, to set both of them free, to bid him the most beautiful goodbye.

Jimin was surprised finding himself didn’t encounter the night terrors waking up in jungkook’s arms. The streaks of sunlight welcomed the flutter of his eyes. The small boy rubbed his puffy eyes and looked up at his beloved. Jungkook was still in his deep slumber, he always looked younger in his sleep, jimin beamed a little. His sharp edges appeared softer, jimin swept aside the ruffled hair covering his eyes. He looked so much warmer, something jungkook didn’t usually possess. It touched a subtle string in jimin’s heart. He teared up again, sight subsequently getting blurry, like a wall blocking him away from jungkook.

“Jimin” he heard him, but he couldn’t contain his tears.

“Jimin, don’t cry” jungkook hold him tight, kissing the corner of his teary eyes.

“Jungkook” he snuggled closer, tightening his grip around the brunette, trying to mould into him.
No matter how close they were, still, he couldn’t reach him.

“Jimin, will you tell me?” jungkook’s voice was hoarse and smoky.

Jimin curled up in his embrace, face nuzzled up against his neck. “Jungkook, I love you. I love you so much, please believe me, please believe me always” jimin’s voice was so faint, it felt like he was talking in his dream.

“I love you as much jimin. I always do” jimin was panting heavily. Jungkook caressed his back trying to comfort the sobbing boy. The trembling of jimin’s body gradually lessened.

“Jungkook, I...” jungkook was waiting patiently for him to continue, jimin said nothing but to sniff continually.

“Don’t be afraid, jimin” jungkook eventually said.

But how could he not be afraid? Without jungkook, how could he? He didn’t want to stay strong, he refused to stay strong.

Jimin closed his eyes. “Jungkook” he paused. “I want to go down to the meadow. Please, bring me”

☆☆☆

Jimin had a scarf wrapped around his neck, jungkook’s sweater was a little too baggy on him. He looked like a five-year-old getting ready to build a snowman and jungkook was trying so hard not to pinch his cheeks.

Jungkook was like a worried mother who wouldn’t stop nagging. He had been constantly searching through jimin’s closet looking for more fabric to drape around the smaller. Jimin smiled looking at the busy jungkook, tears threatening to fall again. He blinked them away and faked a cough trying to gain jungkook’s attention.

The brunette turned around in no time and rushed to jimin’s side with widened eyes.

“Jimin you are coughing! No no no, we are not going out. Mission abort!” jungkook’s overreaction made jimin giggle.

“I am fine jungkook. I was just trying to gain your attention. Look! I am good, as fit as a fiddle” he flapped his arms excitedly and swirled in small circles.

The ends of jungkook’s lips twitched and curled upwards. His crystal clear eyes reflected so much of affection, the fondness was too lucid to overlook.

“Can we go down now?” jimin clung onto him like a baby koala, lips puckered into a honey pout with his head leaning on jungkook’s chest. Jungkook thought he heard the bursting of his heart.

The air was too chilly to jungkook’s favour. It was dark and bleak and jungkook wouldn’t like to take the risk. He wrapped his arms around jimin securely, grip firm and lusty. Another gust of wind blew towards them, jungkook hastily stood in front of jimin blocking away the cold, his silky hair danced.

“Jimin, let’s go back” jungkook’s brows knitted staring at jimin with pleading eyes.

“Jungkook it’s fine. I am okay with the wind. I am not even trembling!” jimin tried to persuade jungkook by flashing him a smile.

“But jimin, this is too risky. I can’t let anything happen to you”

“As long as you are here, I will be fine”

“Jimin, but...”

“Jungkook, just hold me. Just hold me tight and I will be fine” he gripped onto jungkook’s arms and stared into his orbs. Jungkook saw nothing but determination.

None of them blinked, none of them shifted their gaze. Like two celestial orbs twirling in space, not even the time could refrain them. Jungkook took a step forward and pulled jimin closer, not saying a word, not breaking the gaze. Jimin smiled and placed his hands on jungkook’s chest delicately.

“What are you thinking about?” the smaller asked, voice as light as feather.

“You” and jungkook leaned down to catch those beautiful lips.

Jimin smiled through the kiss, he didn’t care if someone was around. It was something he had been yearning for, to kiss the one he loves under the tree, to hug the one he loves in the wind feeling their warmth. He always thought it would forever remain as an imagination, a dream he would never achieve. The moment was so unreal, it was too perfect for him, he was so afraid. Nothing would last forever, so did the moment and it pained him so much, terrifying him to the core.

He pressed his body closer against jungkook, trying to melt into him, to chain himself up against him. He knew he was desperate, but he just wanted to feel the warmth for the very last time, to engrave it in his mind before finally letting go. The tears he had been holding left the brim of his eyes.

Jungkook, if I know what love is, it is because of you.