Closer

The Flower In My Garden

Jungkook’s footsteps were hasty.

Shoulders bumped into him, arms brushed against his. Eyes flickering around trying to catch a glimpse on the number engraved on every door, jungkook was pushing his way through the crowded hallway. He shouldn’t have chosen to visit during lunch hour. From afar, he could see the hallway came to a dead end. Jungkook started doubting himself.

“Have I gone the wrong way? Should I go to the east wing instead of the west?”

Jungkook’s heart grew fonder towards the boy. The more he thought about jimin, the faster his heart pounded. His longing for the boy always scorched him, nowhere to hide, no will to omit. It could dance the light fantastic without the first note of the orchestra.

At the very end of the building, stood the room 402.

Jungkook found himself gnawing on the inside of his cheek, just by grabbing the doorknob made his breathing rapid and shallow. With a twist, he opened the door. Jungkook slowly made his way into the room. At this rate, he could no longer hear his own breathing. He studied that jimin’s mother had demanded for a private room, it was slightly smaller compared to jimin’s previous one, a semi-private which had now become a private for jungkook having no one with him.

Jimin never left his room, he would never. The brunette thought he was hallucinating and rubbed his eyes trying to concentrate, when he opened them again, still, no one was around. He glanced to the only window on the left, seeing it being wide opened, jungkook’s heart dropped, breathe cut off, mind went numb. He strode across the room towards the opening, he took a peak, nothing but a patch of green, he heaved a sigh.

“Jungkook?” the tall boy froze to his spot.

“Jimin, will you stop time if this moment passes?” he used to ask.

“What do you mean, jungkook? You are weird” jimin giggled pulling at his gown.

Jimin, you sure do.

☆☆☆

And he heard it again, tone sweet and silky, music to his ears.

Jungkook faced the boy.

Down-turned hooded eyes, cute button nose, small plump lips resting on his petite face, pallid with rosy cheeks. How could he forget? No words can describe how beautiful jimin is. Pretty, stunning, enchanting, jungkook didn’t know which of them would be the best. But for him, jimin was surely irresistible.

Jimin was mortified. When he thought he could never see him again, he had come to him. When he thought he had left him, he found him again. It was neither fate nor coincidence, but it was jungkook. He had been searching for him, always craving for him, to hold him tight, to kiss him, to sing him to sleep. Like a spell, he fell for him, and could never escape, would never want to escape.

Jimin yearned for him as much as jungkook did. He smiled for jungkook, cried for jungkook, fell for jungkook. A flower can never leave the carpel, they fuse together to live as one, one can never lose the other. If jungkook was the storm, jimin would rather give up on his carpel, petals detached and flew to him, to engulfed by him, to dance with him.

“Jimin” jungkook was approaching, his footsteps thudded together with his heart.

“Jimin” he called out again, standing in front of the smaller. Tears pooled in jimin’s eyes, he looked up, they cascaded down his cheeks. His body trembled, lips apart but couldn’t utter jungkook’s name.

Please hold me, jungkook

As if the taller could read his mind, he looped his arms around jimin’s waist. Pulling him gently, he engulfed him in a warm embrace. Jimin’s scent invaded him instantly, as sweet as vanilla, as lovely as baby’s breath. He wished to tighten his hug, but jimin was someone who needed to be handled with so much tenderness, he was too precious to break. Jungkook could feel the front of his gown starting to get damped, he pulled away and cupped jimin’s face.

“Why are you crying jimin? Don’t cry. Never show the world something so precious” he ran his thumbs across jimin’s cheeks wiping away his tears.

The boy was gripping onto jungkook’s gown as tight as he could. He was afraid if he ever let go, the brunette might disappear again. Just like those previous nights, when he opened his eyes, the very first thing to surge through his soul was something he wished to never stumble upon again. Loneliness always submerged him, he was tearful and fearful, having nothing to hold on to, but to support his frail self with all his might.

He hastily blinked away his tears, having the need to look at jungkook clearly.

“Is this a dream?” he whispered taking a step closer.

“It is not a dream, jimin. I came for you. I am here for you” jungkook beamed, resting his left hand on jimin’s waist while the right ran across his spine down to the small of his back.

Jimin’s cheeks immediately grew crimson red and buried himself in jungkook’s chest trying to hide his flushed appearance.

“Why are you so shy jimin? I didn’t do anything did I ?” jungkook teased.

His hand resting on the small of jimin’s back went slightly lower, his touch was burning on the boy’s delicate skin. Jimin couldn’t speculate if the heat came from his own body or from jungkook’s touch. He took a deep breath trying to clear his clouded mind, only to find himself slipping away into a state of euphoria under jungkook’s minty scent. He tiptoed and looped his arms around the boy’s neck, chin resting on his shoulder. It was too dangerous to breath in the addicting scent under jungkook’s affectionate touch.

“Jungkook” he spoke by his ears.

“Jimin, it tickles” jungkook laughed burying his face in jimin’s hair.

“Jungkook, I miss you” jimin pouted, eyes sparkling in tears.

“I miss you too, jimin. I miss you so much” he replied placing a kiss on jimin’s temple. “Wherever I go, whatever I do, my mind will always wander about you. It feels like you cast a spell on me jimin, it is so hard to hold back. Your existence completes me, only you, no one else but you. This is the effect you have on me. So irresistible” 

Jimin was stunned, completely dumbfounded by the sudden confession. He was not someone vocal, constantly trying to hide himself, not knowing how to wear a facade, he could only distance himself from others.

Until he met jungkook. The one who brought colours to his life, to make him feel completely different, to make him feel incredibly special. No one else, but only jungkook.

“Jungkook” jimin tightened his hug.

“Don’t leave me” he buried his face in the crook of jungkook’s neck, lips brushing against his Adam’s apple.

“I would never jimin. Why would I? I will only leave when you have decided to give up on me, when you grow tired of me, when you don’t want to have me by your side anymore”

“Don’t talk about things like that!” jimin was a little terrified and hit jungkook’s chest gently with his small fist. “I will never grow tired of you. And I want to stay by your side always”

“Let me guess. You are now blushing again?”

“Am not!”

“You sure are”

“Am not! I am not!” the small boy stomped his feet and pulled away. He crossed his arms over his chest and made a honey pout. Jimin’s cheeks had never been this rosy, jungkook tried to bite back his laughter.

“Alright beautiful you are not. I am just teasing” jungkook chuckled. He pulled the boy close to his chest and hugged him again. He didn’t plan to let go in the first place.

Their bodies were dangerously close. Hearts beating against each other’s chest.

“Jimin, do you think we are close enough?” jungkook caressed his hair.

“Maybe?” jimin bit his lips. “But it is okay to be closer” he closed his eyes and rested his head on the firm chest.

“Tell me, how close do you want?”

“Until we breath the same air”

Pulling him closer, jungkook kissed him on the cheek.