The Date

Now I'm In Love

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

“Why are you so dressed up?” my sister asked me.

“I’ve got a date tonight.” I told her smiling.

“With who?” she arched an eyebrow but I stayed silent. “You have a girlfriend?!” she exclaimed.

“NO!” I replied. “She’s a friend of mine that I asked out on a date. It’s just a friendly date Hayeon, no biggie.” I shrugged.

“You didn’t answer my first question.” She crossed her arms and looked at me. “Who’s your date?”

“Jessica.” She raised her eyebrow. “She’s our new friend. Didn’t Yuri tell you that?”

“Oh! Jessica, she’s the one that can tease you to death and not get mad at her, right?” I rolled my eyes while she looked at me with suspicion. “Oh! I want to meet that girl.” She said grinning.

“Sure. I’ll tell her.” I looked at my watch and it said 5:30. “I gotta go Hayeon. I’ll see you later. Bye.” I rushed to my door and to my car.

I parked at Jessica’s front and walked to her door. I knocked at her door and waited for her to open it. I heard footsteps and assumed that it was hers. The door opened and revealed a 40-ish woman; I assumed it’s her mother because of the resemblance.

“Good evening ma’am.” I greeted her politely.

“Good evening. You must be Taeyeon.” She smiled and I nodded. “Jessica’s still getting ready. Why don’t you come in first and wait for her in the living room?” She said and led me to their living room.

“Uh sure Mrs. Jung.” God why am I nervous?

“So what's your relationship with Sooyeon?" she asked me while sitting down the couch. I gulped. 

"We're good friends. Just friends, tho." I clarified. "I don't think Jessica swings that way." I added. 


"So you always ask your friends out on a date?" Mrs. Jung asked me and I swallowed the lump on my throat. "And I don't think you know, but my Sooyeon came out to us last year." she added and winked at me. 

I was about to answer Mrs. Jung when someone cleared their throat, Mrs. Jung looked at the direction and I did too. When I looked at her, my jaw dropped. She’s so ing gorgeous. I said inside my head. She looked at me and I just stared at her.

“Is it that bad?” she raised her eyebrow at me.

“Huh?” I snapped out of my thoughts and I fixed myself. “I mean. You look beautiful.” I smiled at her and she did, too.

“You’re not so bad yourself Kim.” She teased.

“I guess we need to get going.” I cleared my throat and looked at her.

“Yeah. I guess so, too.” She said. “Bye mom. I’ll be back soon.” She bid goodbye to her mother and we get going.


"Taeyeon-ssi?" her mother called me out and I turned to look at her. "Take care of my daughter." she said and I smiled and nodded. 


"I wouldn't let anyone harm her ma'am." I said and she smiled. 


"Call me Ommoni." she said and I widened my eyes. "I insist." she said with finality in her voice. 


"Okay Ommoni. We'll get going now. I'll bring her back in one piece." I said and she nodded. 


I made my way to the car and saw Jessica waiting for me. When I reached her, she looked at me and I felt uncomfortable. 


“What?” I asked her.


“You look good in casual clothes.” she said. And I grinned.

“You look gorgeous in dresses.” I winked at her and she blushed. “Is that a blush I see?” I teased and her faced get redder. She slapped my arm and mumble a ‘shut up’. I laughed at her and opened the door of my car to let her in. 


I put my car in ignition and drove away. The drive was silent, minus the radio playing in the background. I glanced at Jessica and smiled. She looks beautiful tonight. I've always known that Jessica is beautiful, though I don't want to say it out loud, coz I know she's just gonna tease me again. Jessica has that effect on me. She doesn't need to try and make herself beautiful, coz she already is in her natural state. 

"Why are you smiling by yourself? Have you gone crazy?" she snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and she has this confused look on her face. She's kinda cute. I thought


"Just thinking of some pretty things." I said grinning. 


"You're really weird for someone who looks cool and calm everyday." she said.


"So you think I'm cool?" I asked her smiling. "Are you one of my admirers now?" I and she rolled her eyes. 


"Eyes on the road Kim." she said and turned her head away. I saw her cheeks turned pinkish and I grinned. 


I parked the car somewhere near our dating location. I opened Jessica's door and waited for her to come out. 


"Wow!" she suddenly said. "We're in the middle of nowhere! Nice date location Kim! This is so new!" she sarcastically said and I rolled my eyes. 


"We're not there, yet, pabo." I told her. "Shut up and just follow me." she stayed silent the whole way, fortunately for me. 


After 9 minutes of walking we arrived at our destination. I looked at Jessica and grinned. She has her eyes widened and jaw dropped. I smirked and nudged her.


"So how's the location now?" I asked her teasingly.

She looked at me and grinned. Woah. That smile. 
"This is the best!" she said and hugged me. I froze for a moment and then hugged her back. She broke our hug and run near the edge of the hill. 


We're at a hill overlooking the city night view. I arranged some blankets and pillows for us to sit on. I brought some food as well. My mom cooked it and I bought some snacks. While Jessica was enjoying the view, I arranged the food for us to eat. When I finished, I went to Jessica's side and enjoyed the view. She's so beautiful.


"How did you find this place?" she asked me. "The view is so daebak." she added smiling. 


"I think it found me, not the other way around." I told her honestly. "I was driving around after someone broke my heart, and I ended up here. It helped me moved on. As weird as it sounds, but, it's true." I opened up to her. 


"Was it a girl?" she asked me. "The 'someone' who broke your heart, was it a girl?" she repeated and I sighed. 


"Yea. You're smart, so I guess you put the pieces together. Why I hated girls and all that ," I said. "But that was before." I looked at her and our eyes met. "Someone changed that." she broke our eye contact and sighed. 


"I'm hungry." she said breaking the moment. I giggled. 


We made our way to the blanket and pillows. We told each other some embarrassing story while we were eating our food. I just stared at her while she’s talking and I noticed that her eyes sparkle whenever she talk and my heart flutter with the view in front of me.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked me while she looked at me weirdly.

“You’re beautiful.” I told her unconsciously. She looked at me and raised her eyebrow, again. I snapped out of my trance when I realized what I told her. “I mean, your story is beautiful.” I told her and looked around but her.

“Right.” She smirked and silence. I know she’s looking at me and I can tell she’s smirking.

“Let’s eat.” I said and she just laughed. Dang! Why am I the one who’s sweating? I internally groaned.

“Right.” She said and eats. “The food are beautiful. Right?” she said and I can feel her smirking. I smirked and decided to play her game.

“Yeah it is. But not as beautiful as you, Sica.” I winked at her and smirked. She blushed and I laughed.

“Shut up.” She shoved her food into and rolled her eyes at me. I laughed and continue eating my food, too.

After we eat, I told her that I'll bring her to the amusement park.


"Why amusement park?" she asked me. "It's more fun here." she groaned. 


"Are you scared of the rides?" I and she glared at me.


"I'm not scared." she whined. "I just love it here. It's peaceful, more beautiful than the city." she said.


"Well, I agree with you. But, it's getting late and we need to get back to the city." I told her sighing. 


"Okay. Let's go." she said in defeat. 


We made our way down and towards my car. I opened the car door for her and she get inside. I started the car and drove away. 


“So,” I spoke over the music. “What kind of rides and games do you wanna do?” I asked her.

“Are you up to every single one of them?” she questioned me back.

“Guess we’ll have to find out.” I told her and it was silent again. Jessica was looking outside the window, watching as things go by.

I parked my car near the amusement park. Jessica squealed in excitement when she realized that we in fact had arrived. I looked at her with raised eyebrow with her sudden enthusiasm.

“Sorry, I just got a little bit excited.” She apologized.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and opened my door. I opened the door for her as well. She bolted outside and jumped with joy. I’m left beside my car laughing at her. She turned towards me and raised her brows up.

“What?” she said attempting to look mad?

“You look adorable with the jumping thing.” I laughed at her and she blushed.

“Well thank you for the compliment.” She winked at me and I swear my heart stopped. What gives her the right to wink at me? I thought. I shook the thought aside and reached out for her hand leading her towards the entrance.

I bought us both our tickets and went back to where Jessica is.

“So, where to first?” I asked her.

“How ‘bout we do the ring toss thing so I can beat you?” she said.

“Are you challenging me with the ring toss?” I asked her.

“Yes. Are you afraid you’re going to lose?” she challenged.

“Hell no.” I said quickly. “Let’s go then.” We made our way towards the ring toss area.

We glared at each other before we start our game. When there was only one more toss left for each one of us, Jessica made hers around another bottle.

She celebrated a little, with a little I mean jumping around and screaming she won. I scoffed and focused on my last toss.

Just as I was about to throw, I felt Jessica’s hands reached out to my side and tickled me, causing my aim to miss terribly.

I turned towards Jessica to find her laughing and screaming she won. I glared at her and she stuck her tongue out at me.

I made my way towards her grabbing onto her as she made a run for it. She tried to struggle against me, trying to escape my grasp. Finally, she gave up knowing she won’t escape.

“You cheated.” I whispered into her ear.

“To be fair,” she started. “I was already winning.”

I loosened my grip around Jessica just the slightest bit giving her some room to breathe.

She took this an opportunity to turn around in my arms thinking that it’ll make her escape, but it just causes our faces to be inches apart.

I heard her breath hitched when I looked directly into her eyes. My eyes flickered down to her lips, before looking into her eyes again. Jessica started to lean in but I stepped back causing her to frown.

“We need to get your prize.” I cleared my throat. “Since, you know, you won.” I smiled at her attempting to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

I turned back to the guy who ran the game to get Jessica’s prize. When I get there I mentally slapped myself. Dang that moment! I turned towards where Jessica is, I noticed that she’s still in daze.

My heart beats faster when I noticed how beautiful, yet again, Jessica looked tonight. Yes, I said she’s beautiful earlier, but she’s prettier right now than before. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the man gave me the prize. “Thanks.” I told him.

“You’ve got a pretty girlfriend right there.” He said and pointed at Jessica’s direction. At least he's not homophobic. 

“You think?” I asked him looking at Jessica.

“Yeah. You better keep her close and never let her go.” He said and patted my back. “Now go there and give her this.” He said and gave me a little push. I thanked him again and made my way to where Jessica is.

“Here you go Sica.” I gave her the cute panda bear.

“Aw! This panda is so cute!” she said happily and took the panda bear from my hands and hugged it tightly. “Where did this come from? There’s no panda there when we were playing.” She asked.

“I guess this is a surprise?” I half asked half stated. She looked at me and smiled. “So where to next?” I asked her and she dragged me in every corner of the carnival.

After a while of talking, laughing and dragging everywhere, the only thing left that we hadn’t done was ride the Ferris wheel.

Jessica jumped and dragged me again towards the Ferris wheel. Thankfully, the line wasn’t that long so we got in fast.

Jessica sat down on the other side while I sat down opposite to where she’s sitting. She looked outside and watched the fireworks.

“Wow!” she said happily. “This is great Taengo! Look!” she said.

“I can see it from here you know.” I told her laughing.

She looked at me and grins. She sat down beside me and snuggle. Wow!

“Thanks for tonight.” She said and I can hear her smile. “I enjoyed it so much.” She looked at me directly in my eyes and my breath hitched.

“I’m glad you had fun.” I told her not leaving her eyes. She smiled and snuggled to my side again.

We got off and began walking in a completely random direction. We stopped at the cotton candy stand and bought her one.

She started eating it while we walked at random direction. She pulled out a piece and held up the piece for me to eat. I was a little shocked, but then took it anyway. She continued that routine until there’s nothing left.

“Let’s walk to somewhere less crowded.” I suggested, holding out my hand for her to take. She nodded and gladly took my hand.

It didn’t take long until we came across a railing overlooking the water. She let goes of my hand and run up to the rail, admiring the beautiful view before her.

I go up to her and stood besides her admiring the view as well. I barely had time to appreciate the beauty of the view because something or someone distracted me. I looked at Jessica instead of the view before us. She looked at me and I quickly looked away just in time to hear her chuckle.

I decided to wrap my arms around her waist. She instantly leaned back into my body and we both, mostly her, admired the view before us. I looked at her while she was busy admiring the view.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” she asked me and I rest my chin on her shoulder.

“Yeah. It’s a breathtaking view.” I said as I looked at her. She turned to look at me and caught me looking at her. We looked at each other’s eyes when I decided to break it.

“Let’s get you home.” I told her and she sighed.

We made our way to my car in silence.

“I guess I’ll see you on Monday?” she said when we reached her driveway. I nodded and smiled at her.

She unbuckled her seatbelt and attempted to get out of the car when I stopped her. “I’ll get that.” I get out of the car and opened the door for her. I walk her to the door and stayed silence for a while.

“I…” I started.

“Thanks for the wonderful night Taeyeon.” She cut me off. “I enjoyed it. This is the best date ever.” She said and I grinned.

“Me too.” She smiled. “I’ll see you, Monday.” I told her and she nodded.

“Good night Taeyeon.” She said and opened the door.

“Right. I guess that’s my cue to go now.” I said awkwardly. “Good night Sica.” I waved at her and made my way to my car.

I was in the middle of their lawn when she called after me causing me to turn around. She hugged me and kissed my cheek. I stood there frozen while watching her get inside of their house.


I get into my car grinning like an idiot holding the spot where she kissed me. Never thought unplanned date will be the best date of my life. I thought and drove off.

 

 

--------------

a/n: Sorry for the errors. I'm kinda disoriented tonight. 

So yea, a sweet taengsic for all of us! Woooooooh! 

-K xx