Surprises

Now I'm In Love

Chapter 10 - Surprises

*Yuri's P.O.V.*

"Yuri?" someone called for me. "Sorry I'm late." she said. 

"No, it's fine. I just got here." I told her. "So what's up? Why'd you call for me? This late at night?" I asked her. 

"What should I do?" she sighed and sat down the bench. We're at a park, the same park that Yoona ended up in earlier. "I'm scared. What if she hates me when I reveal myself?" she voiced out her worries. 

"She won't hate you. I think you already know that she has fallen for you." I told her the obvious truth. "You know, the only reason why I'm helping you conceal your identity is because you're my cousin, right?" I clarified. "But when worse comes to worst, I'll be on her side. She needs to know the truth." I said truthfully.

"I know. Thank you, by the way." she said grateful. "I just need time. I'm not yet ready, Yuri. I want to tell her as much as you do, but I'm scared." she said in all honesty. 

"Just, tell her soon. I can't keep hiding this forever. Taeyeon is clever. And if she really put an effort on finding out who you are, she'd probably know you by now." I said. "But I think, she's not doing that because of you." That damn midget, she can just put an effort and finish this hide and seek that's been going on for a while now. I'm getting tired. I thought. 

"She asked me to be her date on the ball." She said after a long silence. "So I guess she'll know me pretty soon." she sighed. 

"I'm part of the committee." I said. "Do you want me to do something?" I asked her. 

"Yes, please." she stood up and hugged me. "Thank you, Yuri!" 

"You owe me. Your debt is increasing day by day." I . 

I guess this hide and seek won't end soon. I hope those two would know what they want already. Nobody asked, but I'm really tired. 

"Let's go. Fany's gonna be mad if I've been gone for long." I told her. 

We both made our way home. I accompanied her up to her house. I waved at her goodnight and made my way to Yoona's house. 

When I opened the door to the house, I saw Taeyeon laying down on the couch reading.

"Tae? You're still awake?" I asked in surprised. "I thought everyone was asleep when I left."

"I was asleep, but I woke up few minutes ago." Taeyeon answered. "I thought you were asleep. I didn't check." she said. "Where were you?" she asked me. 

"I just got out for fresh air." I said. 

"At 1 in the morning?" she asked with raised brows. "Are you cheating on Fany?" she asked. What?! 

"What?!" I asked shocked. "Why would you even think that? I'm not ever gonna cheat on her. Why would you even, what?" I said in disbelief. Cheating on Fany is like cheating on my mother. 

"What? I was just asking. You went out this late, and then your only excuse is you needed fresh air." she explained. "That's the only explanation I could think of."

"I'm not cheating on Fany. You know I'll die if I ever did." I said. "And I'm not planning on cheating on her."

"So where were you?" she asked with a smirk on her face. 

"Your annoying girl called for me." I said and her eyes widened. "But I'm sorry I can't tell you anything." I looked at her apologetically. 

"Don't worry. I understand." she gave me a smile. "Go on and sleep now." she told me.

On my way upstairs, I saw Taeyeon's jacket beside her.

"Why do you have your jacket with you?" I asked her. 

"Oh, I went out earlier. I just walked around the area for a while then got back here." she said with a smile. "I kinda saw something interesting when I was out though." she said.

"What did you see?" 

"I finally saw the moon hiding behind the clouds."

What's so interesting with that? I shrugged it off and continued my way upstairs. It's been a long day. 
-----

*Taeyeon's P.O.V.*

"Jessica!" I shouted at the running girl. "Hey wait up!" I ran after her.

"What's up Kim?" she asked me when I was at her side, still jogging. 

It's Sunday morning and my friends and I decided to jog. Of course I was reluctant at first, but then I saw Jessica passing by in her jogging clothes, so I eventually said yes. I didn't know she's this fast tho. I'm not really physically fit, so here I am, breathing heavily beside her. There goes my coolness. 

"Nothing. I just wanna jog beside you." I said and she giggled. "Tho it's really hard to do right now." I whispered the last part and she laughed at that. 
I looked at her laughing state and I smiled subconsciously.

"Yah! No dating in the morning!" I didn't need to look to know who said that. Sooyoung. "Even Yuri and Fany are not beside each other." she continued and we laughed at her. She's so bitter.

Instead of separating, I grabbed Jessica's hand and pulled her towards a tree shade.

"You guys go ahead, Jessica and I will rest here." I told them and they all nodded, except one. "We're not dating Soo!" I shouted at the girl who's looking at me like I ate all her food.

Sooyoung left but not without giving me the 'I-know-what-you're-doing' look. Jessica and I just laughed at her antics. 

"Tired already, Kim?" the laughing girl asked me. "Your fans will be disappointed that their 'oh so cool' Kim Taeyeon is a mess right now." she said laughing. 

"So you're disappointed?" I said. "You know, since you're one of my fans?" I and she turned red. I laughed at her face. 

"I'm not!" she whined. 

"You're not disappointed?" I more. "But I thought my fans will be disappointed?" 

"I'm not your fan!" she said burying her head in her hands. She mumbled something that I couldn't understand. 

"What did you say?" I asked her. 

"Nothing!" she said. 

"You're not gonna tell me?" I said leaning closer. She tried to move away but I held her in place. "One last chance, Jung." I said in whisper. 

Our face are so close that I can feel her breath on my face. I swear I saw her eyes lingering on my lips. I don't know how many minutes had passed, I think time froze when our faces are this close to one another. I feel like it's just the of us in the world right now. I can't hear nor feel any presence around us. It's just as two. Stuck staring at each others lips and eyes. 

"Kim," she said in a small voice. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was about to close the gap between our lips when someone interrupted us. 

"Yo Taeyeon!" someone yelled at me causing us to separate. I looked at her and she was red as a tomato. I'm not one to talk, coz I'm sure I'm as red as her face. 

"Uh..." I cleared my throat. "That was..." I said looking everywhere but her face. 

"Yea, that was..." Jessica said. "I'll see you later. I have to continue my jog." she said in a hurry and then run away. Stupid Taeyeon! 

"That was awkward." the one who interrupted us said.

"Shut up, Hyo!" I said to the intruder. 

"Is that how you greet your cousin who just got back from prison?" she said offended and I laughed. 

"Prison? You were in China, Hyo." I said laughing. 

"China, prison. What's the difference?" she said in nonchalance. This girl. 

"Come here," I hugged the girl. "I missed you, but that was really a bad timing." I told her.

"You were sitting there for like 8 minutes, stuck at looking at each other. I was getting bored." she said.

"Nothing's going on, anyway." I said and sighed.

"That was nothing?" Hyoyeon asked. "And here I thought you guys were shooting a romantic movie."

"We're just friends, Hyo." I said.

"But you want it to be more." she concluded. 

"It's a long story." I said and gave her a small smile.

Hyoyeon, my cousin who just came back from China, was one of those who knocked me out of my sense when I was hurt by a girl. Though she knocked me out of my heartbreak literally. She punched me and then told me to 'wake the up', Sunny on the other hand was more gentle but brutal with words. Well, they're not my cousins for nothing. 

"HYOOO" Sunny shouted while running towards Hyoyeon. "How dare you?!" she ran after Hyoyeon with a glint in her eyes. "Where's the food I asked you to bring?!" Sunny shouted while running after Hyoyeon. 

"I'm sorry!" Hyoyeon shouted. "I was so excited of coming home that it slipped my mind!" 

The rowdy bunch are back. I sighed. I looked around and saw them all laughing at Hyoyeon and Sunny's action. 

"When did you come back Hyo?" Sooyoung asked the blonde girl. "We could've fetch you at the airport."

"Oh please. I'm not that naive." Hyoyeon said rolling her eyes in the process. "I wasn't born yesterday. I know you guys." she said and we all laughed. 

"But really, when did you come back?" I asked her. "And how did you escape prison?" 

"I arrived yesterday. And as for how I'm back, it's because my mom's friend is sick and she asked my mom to have me accompany her daughter. And my mom agreed, so here I am." she explained and it took a while for us to process what she said. 

"So in short, you're here to be a baby sitter?" Yuri asked her. 

"Baby sitter is so lame, but, yea." Hyoyeon nodded. "I'll be staying with her at her house. Just until her mom comes back from the States." she explained. 

"Okay. That's cool." Yoona said. "So who's she?" we looked at Hyo in anticipation. 

"Taeyeon's girlfriend." Hyoyeon said and I can't help but cough uncontrollably. Why do I feel nervous all of a sudden? 

"Unnie you have a girlfriend?" Yoona asked me and I shook my head. 

"What? Isn't Jessica your girlfriend?" Hyoyeon said confused and I blushed. I could feel their eyes on me, teasing me. And as if the world wants me to be a tomato, Jessica showed up. 

"Hey guys!" she greeted us and they all looked at her with teasing smile. "Why are you all looking at me like a creep?" she asked with a frown on her face. 

"Hi Taeyeon's girlfriend!" Sunny greeted her back. I guess I'm not the only one who's going to be a tomato. 

"What? I... What?" she stuttered. She turned to look at me asking me to explain. 

"Hyoyeon thought you're my girlfriend." I said, still looking like a tomato.

"Well, I just thought you were coz you almost kissed." Hyoyeon said adding things that could make us a tomato. Someone put a gag on ! 

"WHAT?!" All of them shouted.

I looked at Jessica and she has her hands on her face, trying to hide her tomato-like-face. I'm gonna send Hyoyeon to Antarctica.

"So you're staying with Jessica, Hyo?" I asked changing the subject. 

I looked at them signalling to shut up. I know they're not gonna let this go, but I can at least save Jessica from this embarrassing moment. 

"Yes." she answered, teasing smile still on her lips. "Now you have a reason to go to her house everyday, Tae." she teased. 

"Okay. I need to go." Jessica said. "You can stay Hyo. I'll see you guys around!" she said while running away. 

I watched her go and sighed. Soon. I thought. I looked at my friends and they're all wearing teasing smiles. 

"Shut up!" I said and walked away blushing. I heard them laugh and I just shook my head. Crazy bunch. 
----
It's Monday and a week has passed since Hyoyeon came back from China. She transferred to our school a week ago. Hyoyeon told us that Jessica and her are best friends since they were little. A fact that was surprising to us all, except for Yuri. Hyoyeon said that Jessica always prefer staying in and that's why we never met her. Hyoyeon also told us that Jessica sometimes help her with her dance. And speaking of dance, it's just 2 weeks away from the Halloween Ball. 

Everything is settled. Tiffany was the one who organized it. Well, we're all part of the committee but Tiffany insisted that she'll organized it so we let her. It's not like we're complaining, well I have just one complaint. WHY THE HELL IS IT REQUIRED TO HAVE A MASK? Costumes are not allowed? And no pair up? Should go alone? What the hell is Fany thinking? 

"Yah! Tiffany Hwang Miyoung!" I heard Sooyoung yelled at Tiffany. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Shh. No shouting in the hallway please." Tiffany said covering her ears. "And excuse me?"

"A mask, Fany unnie?" Yoona asked. "And no costumes?" she added. 

"And no partner?!" Sooyoung, once again, shouted. 

"Costumes are overrated during Halloween, anyway." Tiffany said. "And yea, no partner. So all the single boys and girls wouldn't have a problem." she explained. "And it's a Halloween Ball not a Halloween costume party." she finished and walked away. 

I looked at both Sooyoung and Yoona and they have their jaws dropped. 

"Well, this is gonna be interesting." I sighed and walked away. 

I made my way to the rooftop, I planned on sleeping there. When I got there, I saw Jessica laying down on the couch with a book covering her face. She must be sleeping. I thought. I asked my father to put a couch and a table here, and a roof so that we'll have a shade if it's sunny. I told him that this is my special place when he asked why. The truth is, I know Jessica always come here when she wants to sleep. And I'm sure her back is already sore from laying down on the floor. That's just our secret though. 

I sat down on the floor and leaned my back on the couch where Jessica is. I looked at her one last time and focused on the book I'm reading.
I was so focused on the book that I didn't realize that she woke up. Not until I felt her fingers pinch my cheek. I looked at her and smiled. I closed my book and gave her all my attention, her fingers still on my cheek. She was looking at me, with a look I can't explain. I put my hand on her hand that's on my cheek and looked back at her.

"Hi." I said in a whisper. She broke our staring contest and closed her eyes.

"Five more minutes." she mumbled and I chuckled. Cute! 

She opened her eyes when she heard me chuckle. 

"I'm too tired to bicker with you right now. So you're in luck, Kim." she said lazily and closed her eyes. 

I continued looking at her, my hand still on her hand. Lucky for the both of us, all the teachers are having a meeting so we're free to do whatever we want. Just inside the school though. 

"But my day wouldn't be complete if I didn't bicker with you." I said and held her hand, away from my cheek and kissed it. That made her look at me, with her eyes still looking tired. 

"But my day's already complete when I see you." she said. I think she doesn't meant to say that out loud. I looked at her and her eyes are closed. 

"Me, too, Sica. Me, too." I whispered. I kissed her on the forehead and let her sleep. 

I sighed and resumed reading. Minutes later, I felt my back aching. I looked at Jessica and saw her sleeping peacefully. I yawned and realized that I was sleepy. Well, I was originally planning on sleeping here anyway. I planned on sleeping on the floor when I noticed that the couch is big enough for the two of us. I laid beside Jessica and put my arms under her head. I felt Jessica moved and hugged me, she rest her head on my chest. I think she thought I'm her pillow. So basically we're laying down on the couch cuddling. I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes. I hope Jessica won't kill me when she wakes up.


-----


I felt someone poking my cheeks and I tried to slapped it away. I opened my eyes and saw Jessica looking at me. She was the one who was poking my cheeks. She has this look like she was caught doing something illegal. She looks so cute that I can't help but smile. She smiled as well and we're stuck staring at each other, again. We're still cuddling on the couch, staring at each other. 

"Taengoo," Jessica cooed breaking the silence that engulfed us. 

"Sica," I grinned and she copied my action and buried her face on my shoulder. 

"How long are we out?" she mumbled and I can feel her breath on my neck. 

"Well, I went here at 9:30 in the morning and it's 1 in the afternoon now. You do the math." I said holding her closer. "That was the best nap I've ever had, by the way." I added smiling. 

"I'd be offended if it wasn't." Jessica said and I chuckled. "I'm hungry."

"But I don't wanna get up." I whined and buried my face on her hair. 

"But I'm hungry." she said. 

"But I'm comfortable." As if on cue, my stomach starts rumbling. We both laughed. 

"Too bad your stomach doesn't agree with that." she said when our laughing subside.

"Just 5 more minutes and I promise we'll go down and eat." I sighed and snuggled closer to her. 

I heard her sigh and did the same. I don't wanna get up from this comfortable situation. I don't want to let her go. But, we're both hungry. 

"You know, if you ever wanna feel the best nap of your life again, you can just call me." she said as if she read my mind. 

"You promise?" I smiled. 

"I promise." she said and I can feel her smiling.

"Sica?" I called her and I heard her hum. "Will you be my date?" I felt her tensed beside me. 

"Dates aren't allowed, Taengoo." she said and I smiled. 

"I'm not talking about the Halloween Ball." she looked at me confused. "I'm talking about the Christmas Ball." I grinned at her shocked face. 

"But that's months away." she said. 

"And? I wanna make sure that you're gonna be my date. And I'll be the one who's gonna be organizing that one." I told her.

"Well, it's not like I have a choice." she started. "Since you're begging me, then I have to say yes." she looked at me grinning. This girl is really something! 

"Okay, your highness." I looked at her laughing. I kissed her forehead and stood up. I looked at Jessica and I saw her in daze. "Let's go?" I offered my hand for her to take. 

She took it and we made our way down holding each others hand. When we reach the end of the stairs, Jessica attempted to break our contact but I didn't let her. It was late for lunch time and I expected the cafeteria to be less crowded but when I got there it was still crowded. 

I dragged Jessica on our table. I saw the students whispering to each other when we entered but I could care less. I saw my friends and they are all looking at us. 

"Well, hello there lovebirds." Hyoyeon said breaking the silence. I rolled my eyes at her remark. 

"So yea, Jessica will be sitting with us from now on." I informed them and dragged Jessica at the table to sit. "What do you wanna eat?" I turned to her and asked.

"Taeyeon," she said looking around. "I don't think I belong here."

"Does anyone have a problem with Jessica sitting beside us?" I asked my friends and they all shook their heads. "See? You belong here." I said smiling at her. 

"I don't feel comfortable with the whole student body staring at us." she said and I can see that she's uncomfortable. I frowned. 

"Stop staring at us!" I shouted and they all left us alone. "Problem solved." I told her grinning. 

"You're so..." she shook her head. 

"So what do you wanna eat?" I asked her again. 

"Surprise me?" she said.

"Aren't you already surprised?" I chuckled softly. "I'll be back."

"You're gonna get both of your food, Tae?" Tiffany asked me surprised. "You never do that to any of us." she said pouting. 

"Well, she's my moon." I looked at Yuri and I saw her eyes widen in realization. 

 

 

 

 

---------

a/n:

Sorry for the wait. I was busy with school. xx