Don't You Dare

Now I'm In Love

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

Unknown Number: (10:42) Hey.

Unknown Number: (10:57) Can you just text me back?

Unknown Number: (11:26) I know it’s late, but I need someone to talk to. Please? My friends don’t want to talk to me right now with some childish reason. Please talk to me; I feel better talking with you.

Unknown Number: (11:39) Your probably asleep now. Good night. Thanks for trying. =(

Is she seriously making me feel guilty? I thought. And why is it working? Bloody hell, why do I need to be the good guy? I decided to call her just to take away my guilt.

-calling Unknown Number………

Me: Okay, I’m giving you 2 minutes to talk.

All I heard was faint sobs and some movements.

Me: Uh… Hey? Annoying girl? You there?

UN: Yeah. *sobs* sorry, I must disturb your peaceful slumber.

Me: No, no, no. You didn’t. I wasn’t sleeping.

UN: Okay. That means a lot. Here, I thought you were sleeping coz I waited for an hour to get a reply from you.

Me: I wasn’t in the mood to text you back. I don’t do texts; I’m more comfortable in calls.

UN: So I guess I should call you a lot from now on?

Me: No, don’t do that. I do the calling not you.

She was silent for a while and I assumed that she was asleep but then I heard her faint sobs.

Me: Why are you crying?

UN: My mom’s doctor told us that her cancer cells are spreading. And she’s in stage 3 now.

She started crying again. And I was at my bed staring at the ceiling dumbfounded. I don’t know what to feel and what to say. I don’t know anything about those kinds of things.

UN: I don’t know what to do. My mom doesn’t want to do her treatments. She’s so stubborn. Ugh!

Me: Hey. It’ll be alright. I know your mom will win this battle. I can see that she’s a strong woman, she even raised you and your siblings without your dad, so just have faith in your mom. She’s not dead yet. You can get through this.

I told her, and I felt myself smiling like an idiot in my bed.

UN: Thanks. That means a lot.

Me: Well, I don’t really know what you feel right now. And I can’t imagine that happening with my own mother, so, I admire your bravery. Don’t lose hope, okay?

UN: Okay. I’ll try my best not to lose myself.

Me: That’s better.

I smiled and it went silent again.

Me: The chick-

UN: How was-

We both said.

Me: You go ahead.

UN: NO, you go.

Me: No, you go.

UN: Okay, how was the chicken sandwich?

Me: Eh… It’s okay. I’m not saying it’s delicious, but, it’s good for my hungry stomach.

UN: The nerve! I made that! Hahaha

Me: So that’s why it tasted horrible. Now I know why my stomach ached earlier.

UN: A little thank you can be appreciated you know?

Me: Why would I thank you? You ditched me.

UN: Oh. Yeah, about that. I’m sorry. I was really scared, I chickened out. Pun intended. 

I can feel her grinning on the other line. 

Me: Psh. It’s fine. I got the chicken sandwich so it’s fine. And you're so lame. 

UN: Yah! My puns are not lame.

I laughed at her. We talked until we get sleepy. 

UN: Okay. Thank you again. Your words made me feel better.

Me: Glad I could help.

Me: Well, I guess I need to get to bed now. We still have classes tomorrow. Bye.

UN: 2 minutes huh. *giggles*

Me: Well, you're comfortable to talk to. 

UN: Yeah? 

Me: Yeah. 

I can feel my lips turning upwards. Why are you grinning you idiot?! I thought to myself. 

Me: Good night.  

UN: Um... Yeah. Good night. I’ll see you tomorrow.

Me: Yeah, you’ll see me tomorrow.

UN: Hahaha. I’ll be wearing black shirt tomorrow. So, good luck for finding me.

Me: I won’t even bother looking for you.

UN: Guess we’ll have to find out tomorrow, then?

Me: Good night you annoying girl.

UN: Good night Taeyeon.

With that I ended the call and sleep, grinning. 

-The next morning

“Good morning, sweetheart.” My mom greeted me. I’m all ready to go to school.

“Good morning, mom.” I greeted her back and hugged her. “Please stop calling me sweetheart. I’m a teenager now mom.” I told her.

“No can do sweetheart. You’ll always be my sweetheart and my baby.” She said in her motherly voice. I remembered the annoying girl case so I hugged my mom tight not wanting to let her go.

“I love you mom. Please take care of yourself.” I told her.

“I will sweetheart. You take care of yourself, too, okay?” she smiled at me and kissed my forehead. I nodded and kissed her cheek.

“I’ll be going now mom. Bye.” I kissed her again. “Take care okay?” I told her again.

“You too, Tete.” She called after me as I made my way to my car.

-At school

The first thing I saw was a girl wearing a black shirt. And I remembered the annoying girl telling me she’ll be wearing a black shirt today. Why am I thinking of her today? I asked myself in my head. I get off my car and made my way to my locker. I saw Yoona and Yuri waiting by my locker.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them. And they greeted me back. “Where’s Tiffany?”

“She said she’ll be late today. Nickhun and her partied last night.” Yoona said.

“Who the heck is Nickhun?” I asked them.

“Tiffany’s boyfriend? Duh?” Yoona said ‘matter-of-factly’.

“Fany has a boyfriend?!” I asked shocked. And they nodded. “Am I the only one who didn’t know this? And to think that we’re like sisters, she didn’t tell me this info?!” I exclaimed.

“I didn’t know as well.” Yuri said. She looked hurt. Yuri has this secret crush for Tiffany, only I knew that.

“Maybe he’s just some fling.” Yoona said. “You know Fany. She doesn’t introduce flings to us.”

“Us? Didn’t she introduce him to you?” Yuri asked. Yoona shook her head ‘no’. “Then how in the hell did you get this information?!” Yuri shouted.

“Well, a friend of mine is a friend of Nickhun’s and he told me that Nickhun said Fany and him are a thing now. So that’s why I knew.” Yoona explained. “But, according to your reactions, I think it isn’t serious. I bet it was just a one-night stand.” Yoona pointed out. I looked at Yuri and her expression softened. “Okay forget I said that, I think she’s serious she just forgot to tell us.” she said and pointed at our back.

I saw Fany with some guy, he looked like a boy, and I don’t like him. I looked at Yuri and boy was she mad? She’s fuming. Tiffany saw us and approached us, her boyfriend in tow.

“Hey guys.” Tiffany greeted us and kissed our cheeks. We looked at her with raised eyebrows and she got what we’re trying to imply. “Oh, this is Nickhun. He’s my boyfriend. Nickhun, this are my friends. That’s Yoona, this is Taeyeon, and that grumpy kkab right there is Yuri.” She introduced us to each other.

“Sure.” Yuri said. “I gotta be somewhere right now. I’ll see you guys later?” she said and turned her back. “Oh, before I forgot.” She approached us again and sticks her hand out for Nickhun to shake. Nickhun accepted it, but Yuri held it tighter, squishing Nickhun’s hand. She whispered at Nickhun’s ear, “Hurt her and you’ll get a chance to meet our inner demon.” she let go of his hand and turned her back. “Nice to meet you by the way.” she glanced at our way again and smirked. “I’ll see you around.” And with that she disappeared with the crowd.

“What’s her problem?” Tiffany asked.

“Well, you know Yuri. She’s grumpy sometimes.” I said. “I’ll see you guys at lunch?” I told them and made my way to my room. I heard Fany mumbled bye and they made their way to their room as well.

When I reached my room, I saw Jessica’s already there and she seems lonely. I sat beside her and tapped her shoulder. She seems surprised and I laughed at her reaction.

“How nice of you to laugh at someone’s surprised reaction?” she sarcastically said.

“Why are you so jumpy?” I . “Too much coffee?”

“No. Just some problem with my family.” She sighed and looked at me. “Why are you so energetic this early in the morning?” she asked.

“I got good breakfast.” I told her grinning. “I ate waffles with bacons and eggs. It’s delicious, you gotta try ‘em sometimes.” I said and she giggled.

“You’re a lucky girl. I only ate an apple this morning. I woke up late.” She stated.

“Well, here. You can have my sandwich.” I hand her my waffle sandwich that my mom made for me this morning. “My mom made that. That’s delicious, I swear!” she smiled and accepted it.

“I didn’t know the ‘most popular’ girl is a mommy's girl.” She teased and laughed.

“Shut up.” I told her and we both end up teasing each other and laughing with each other.

“Thanks, though.” She told me sincerely. I just nodded and bite the other side of the sandwich. Our faces were so close together. The sandwich is just the only thing that’s separating us. We stared at each other’s eyes and her breath hitched, then she pressed the waffle sandwich into my face making the sauce spread all over my mouth and she started laughing again. “You looked like you have a moustache.” She laughed uncontrollably.

“Funny.” I said. And wiped my mouth. I can feel the other students stare at us, and I’m sure Jessica felt it too because she looks uncomfortable. “Don’t mind them.” I told her and smiled. She smiled at me and nodded. Throughout the whole class we were just teasing each other and the judgmental looks the other students gives us didn’t died down. We ignored them and continued what we’re doing.

-Lunch time

I’m currently here sitting at our usual table with Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny waiting for Tiffany to show up. We don’t eat when one’s still not here or when they don’t say we should go ahead and eat. It’s part of our rules. When we saw Tiffany coming into view we smiled, but frowned when we saw her with her douche bag of a boyfriend.

“Hey guys.” Fany greeted us. “Is it okay if Nickhun join us here?” she asked. I was about to say something when Yuri beat me to it.

“Have you seen Yoona’s, Sooyoung’s and Sunny’s boyfriends sitting here with us?” Yuri asked harshly. Tiffany glared at her. “What? That was just a question.” she said. And Tiffany looked at me.

“I’m sorry Fany but no. Like Yuri said, you haven’t seen one of their boyfriends sit here with us.” I said pointing at Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny for a point.

“Yeah. That’s right. Sorry dude.” Yoona told Nickhun.

“It’s fine. I’ll see you later, okay?” Nickhun told Fany. She nodded and kissed him in the lips. And with that Nickhun disappeared.

“Okay. Why are you acting so grumpy today?” Fany asked Yuri. Yuri just shrugged and eats her food ignoring Fany. Tiffany let it go and she eats too.

At the middle of our eating, I saw Jessica walking towards her friends’ table but she was tripped by Nickhun’s friends. Ugh! I stood up and my friends looked at me surprised, they followed my gaze and they saw that Jessica was being made fun of Nickhun’s group of friends. We made our way to the scene, when we got there Nickhun was about to throw foods at Jessica.

“Don’t you dare.” I told him through gritted teeth.